It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Snub Fest: World Leaders Refuse to Shake Bush's Hand During G20 Photo-Op

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

The classic saying that two wrongs don't make a right, and the inexplicable fact that idiots seem to just breed more idiots.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

personally i'm surprised no-one's punched him yet.

his dad is george bush sr... the FORMER HEAD OF THE C.I.A. in addition to the secret service he's got the spooks looking after him.

It would be pointless and futile to even try. he is probably the 2nd most secure man in the world. (the first being of course Obama)

[edit on 22-11-2008 by fnord]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Personally, I dont believe this whole snub has been debunked.....

Just because CNN says it isnt so....!!

If the debunk is true(they had shaken hands earlier...), what explanation can be given for no eye contact either...??

Believe what you want..dubbya is irellevant in world politics...for 8 years the worlds leaders had no choice but to be pals with him...not any more..and a public showing of this sentiment is applauded by me...

Remember the "your either with us or against us.."speech??

Seems theyve all finally decided....

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You know what would be hilarious? if CNN was right.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
CNN made both videos. The initial, and the one debunking it.

So you'll believe CNN when they say that he was snubbed, but you won't believe them when they dig deeper and realize that he wasn't?

Come on.

Some people are just so desperate to see misfortune happen to their enemies that they'll imagine it every time they look. Just because it should be so, and any decent person probably *would* shun the creature, doesn't mean that they actually did.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Who did the snubbing?
Looked to me like Bush was the one who refused to extend his hand, maybe he knew ahead of time that he would be snubbed so he made the first move but just based on that little snippet it looked like he did the snubbing.

No. Watch it again. He looks directly at 2 or 3 of those guys and they just stare at him for a second and look the other way. Kinda sad but he brought this upon himself.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
What a load of mule muffins.

The president simply walked to his spot on the stage without engaging anyone else.

That's his prerogative. He is after all the most powerful man in the world, even as a lame duck president. Without any other information about this meeting or what transpired prior to or after this video, the viewer can draw no conclusions.

What is most important in this matter is not the chumming around that goes on at the photo-op, but what went on in the meeting and I can assure you that the president of the most prosperous nation on earth would have the attention of the world's leaders.

What the reporter fails to note is where Bush's place is on the stage--dead center, front row.

The reporter is guilty of the worst case of projection I've ever seen and he's a biased numb-skull to boot.

[edit on 2008/11/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by mind is the universe

We know that we've had a crappy President.
. Yet we still stand by him because we don't want to appease to Europeans who hate us for their anti-American sentiments

The emboldened bit doesn't even make sense.

Besides, if there is any hatred it's because of America's 'anti-anything that isn't America' sentiments.

or the terrorists that want us to die for our foreign policy.

Your "foreign policy"? Ah, you mean the terrorist maker?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I also find it odd that doctors will do this also which is usually a lame limp handshake like a female might do.

I personally can't stand 'firm' handshakes. I hate the "lame" machismo that lies behind so many handshakes. 'Yes, you can feel how much of a man I am by how strong and assured my handshake is. Go on, just feel the potential for strength and power in my hand.' Which is possibly the "lamest" and saddest thing a person can use as an opening gambit when they meet someone.

I mean, why not whip their top off, parade around me flexing their 'guns' and then start doing press-ups to give me some indication of some Neanderthal pecking order? Why not just present me with a business card that has how much you can bench press and how you much you earn printed and embossed under your name. Go on, really impress me, you sad man!

Perhaps so many men like to develop a firm handshake because they're so emotionally inept and insecure they can't really hug a man or connect with them physically in any other way other than 'firmest handshake. After three. Go!'

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The best way to give a handshake is to give exactly what you get, you'll be seen as an equal and not an underling or over alpha male.

If you have commited to giving dead fish to people and are aware of the reaction, put up with it.

Your hand should be neither open palm, ( a sign of submission ) or palm down, ( a sign of superiority ), vertical is best, equal.

This, I am afraid, is how the handshake thing works, and has since the Romans invented it. You will see much worse in humans if you open your eyes and look and then see, most look, but see nothing, males especially.

Read a book on human body language, or google for snippets.

Oh yeah, SHAME on CNN for making you all run around like chooks with your heads cut off.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Haha, this post made me laugh - so true. As a male, I've always thought the firm handshake as an indication of virility stuff to be ridiculous. I'm of fairly small stature, and I don't know how many times I've had my hand squished by some dude trying to project power. Silliness.

On topic, I don't know all the details, but that video of Bush made me a little sad. Funny how time heals, eh? I found myself empathizing with W.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
America should worry only about America at this point. Who cares if countries don't like us? We're on the brink of a depression here...Honestly I'm happy they all made Bush feel like an outcast- thats what he is.

Lets not forget the man made the country bankrupt essentially and deicded to secretly destroy every right we carry. I wish they all would have ganged up on him instead but this will do for now. History books won't show that this happened but frankly, it deserves to be in one.

He has officially become a disgrace to the country, to the position of president, and to the world. He will go down in history as the worst president ever. I can only hope they throw him in jail after obama gets in.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
What is most important in this matter is not the chumming around that goes on at the photo-op, but what went on in the meeting and I can assure you that the president of the most prosperous nation on earth would have the attention of the world's leaders.

Ill agree that meeting content was more important.

But more alarming to me, is a thread where post after post has realized that it was spin by CNN and even CNN fessed up. To see follow up post after post just running at the mouth....you can truly say the following:

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
What a load of mule muffins.

This thread is an alarming trend that were seeing at ATS. Rather then reaching the truth and calling it good people would rather spin it just to have something to spin on.

Its moments like this, that give me pause to consider looking for another forum. Im thankful to those members who present issues as they are, even when they find that the truth may not have agreed with their own opinion. That is truly denying ignorance within ones own self, and hopefully we also do so as a body of members.

Peace

[edit on 23-11-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Either way, he's been snubbed. I mean I'm baffled why people are surprised he "was" snubbed in this CNN clip.

The whole of Ireland snubbed him in 2006, When still a vast majority of American's still trusted and bowed to him at the time. It's no big secret or shock that he was snubbed again? or is to some American's?

If he came to Ireland again. I sure I won't "just" snub him. I'd make sure he won't leave forgetting a single word I'd say to him if I were to meet him. So you needn't worry about people just snubbing him. The world has snubbed him long before, alot of American's realised what was happening outside of America, aswell as within America.ffs

The world knew he was an evil cowboy back in 2000....

He deserves NO respect on this planet whatsoever. His father obviously doesn't know much about respect either, how to raise his kids. He raised his offspring to inherit the wealth and continue the unacceptable behaviour of greed and genocide. His family actually deserves to be killed, to stop the infection spreading

It goes alot for me to say that, as I'm against the death penalty. But it's a disease that his family have and gone beyond repairable.

They are not human. They don't have the abilty to be human. As they don't value other human lives. They don't appreciate what life is about.

Everyone human on this planet, is responsible for making your existence. Every human represent's you. Every single human affects you whether your aware of it or not. Every thought of another human, afects you reality. Every human is a part of you. Every human has a soul like you. Every human has a path just like you..

The Bush family are not human, as they don't represent what it is to be human. That's the reality.
They willl be tried, and they will be guilty of all crimes. The day is coming.
Life and karma is a cycle. What goes around comes around.

But right now, ourselves, we must learn from this. We must learn to use our awareness and learn to trust our on instincts. We must learn to take responsibilty for what we do. We must take our power back and not let it slip out of our own hands again.

We must let out power slip so much that, where global situation arisen, where one man overall, ravages humanities powers onto humanity itself. We are not children for the one man. There is no parent in this world. There is no leader in this world. We are here to lead ourselves and each other
As one is all, and all is one.

The whole world should learn from this. We Must not let this behaviour happen ever again. We didn't learn from history, and that is what history is there for, for us to learn from our past and who was there before us.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

It looks more like he's not offering it, to be honest.

Maybe he doesn't want to, maybe he knows they don't want to. Who knows.

That said, if he offered his hand to me, I'd refuse it. The guy's done more harm to this country in eight years than any other president I can think of, or any external threat ever could.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

No...he was not snubbed.

The OP used information that was inaccurate and has been proven by both CNN and members to be so.

Its one thing to snubb Bush yourself, versus interpreting a snubb of Bush which happened not to be the case.

No, he was not snubbed. Read back, and you will see that CNN was in error.

Denying ignorance on ATS is our strength, and some of you need to take a lesson in seeing the truth when you see it even when it does not agree with your opinion.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fnord

How exactly is Obama the most secure man in the world? Actually thats an off topic question, in relation to George W. what sort of organizations does Obama have backing him, and I don't mean the secret service.?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I'm happy to see that the respect of a man that is supposed to be leading the greatest country in the world is not snubbed. Thank you for the posting of the video as you can see by my first post I didn't agree but I didn't disagree with the video. Although this wasn't a snub he still looks like a kid waiting for school pictures or something, like he could be any other place in the world and it would be better, as he walks and kicks at the ground, he looks like the classic child that can't sit still his body movements are spot on to a child with ADD, we all have a touch but lets walk a bit more professionally next time Mr. Bush; no matter how many photos you have to take.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

"I think you guys could have at least showed him respect... not for who he is... but for what he represents. When you don't shake hands with the President of the USA you're not shaking hands with just the President of the USA you're refusing to open arms to our country. I just think that this action by your leaders over there sends the wrong message to the people here."

What sort of message do you think your country has been sending out to the rest of the world then??

Why should our leaders respect America?

She proclaims herself to be the defender of the free world, but her interests are far from that. She is arrogant and self-interested only. Careless and greedy financial practice such as the sub-prime mortgages scandal, tied in with the US Dollar's continued rape of the world's economies for many decades, was totally irresponsible and was a disaster waiting to happen.

I personally think it's high time your country started showing some respect to the rest of the world, firstly by apologising for the economic disaster that started on your doorstep, and secondly by learning to not just selectively listen, but to listen and take on board what other nations have to say.

Ever heard of the expression 'eating humble pie'? I dont expect so.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join