It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities between the Titanic and the last days of America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Most of us have seen the movie the Titanic. And I can't help but wonder if the movie is unintentionally foreshadowing what's in store for America. I'll just make a list and keep things simple of how there could be similarities between the End of the Titanic and the End of America.

1. Right after the Titanic hit the Iceberg, most of the passengers had little concern and went about there ways thinking everything was okay. Slowly as word started to circulate across the ship, more and more people got the word that the ship was in trouble. These people that got the first info of course were the wealthy elite.

Same goes for America. They know the ship is going down, but the last thing you want to do is let the lower class citizens know the truth until it's too late... Why cause the panic? In fact, The wealthy elites still need the Lower class citizens to perform simple tasks and duties for them before everybody knows the truth. (This iceberg would represent today's financial crisis... TPTB know the monetary system is about to fail, and they are getting every last penny out of America that they can before it goes under).

2. Slowly but surely more and more people realize that the Titanic is going under. Yet many passengers fail to realize the severity of the situation. Maybe they think there are enough lifeboats, or a nearby ship will help them out, Or they are still in denial that the Titanic could even sink. I think you get the picture: Same goes for America. This is where we are today... right now... November 21, 2008. Many people in America on know that this country is going under, and we are frantically warning others to get their life jackets on.

3. Now it becomes obvious that the Titanic is sinking and time is running out... So what happens? The lower class people are Quarantined in lower levels of the ship, while the rich people safely get on the lifeboats. Could this be the case for America? Quarantine.
We've seen it happen in New Orleans. those poor folks were not allowed to leave the city on foot.

4. As the situation gets worse on the Titanic... We see on character (Cal) try to reserve a spot on a lifeboat by paying in cash$. Moments later we see the same guy he paid say : "Your money can't save you now!" and he throws it back at him as if it's worthless. Many people in America feel a sense of security that their money will save them if the SHTF. Little do they know that even gold, silver, and diamonds will become worthless as the country is in flames.

5. All Hell breaks loose. People ashamed at what they've become will kill themselves, others will be fighting, but the ones that are patient will be playing music knowing that there is nothing they can do but enjoy the last moments they have left on the ship.

6. The Titanic is going under, and everyone is holding on for dear life... So what's the big event that happens on the ship? The Lights go Out!!! When America gets closer to its final destination, we will see massive power outages across the country.... No TV, No Computer, No Heat, No Cell Phone, No Light.

7. After America is down and out... you might find one survivor. Same goes for the movie Titanic.

it Maybe a stupid thread, but I'll just remind people of one last thing.

8. Titanic was once called "Unsinkable" .... nobody ever suspected that it would be at the bottom of the ocean. Could the same be true for America?

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Most of us have seen the movie the Titanic. And I can't help but wonder if the movie is unintentionally foreshadowing what's in store for America. I'll just make a list and keep things simple of how there could be similarities between the End of the Titanic and the End of America.

You missed one: like America, most of the grunt work and heavy lifting in making the Titanic was done by the Irish.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

aint it the truth hehe

this is not the one line post you are looking for
-waves hand-

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This was poorly written... and I didn't have much time to edit it, or think about all the similarities I saw wih the movie Titanic and what could become the downfall of America.

I wish someone ele could revise this.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Wow...I never saw it before, and I know there is no chance it is a conspiracy (I know, you said unintentional) but still a cool post. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There are a lot of parelells that you bring up, but I don't think the movie was trying to forshadow anything, since the events of the movie not related to the fictional love story happened followed the historical events pretty well.

Keep in mind that the ship sank in about 3 hours, and in the middle of the night when most of the crew and passengers were sleeping; even if everyone was fully alert and there had been full lifeboat capacity, there would probably still have been a lot of loss of life. Most of the passengers never had the chance to see the ship sinking and deny that it could happen.

But for something really creepy, check out a book called "The Wreck of the Titan" It was written about 20 years before the Titanic sank, and foretold the story almost exactly.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You made a great point there. I think you are just about right on that.
Like we say Tennessee; "You hit the nail right on the head" with that statement". America is falling apart and there are many people that just even realize how bad this is and how much worse things will probably get!!
I hope that our new President is able to do make some much needed changes and bring America back to it's feet.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
you could say this about alot of movies about war/disaster/horror flicks/ect...

alot of people die, but there are a few that live...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm going to rewrite this in a new thread sometime this week...

Because yesterday, I relized that the Iceberg America hit is going to sink our ship.

Not everybody can see it yet... But I can.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wasn't around when this was first posted but I'm glad it was bumbed. The similarities are uncanny.

So many people see America as the "ship that cannot be sunk" yet here we are plunging down. Most still refuse to see it just like the movie and when the time comes, it will be too late and all the factoids will come in to play.

It is an interesting bit of human psychology to say the least. People never want to be the ones to give up their perfect lifestyles and their "never go bad" attitudes. Sad really.

new topics

top topics

join