It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Snub Fest: World Leaders Refuse to Shake Bush's Hand During G20 Photo-Op

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

I understand your resentment toward Bush but I think it was necessary that we responded to these terrorists even though I disagree with many of his policies. What do you think would have happened if we just let them badmouth us on the world stage? Would you rather have us appease to the terrorists?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Maybe you think they're illegal wars, but, they aren't wars at all technically. They're "military actions". We haven't had a real war since WWII.

The most stupid quote of the year award for sure.

It's a bit like, "Oh I walked down the street and stabbed a man, but heck at least I didn't kill him, so It's not that wrong is it?" So it's all good.

Yet after a long break from here, I come back to ATS, and I'm just sitting here thinking, I just cannot believe the stupidty I'm witnessing again on here by other human being's. It's just unbelievable. My head hurts right now, for those who are clueless.

I thought people are supposed to learn and grow? Have we not learned simple morals on behaviour? After such turmoil over the last 8 years, after so much shock and unstability we've come into force with. After so much lies and deception.
Why is it that some Adult's don't understand what it is to be an adult, and what it is we are responsible for being.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

WHAT TERRORISTS?!!

How do you even DEFINE THAT WORD? A terrorist can be loosely identified as anyone who seeks to bring harm to your agenda...

That would identify ANYONE who speaks out against American Hegemony as a terrorist! ABSURD...

Diplomacy is the key. With good diplomacy and good relations you WON'T HAVE terrorists.

How about the United States' actions in the middle east? Do you think THEY view US as terrorists?! You bet your ass they do. But they probably have even MORE colorful language for us. Infidels.

link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

I understand your resentment toward Bush but I think it was necessary that we responded to these terrorists even though I disagree with many of his policies. What do you think would have happened if we just let them badmouth us on the world stage? Would you rather have us appease to the terrorists?

Terrorist's? I don't watch fox news.

Who is bad mouthing exactly?

link   
EDIT: meh....how many people can shout at someone at once,

[edit on 21/11/08 by pieman]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Terrorists? So you don't believe Al-quaeda is a threat?

So you don't believe in a war on terror?

You believe 9-11 was caused by our Government to take control of the world?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sure Al-Qeada is a threat. But WHY?!!! That is the 1,000,000 dollar question. Do YOU sir, truly believe that they attack us because we allow women to work and vote? Or could it be that we have been waging a resources war in their region for decades and they are sick of it?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Terrorists are people who use military action to disrupt other Government's policies. By that you could say that Bush is a terrorist and that Al-quaeda is a terrorist organization... I am talking about the Al-quaeda terrorists.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

No, I don't believe that.

What made you think that?

I know they hate our very existence because we support Israel. It may be because of the reason you suggested, but, we haven't really caused that much trouble in that region before 9-11 have we? I thought we mostly have been supporting peace initiatives there. It seems to me like they want us out of there so they can rule over the middle east.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Frankidealist35]

link   

Yes, and you could say the same about any military force on the planet.

So why don't we drop the misnomer term "terrorists" and use the actual term... Military force.

However, I would add that even THAT is only a simplified version of the term. In reality, it doesn't require a military force at all. You could be labelled a terrorist for economic reasons, for instance.
The terrorist term is something that politicians conjure up to TERRIfy people like you.
Who are the terrorist?
When we quibble over bad policy using bad terms in our discourse, we never get to the reality of the situation...
The reality here is that this man deserved nothing more than being snubbed on a world stage. Like I said, I would have enjoyed seeing someone kick him in the groin.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

link   

Originally posted by foremanator
I must say that I am by no means a "bush fan".
But honestly what I just seen was sad. The man still represents America. They should have sucked it up and shook his hand. At the very least show him the respect that he did not show them.

Ever see that flick "Fallen" with Denzel? Maybe the G20 leaders know Bush is demon possessed and don't want what he has to offer. Look out............... it's contagious!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I want to see the video when he's lying on a prison bed getting a CHUB-fest from fellow inmates!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

But government policies uses millitary stikes in killing too, what are you trying to say terrorists are bad and the governement not?

Listen to yourself man....

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I personally hate having to shake someones hand. I also find it odd that doctors will do this also which is usually a lame limp handshake like a female might do.

According to Obama when he met Bush at some White House dinner or whatever, he said Bush used a hand sanitizer right after they shook hands and than offerred him some as if to not insult him.

Some middle eastern people are really particular about which hands people use to eat with etc. I think they should do away with this stupid pretentious photo-op act anyway. It's a dumb custom.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

just to be clear, bin ladens stated aim is to get US forces out of saudi aribia. where are you getting isreal?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Okay then... but I remain with my view that the military force of Al-quaeda is not just dedicated to fighting our country but to also fighting the other countries of which they disagree with. They don't hate us for our freedoms. They just hate us because they are really cynical and they hate the free world (The west and Europe) because apparently we disagree with their ideology and we don't worship Allah. They want to convert us and destroy us. I would think it would be stupid to say that they're fighting against us because of our aggression in their region. I think they would have done this anyways.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I can't believe the MODS have not picked up on this yet...well anyway I already posted this yesterday see here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No one uses the search bar here anymore it seems.

[edit on 11/21/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MetatronCubensis

Accepting donations from corporations during the campaign season does not equate to giving into them. At least that's what I believe.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Well, I cannot really speculate at the personal motives of any man, woman or child. But if I could I would venture to guess that their motives have NOTHING to do with being "free" (hahahaha, as if the people in this country are actually free to do anything) and EVERYTHING to do with the fact that we exploit their misfortune in order to get cheap oil.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not a hoax...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join