It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Display problems? Am I an idiot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hello, I am stumped. Something weird has happened to the way ATS is displayed for me. I can no longer see many buttons, avatars and other graphics when I view ATS pages. I had to hover my cursor over the Post New Topic link until the little pointer appeared before I could post this, for example. I checked my MemCenter and can't seem to find a way to resolve this. Am I missing something? Thanks for your time.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
couple of things here, did you purchase low bandwidth mode from the ATS Store?

if not, I find this works for me when something like this comes up, dump your internet cash then un plug your computer from it's modem or router for about 15 seconds or longer. plug it back in and see if it worked. This is just an idea that works for me hope it helps

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thank you for replying.

Originally posted by Sauron
couple of things here, did you purchase low bandwidth mode from the ATS Store?

No, I haven't.

if not, I find this works for me when something like this comes up, dump your internet cash then un plug your computer from it's modem or router for about 15 seconds or longer. plug it back in and see if it worked. This is just an idea that works for me hope it helps

I was thinking along those lines too, and I have tried that. Thank you, though. Still the same. A lot of stuff doesn't appear...not seeing the stars people attach to posts is another example.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Nox Vulpes]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What browser are you using?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

Ahh...I thought it was probably something like that! Been using Firefox so long that I forgot about Explorer...which I fired up, and it seems to display stuff correctly. Anyone else have this problem with Firefox? Do I need a plugin or something?

Thanks for the help, anachryon and sauron.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Nox Vulpes]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox Vulpes
Ahh...I thought it was probably something like that! Been using Firefox so long that I forgot about Explorer...which I fired up, and it seems to display stuff correctly. Anyone else have this problem with Firefox? Do I need a plugin or something?

Thanks for the help, anachryon.

Let me guess....you have Adblock installed on Firefox, don't you?
If so, you've probably inadvertently blocked images from ATS. Let me know if you need help checking/fixing that.

I use Firefox and have no problems with ATS. You've got something wonky with your FF - screwy cache, Adblock shenanigans, something like that.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I seem to have lost my preview post button lately, done all th clearing cache an stuff but no difference, it only started in the last few days, this is on IE, i'll try it on google chrome see if its any different.

on a side note I've never tried fire fox, is it any good as a browser seems to be a lot on here use it.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I may be mistaken, but I think the preview button has been temporarily removed.

I like Firefox's "tab" function mostly...and ya, I am using Adblock apparently. I haven't solved my issue yet, but I'll fiddle with the settings. I'm getting a new comp soon too, so I may just wait

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I only use FF and my preview button is gone also. If they decided to remove the preview button(even temporarily) that is a very bad idea!

To any mod or admin, can we please have the preview button back? It really sucks not being able to preview long posts for errors. It's more time consuming having to edit, check, edit again and check again.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nox Vulpes

I use Firefox exclusively without problems.
I am doubting this is your problem, but I was surprised initially when I clicked on a thread that was "Below Top Secret", because I had to Log In all over again in order to see all the avatars and such in that section of ATS.
I have to say that while I love Firefox, every time it gets updated - which is really often any more, it seems like more and more stuff on web-pages gets blocked, and I have to do more and more manually to unblock things I want to see. Some of this has to do with NoScript tho, which also keeps getting more and more restrictive.
But I guess that is the price of safe computing.
Hmm, I note there is no Preview button here. I think I saw something recently about it being disabled for some sort of repair issue or something.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoswatchinwho
on a side note I've never tried fire fox, is it any good as a browser seems to be a lot on here use it.

You mean there are OTHER browsers?

IE is a virus

[edit on 22-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm on a Mac, and I had to use Firefox as opposed to Safari for those exact reasons. You can't see tool boxes with Safari. I have my own forum and I couldn't use half of the tools and graphics until I downloaded Firefox. I like it better anyway.
And I concur on the preview button. I use it to make sure I load pictures correctly and all the editing i can find. Hopefully they will bring it back. (oh and get better smileys...
)

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox Vulpes
I had to hover my cursor over the Post New Topic link until the little pointer appeared before I could post this, for example. I checked my MemCenter and can't seem to find a way to resolve this. Am I missing something? Thanks for your time.

Check the same site using a different browser such as Internet explorer, Opera, Chrome etc.

If the problem persists throughout each browser it is most likely some type of filter or blocker.

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I think you're right. Upgrading my entire system in a few days, so hopefully all will be back to normal. My computer has been doing a lot of weird stuff, it's old and I need to let it die.

Thanks for the help, everyone - much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Not to promote Firefox or anything, but TBH it's far better than IE. I have only been using it for a few months and I have had absolutely no problems. Lightning speed also.

I just don't get how people still use IE

top topics

join