It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit WILL be Bailed Out!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I have loved the legacy that General Motors has made for over 100 years. The problem is that they neveer looked to the next 100. They rested on their past. How can we forget the cars that will live forever in or minds brought to you by general Motors. As I have stated, I love the General. But it's time to be put ot of it's misery. Its been noneffective in the newer market and the new age of cars. The best game in town was taken over by bean counters who lined thier own coffers instead of taking care of the legac that could have paved the way for another 100 years.

Thanks for the memories General Motors! Thanks for the 69 Cameros, the 72 Chevelles the 59 Cadis, the Pontiac Catlinas, the Impalas and all the wonderous peices of metal that lodged in our hearts. It's time to bow out graciously.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Check the latest. This just adds more insult to everything they've done up to now.

DETROIT - General Motors Corp will return two of its leased corporate jets amid intense criticism in Washington this week on the luxury travel arrangements of its chief executive even as the company pleads for federal aid.

CEO Rick Wagoner was in the capital to testify on the company’s dire financial situation but his testimony was overshadowed by irate lawmakers who blasted him for flying on a private jet to ask for public funds and failing to make personal sacrifices in exchange for federal assistance.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

To me it just shows that these guys are either unwilling or clueless or both as to HOW to trim the budget, much less how to turn around their companies. It was only after a serious PR lambasting that this move was made to surrender two jets and I'm betting the GM CEO is cursing under his breath as he hands over the paperwork to give them up.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wagoner is a heck of a face man. But he is not the big wheel. If you watched the hearings he genuinly didn't have a clue what they were talking about. He didn't know how to answer them. His writers obviosly didn't write responses for those questions

They only turned in two jets? How many you think they have in their fleet?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join