It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC has taken the place of Fox News.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
MSNBC is now what fox was 8 years ago. All people who complained about a bias in the media shouldn't be complaining anymore. MSNBC is taking Fox's place with propagandizing things. MSNBC doesn't report false news like Fox News did but I'm just thinking that MSNBC is showing a strong Democratic bias, which is understandable, I like the Democratic party myself, but it seems to be more partisan than any other news network. It's as if MSNBC has taken Fox's place. Does anyone else feel the same way?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I noticed it too, especially that guy Keith Olbermann is always talking crap.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I agree with you on being partial to both MSNBC, and the Democratic Party... BUT... One of the of the main things that i hated about False News was the way they seem to be doing the dirty work for high paying contributors! It has not escaped my attention that Keith, Chris, and Rachel have been doing the same thing for a while. I do love Countdown and the Rachel Maddow show more than any other news that is on air, but i just cant shake the fact that i would rather hear them air out all of these special interest groups dirty laundry instead of pandering for the Democrips... And yes i said it! If it hasn't escaped your attention the fact remains that they are all still just "Politicians"! Nes pa?

I think that Keith, Rachel, and Chris respectively are far too intelligent to continue with the Bush and Palin bashing! Don't you agree? I want them to take the leadership role and show those CNN fags what real investigative reporting looks like!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I remember back in the Clinton years, huddling around the internet campfire, sharing rants about Vince Foster and 'Filegate', we referred to CNN as 'Clinton News Network'.

Everything old is new again.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Every media outlet owned by Murdock is crap. Always will be the yellow journalism. Now we have Microsoft News Product Version 2.0 (SP3, RC2) doing a blue screen.

Corporations have got no legitimate reason being in the 'news' business. Period.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
MSNBC hasn't replaced Fox News. It has supplanted it as the most ridiculously biased news network on TV though.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I remember that they used to call CNN the Clinton News Network, or the Communist News Network. And then there is this classic clip:

Then of course we had Fox, and now MSNBC. But I will give MSNBC props for a couple of things, though. The only Dem I can think of on Faux News is Alan Colmes, and he is the definition of "spineless Democrat," especially when sitting next to Bully Boy Hannity. At least MSNBC has on Scarborough, and contributors like Pat Buchanan and Tucker Carlson. And Chris Matthews- he may be leaning a little left now (and after Bush, who isn't?) but I think he was pretty critical of the Clintons back in the day.

And MSNBC doesn't just have their hosts making up facts and not having them apologize when they get stuff wrong. Nor do they have hosts professing family values while flashing scantily clad women on the screen. Here is a video from Brave New Films called "Fox News Attacks Decency, with Bill O'Reilly Leading the Way"-

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
CNN used to be called the Communist News Network because it was so far left in it's bias that it could no longer be called news. It seems to have straightened out in the past few years. They actually had the best election coverage.

MSNBC is now the Obama channel. Olberman and Chris Matthews and the rest of the leg-tingle gang are NOT news journalists - they are propaganda machines. When Matthews said it was his job to help the Obama presidency - that was the icing on the cake.

The American people deserve a NEWS channel. Not a propaganda network. We deserve to know what is going on and we deserve to have it told without agenda or bias. Unfortunately, that isn't happening anymore.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No, they are not journalists- really few of them are. Most of them are pundits, and they give their opinions. Journalists are just supposed to ask tough questions without bias and report the answers without bias.

This is why I get my real news from places like Democracy Now and the little I have seen on CounterPunch. And, no joke, The Daily Show and Colbert.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Anyone that paid attention during the elections and actually watched all three of these news stations would be able to tell you this:

Fox: totally biased towards McCain
MSNBC: totally biased towards Obama
CNN: totally biased towards both

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
That's actually one of the reasons why they took Olberman and Chris Matthews off the lead election coverage. Olberman especially became more and more biased as the campaign wore on. That turned off viewers, who went elsewhere for their election coverage. So they brought in David Gregory in an attempt to salvage their ratings.

It was either that night or the night after when Olberman went on his 10 minute tirade, lashing out at McCain and the Republicans in general - which led me to believe that the McCain campaign or the Republican Party leadership put pressure on MSNBC.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

I thought they were not allowed to do election coverage because they got into an on-air spat during the Primaries?

Lucid, that makes sense now that you put it like that. Of the Big 3 cable outlets you have one for the left, one for right, and one for the moderates. I don't watch much CNN, but I loves me some Jack Cafferty. He's my favorite old curmudgeon!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
thats the one I saw. It was disgusting, Poor republicans caught a lashing indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Both Olbermann and O'Reilly are trolls, I just like Olbermann cause he trolls for my side

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
Fox: totally biased towards McCain
MSNBC: totally biased towards Obama
CNN: totally biased towards both

I agree. I watched all three (and more) and the bias is clear. On CNN, depending on the person who headed the show, I could see biases toward the right and the left.

I watch a lot of different channels to get a well-rounded view. LINK TV is the only channel that I would say doesn't show a bias, but it's International, so not entirely about the US at all.

I watch MSNBC for entertainment and to get my preferences "stroked".
Strangely, most people who watch FOX aren't able to admit the same. They think it's fair and balanced.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to find an unbiased news source. We're left on our own to watch both sides and determine the truth for ourselves. The Internet and newspapers do the best job, but even then, there are clear slants.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

My feelings exactly
And at least he reports on good news stories unlike bill o'rielly

GetOutOfMyRabbitHole: loved that last video you posted

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The closest thing to an unbiased journalist America had went out the door when Tim Russert passed away.

He asked the tough questions to both parties, and he wasn't intimidated either.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I just find it interesting. Over the last 8 years I vented against the media and now I don't mind it taking one side as long as they are telling the truth. What I like about the liberal media is that they make it clear that they are taking sides, but, I also take back what I said about them taking the place of fox news. Fox News reported false news. These other news stations are reporting the news as it happens. I like the change.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Frankidealist35]

top topics

join