It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best pistol caliber??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
.45 always (i prefer sigsauer P220)
if only one other,
11 shot revolver

Otherwise, .357 is a nice sidearm

[edit on 16-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

[edit on 16-3-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Hmm true but I see often it will not come out the other sde of the vest, it will often go through the front and lose enough velocity to be stopped by the back side. If you mean unarmoured opponent then I agree with you but more and more criminals are using vests so we have had to switch calibre.
Haha I know it is heavy thats why I like it
just for fun

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone has posted this yet, and it is my experience personally, but once i got used to the 38 super colt i have not found one i like better for performance ,range, accuracy, and penetration.
If loaded up to 1300fps they become a very effective projectile.

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
7.62x25 from a cz52 pistol is all you need to get the job done at 1500fps. plus you can still buy steel core for them

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I picked up a H&K USP Compact .40 S&W in "96", "LOVE" the gun, added night sights, its my everyday carry,, Ive wore out one guide rod, replaced it with a titanium rode and one firing pin, Ive put around 80,000 rds through it.
But, parts are hard to come buy, and spendy, Ill be looking for a 1911 modle, just not sure what brand right now, SpringField Armory makes some great models in the price range unless I get a used deal some where, missed a Kimber Combat for $800, I like the idea of a Body Armor Vest gun in a Sherpa with a .45 in the sideleg.
Hate the idea of carrying more then three types of ammo when Im Locked Loaded

One thing I would like to remind people, it doesnt have to be a $6-7-8-900.00 dollar gun, Ive shot $150 compact .45 POS with the match of a spendy gun, the diffrence was the comfort, shoot whats comfortable.

There are some guys holding weekend Pistol Classes where you keep the gun at the end of the class, good guns too, Glocks, XD's, you get a weekend of some class room time and range time and a gun at the end of the class. Look quick though, some guiys are not doing this anymore cause there have been a few cases where guys got the gun in hand, got on the range and put the gun in their mouth, leaving suicide notes in their cars, .

Let me know if your in the Ohio are, theres a good schoolin your area I can refer you to.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The best caliber is the caliber that provides you the best opportunity to get 2 in the chest and 1 in the head at 15 to 20 feet. The caliber is a non-factor if you can ace these shots in succession. Women, a 38 might provide them the best opportunity to get these 3, critical shots off while a 9 might be the best for a man. Most police forces have gone 2 the 40 for the best stopping power with the least amount of recoil.

In the day, police forces would use 357's so they could use either the 38 for accuracy and 357 for sheer brute force.

I'm a marksman and my gun I chose as a concealed weapon is my little Bersa Storm 380. I can also plug 2 shots in the head at about 30 meters using a 9 while a might get 1 head shot in at 20 feet using a 45.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join