It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe everyone is waiting for someone to start the Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Revolutions are also made up. Nothing gets done without a group of people behind.

It doesn't exists, (at least not since 500 years ago) a rebellion which wasn't orchestrated by some powerful group.
So, the thing is not that they're waiting for someone else, it's just that no powerful group has a revolutionary agenda.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
The revolution will not be televised, because we can't find actors and CGI is too expensive.

Everyone is waiting, but not really for a revolution. They're waiting for a clean and quiet revolution- an unrevolutionary revolution that changes as little as possible in order to avoid discomfort.

What I mean is that nobody is waiting for the overthrow of evil institutions. They would prefer to just wait for those evil institutions to come under new and gentler management. That way the things we like about the evil institutions won't be interrupted.

I say that because no one is resisting by force or by disobedience, and the cause for that is neither a question of power nor leadership. There are people in this country capable of firing the first shots and beginning to raise a resistance behind that, but they do not.

The American people have more than enough power to bring their government and any other oppressing influence to its knees. The people physically built this country- together they know everything about the physical equipment that is used to make it run.

Some of the people know the workings of the internet and how it is abused by propagandists, and how to shut that down. Some of the people know the workings of the prison industry and how to sabotage that.
Etc etc etc through the whole list of every technology and bit of infrastructure that is used to control us.

The people have the means and the opportunity to stop the evil. So what is missing?

Motive. The people aren't willing to fight.

They believe that their government killed over 3000 of its own citizens just to start a war that would be used to steal hundreds of billions from our treasury, not to mention the profits made off the impact of the wars on the opium trade and the supply of various resources (especially oil).

But knowing that the government is murdering in the name of robbery, and having the means and the opportunity to make it stop, does not motivate people to take action.

If they took action, the cable or even the electricity might go out, they'd have to stop driving their cars to their indoor jobs to get their several hundred dollars a week for buying tons of food and beer and DVDs, and instead go outside and work really hard while doing without for a while.

The people have in fact subconsciously given consent to this murder for profit because they have subconsciously realized the trickle-down benefits.

• They have made the connection that the same companies that are doing all of this evil stuff are the same ones that bring them Ethiopian Coffee (and arranged for the Ethiopians to be growing coffee instead of food).
  • That they are the same companies that bring super-cheap crap in from China
  • They also give out SUVs big enough to be chrome plated tanks to carry all the cheap crap home in.
  • And they bring in tons of gasoline- 1 gallon for every 15-20 miles that each American drives in fact.

And the people see all of the things that they would lose by doing the right thing, and although they don't consciously realize it, some of it has blood on it, but they aren't willing to give it up.

As has been said many times, when America falls there will not be a shot fired. Which begs the question: how do we know that America isn't falling right now? I think it is. I think it HAS.

We're all sellouts, perhaps I above all.
We mean well though- we'd help if it wasn't such an inconvenience. We're just waiting for a politician to come along who will do it quickly and cleanly for us. But he's not coming, because it never occurred to any of us that maybe we're the one everybody else is waiting for. So there is no group working to educate and train and elect a group of revolutionaries to change the system from within, even though that's what everyone wants deep down.
And that failure, we also must take part of the blame for. Granted the deck is stacked against us if we go about it that way, but that is the way that we chose by default by not resisting physically. Yet we are not motivated enough, or not organized enough, or not smart enough to get anywhere by those means and get things started.

(list of evil things that happen every X seconds goes here)

And so we wait.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Studenofhistory

Wow! so, not many have started much of anything yet? I have started the revolution following after the fashion of other successful revolutionaries like Jesus, Gandhi, our founding fathers, etc. Taking responsibility for one's own life is the only successful revolutions that have taken place throughout history. Sad to see that few have begun the journey and are looking to others outside themselves to begin their revolution.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

My problem is, Since these guys had the power to create 9-11, which I believe was a conspiracy that had been planned several upon several years in advance (since maybe 1997 or longer)... What the hell can we do to stop them?

A revolution could be exactly what the PTB wants.

Well hell son ...... who are we to stand in the way of what this "government" wants? :-)

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Taking responsibility for yourself is not part of starting a revolution. On the contrary, starting a revolution is part of taking responsibility for yourself.

Taking responsibility for ones own life necessitates taking responsibility for the environment one chooses and helps shape for himself.
So if you are not revolutionizing society, then you not completely taking responsibility for your own life, therefore you cannot claim to be using responsibility for your own life as a tool of revolution.

One cannot revolutionize society by revolutionizing only their own life in isolation from society. You must revolutionize the connections you make- sever some connections, such as your financial connections to damaging institutions who rely, in part, on you. Make other connections, such as with grassroots political movements. It is not the braincells, but the connections made between them, which make up the whole of a mind.

Simply stated- it is not you, but your actions, that are a part of society.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Your assessment is not entirely accurate. At least not in my own case. I would gladly do without the many conveniences "civilized" life affords (since they're probably going to be lost or taken anyway) if I thought it would make one iota of difference.

If someone decided to go "Rambo" and fight some sort of guerilla offensive, they'd either be easily rounded up and left to die in some prison or they'd be easily gunned down and villified in the MSM.

Even that scenario would be acceptable to some if they could be sure they were changing things for the better. Blowing up buildings (assuming one knew how or wanted to) doesn't do anything except further centralize power into the hands of the puppetmasters.

Going on killing sprees does not usually target the correct enemy. The real enemies are well insulated from the likes of most of us and are well guarded, well-connected, well hidden, and, well, not really identified. Targeting alphabet group agents is ultimately futile since they're just the puppets, not the puppetmasters.

Now, if you're not talking guerilla warfare, what sort of revolutionary acts can reasonably be expected to work? If one is dependent in every way on an evil system for their very survival, biting the hand that allows you to eat is not usually effective for changing the evil system.

If you have to get up and go to a job every day, buy groceries, pay your insurance premiums, live on the grid and contribute to the continuation of the evil system, exactly what part CAN be revolutionized?

To use an analogy: sometimes in surgery when a patient is opened up, the surgeon realizes that the cancer has spread so far that all that can reasonably be done is to sew them back up and tell them that they're going to die. America not only has a cancer, it has become a cancer to the rest of the world.

I LOVE our constitution and the ideals that this country was founded on and dearly wish the entire world shared such lofty ideals. But the rest of the world can not embrace an ideal that we have lost sight of ourselves.

This patient is dying. I'd like to say that if we all just "fight this thing" we can cheat death but there is a deadly disease permeating through the very heart, mind and soul of this body politic that will not be cured with our pitiful "treatments".

Sorry to be such a downer but I just don't see any fixing of these problems and no one yet has offered any solutions.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Have you even bothered looking into the revolutions of the men I spoke of? I never once said to isolate yourself from society and have hardly done so myself.

The fact remains, that no successful revolution has taken place apart from the individual taking responsibility for their plight in life first. Once one does that and can learn how to free themselves of the bonds on a subjective level, they CANNOT and WILL NOT help those around them in *their* community to free their individual selves.

There is not much I can do as a person to stop ppl from destroying the earth until first, I learn how to free myself from that destruction. I will never free myself from the destruction if I continue to wait for the collective bunch to do it first or even at the same time. My revolution starts now... w/in this minute; not when yours starts.... and that is the attitude that will make the difference.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
What would start it is if everyone completely ignored the powers that be. And I'm talking *COMPLETELY* ignore. They would fold like a house of cards. Now *that's* a peaceful revolution.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well you're going to have to stand in line behind us Commies lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
We need a REAL DIRECT DEMOCRACY in this country.. this REPUBLIC crap needs to go.. We need to look at the way ATHENS was run.. which was the BEST AND ONLY example of a democracy in our history.. this is what we need.,

But that would be tyranny then. Who would protect the minority who deserve rights too?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There are a lot more protests and revolutionary acts happening than most realize but how would you know about it if it is not on the news? =)

The revolutions is happening... it just going to be different because there is no one to spread the word except on the internet and even then you have to go looking for it. Then why would you look for information about a conspiracy if you don't even know there is one.

The revolution is happening. More people are informing themselves. That is proactively seeking out information and more people are arming themselves with information and guns. Not to mention there are lots of militias out there who are armed, organized, and ready. They have gotten smart and stopped being outspoken and started preparing. The hammer is getting cocked, the trigger will eventually be pulled.

I think most people know that there is some bad sh** about to happen, they just don't know what yet. Eventually the sh** piles up so high the smell becomes impossible to ignore.

If there is a revolution is will be on a community by community basis unless the strangle hold on the mass media is released because you won't be able to know what is happening in the other cities with out being there.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It would seem we all know what is going on, but it takes to much time to talk about it.Stay the same and do nothing about it, you will stay the same.Hang your hats on words or some guy in the house, will not change you.
Lemmings.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
What would start it is if everyone completely ignored the powers that be. And I'm talking *COMPLETELY* ignore. They would fold like a house of cards. Now *that's* a peaceful revolution.

How does that work, exactly? You ignore your job and don't show up? You ignore the cashier who asks you to pay for that slushie and just walk out the door? You ignore the flashing red lights behind your speeding vehicle and just drive on home? You simply ignore the fact that you're in jail and squeeze through the bars to head back to your barcalounger?

How does one "ignore" the fundamental workings of society and still function effectively within it? If anarchy is the type of revolution you desire, you'll find that there are plenty of foreign troops on american soil that would have no problem taking up arms against you.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Good lord,
You think public servants (because that is what they are) and stores are the "powers that be"?

I've got a hint: think bigger, as in where does 1/3 of your money go?
If I say any more I'll end up being a target on some idiots list.

And may I also add, you strike me as the type that has absolutely no personal experience with the American Military, who is sworn to uphold the constitution, and because you have not even mentioned that, I believe you are just ignorant, therefore, I am denying *YOU*.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by ATS4dummies]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe everyone is waiting for someone to start the revolution that will not succeed because no one wants it to.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Conscientiousness now that's a big word.
Why does everyone want everything?Do you have everything you want?Do you think you can live without your stuff?What would be the cost to take it from you?What would you pay to have it?Hmmmm.
What a joke what do really need.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATS4dummies
reply to post by whitewave

Good lord,
You think public servants (because that is what they are) and stores are the "powers that be"?

No, silly. I don't think public servants and cashiers are TPTB. I do think they follow a program designed by TPTB and are just as much rats stuck in the trap as the rest of us.

I've got a hint: think bigger, as in where does 1/3 of your money go? If I say any more I'll end up being a target on some idiots list.

Yes, I've heard of the IRS and was a little grieved to find that they'd taken enough money out of last years paychecks to entirely support a small family.

And may I also add, you strike me as the type that has absolutely no personal experience with the American Military, who is sworn to uphold the constitution,

Well I guess in your books that being married to a Navy man doesn't count. And as far as swearing an oath.....how many of those same American military swore to be faithful to their spouses? How many swore "til death do we part"? Swearing an oath and keeping it are 2 different things. Didn't Bush swear an oath to defend the constitution?

and becuse you have not even mentioned that, I believe you are just ignorant, therefore, I am denying *YOU*.

Oh no! I'm crushed! Say it isn't so! Some anonymous dissenter on the internet who obviously didn't even read my post or understand it is denying me! *snip*

[edit on 22-11-2008 by whitewave]

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 24/11/08 by Jbird]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
there are way to many people that are well off with a lot of money and great lives who want no disruption and do not want revolution or war or anything and become complacent and or dont know wtf is really going on or dont care, thats the real reason there will be no revolution and it wont be televised either, think about the children, its prbly .0001% of the populace who would really wanna do anything about the conditions we live in tomorrow, though everyone knows it would be justified.. what about the movie stars, lawyers, high profile athletes, ceos, tech employees, smal biz owners, and everyone else who live great lives and dont dwell on this type of stuff on message boards, they dont care where their money comes from or who prints it or even how much % they give up to live here as long as they got some.
uncle sam's advocate

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The Giant is sleeping. When he gets hungry enough, he will awaken.

People in the US are very soft, because they have had it very soft. They continue to have it very soft, and until a very large number of them experience otherwise it is nothing but tough talk.

The thin veneer of civilization is exactly three meals thick. Peel that away and you have nothing more than animals roving the streets. Everyone thinks that modern man is enlightened, and above such behaviours. They think this because they have never been truly hungry.

Food = peace. It is as simple as that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join