It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone else calm in face of uncertainty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm not so dumb as to believe every crackpot doomsday theory which comes down the pike. But, like many people, i've studied nwo, the camps, and keep current tabs on all that's going on.
Though, I have to say, I've been pretty calm concerning it all.
Maybe it has something to do with being unable to stop any of it from happening.
The one real fear i have is for my kids, same as most.-

Are we so fed up with all the agencies and fat cats in Washington that some people are almost waiting for a fight?
Stripped of basic rights and freedom, slowly and subtly, are we subconsciously waiting for them to call us out?

One point i don't think the powers that be covered very well is when we have nothing- or nearly nothing- left to lose, we won't be so easily controlled.
Are we being deliberately calmed down, or are we preparing for them the way they're preparing for us?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

I always hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Yes, I've watched the "dumbing-down" of Americans for years.
We are an overmedicated society too.
You can not control a healthy, well fed society. We have become so spoiler that I fear that it wouldn't really take much to totally control most of the people in this country. No bombs, no pandemic.....just turn the electric off for a couple of weeks. People would sell there souls to the PTB. Sad, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Totally agree. The general population seems 'neutered'. Either unable to see what is happening or unwilling to do anything about it.

I am sure it must have been mentioned a few times on here, but it is the old 'boiling frog' situation, where a frog thrown into a pan of boiling water would immediately jump out, whereas a frog in a pan of cool water that was slowly heated up would sit there unaware until it cooked.

The slow heating of the water in that analogy is the slow erosion of people's civil liberties in real life.

In fact because of media spin and bias, a lot of people are not just losing what liberties they have, but are actually clamouring for their rights to be taken away. Here in the UK you will often hear people complaining about human rights 'nonsense' because of the favourable bias given to stories of the rights of criminals over the victims of crime.

Which of course wouldn't be happening if we didn't have such a pro-crime government here.

In answer to the OP, no I am not panicking either. There may be a Sit X, there may not. I am slowly preparing, listening and finding information in a sensible, reasoned way.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The only think you have to worry about is mind control. Thats the only part of the nwo that effects us all.

What ever happens, happens, and life goes on, unless it doesn't, and that has nothing to do with us.

You also have to remember that alex jones and those people make money out of keeping you people fearful.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I know exactly how you feel !
I'm posting this poem again cause it says it all.

"THE PEACE OF WILD THINGS"
by Wendell Berry
When despair grows in me
and I wake in the middle of the night at the least sound
in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,
I go and lie down where the wood drake
rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.
I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CallSign

I completely agree with you guys,obviously there is a lot more to lose before people react to there freedoms and money being pilfered away,but it's not just isolated to the USA.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I also agree.

General intelligence of the masses seems to have dropped off incredibly in the UK in the past ten years. People spend their time here worrying about minuscule concerns and personal dramas. They have little or no understanding of anything beyond their soap operas, daytime TV and going out on a fri/sat night.

Even the more intelligent people feel powerless to change anything.

I also agree that it will take a huge event to change anything, and that this is probably what is needed to benefit life in general.

Like you, I watch these stories unfold. I'm cynical in response to some of the ideas formulated; the NWO, WW3, the FEMA scenarios... But I also know that something is definitely on the horizon. Just as intel agencies report "increased chatter" I see increased chatter about this "massive change" on the net and in public.
Many know something is about to happen, but none of us know what it will be.

Personally, and I'm sorry to all my American friends here for stating this, but I think whatever it is it will affect the USA primarily.
Other nations will watch in startled amazement at the events unfolding, and then we'll all face a decision; either become involved as an ally, to help and assist the USA to recover (not in a warfare capacity), or face separation and detachment.
Either way, I think we'll all face increased security measures, limited communications, civil unrest as further markets collapse in the wake of it, and a period of uncertainty not seen since WW2.

The reason I am not too worried right now, is that I cannot control what will happen tomorrow, next week or next year. None of us can. All we can do is be aware of what is going on and plan for our own lives whatever happens in the future.

When you look at the evidence, only a small % of people are directly affected by any terrorist attack compared to the population. But the resulting changes affect the lives of millions in different ways and to different scales depending on the event. Most of us probably have little to immediately worry about.

I also think that maybe something is needed to make a dramatic change in the way our nations and governments operate. If an event is to knock our civilization back a few decades, or even a century, I don't think it will be that bad.
We could do with a sparser and simpler life, and the more important aspects such as communication technology would still exist, it would just be our understanding of life and appreciation of existence that would change. We would depend more on our neighbors and community, be more self-sufficient and have less to fear.

I have always thought that we need smaller communities, sparser governments and less global dependency. It wouldn't be easy, but we need to wean ourselves off of mindless toys and pointless products, we need to focus on sustainable, localized energy production and careful use.

When the SHTF, each nation will find that they need to be self-sufficient in every aspect possible. This will cause civil unrest as the changes come in, but it can be done, and I do think that we will all be better off for it.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am calm.

We all face doomsday someday, in one way are another. This life will end.

All we can do is face it with dignity and integrity. Fear will get you nothing in the end.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Calm and focused. I don't know what is going to happen I just know that something is going to happen.

To me its just common sense. Nature has here way of balancing the scales. We have cut nature out of the deal. nature will even things out. its what it does.

As for me (yes I know this is selfish) I am so board with the day to day rat race that I cant wate for any type of excitement. I personally feel that's half of humanity's problem. We are such a successful race that all the energy we once used to survive is now being put to destructive ends. Kind of like a child who is board tends to become destructive just for some thing to do.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by angryamerican]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

remember these words; "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -Ronald Reagan.

I have had this quote on my wall for several years, and read it almost daily.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Totally agree- it does feel like something's going to happen.

but if we have't done something by now, I figured we were waiting for them to make the big moves-
martial law, roundup for camps, serious, serious measures. Maybe it's about timing.

was curious if anyone else felt that being calm was a good sign that we- the little guys who've been stomped on and run over will prevail in the end.

is the calmness a sign of confidence that we'll fight the good fight when the times comes, or surrender without a sound?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I used to be very uptight about all this stuff. Now I look at it this way. If this stuff is to occur, I can spend my last days of normalcy, making things as abnormal as possible due to my paranoia, or I can just live. Reality proves time and time again, whether it be a global disaster to natural death, none of us knows when our time is up, so why worry about it. I plan for protection is the inevitable happens, but by no means to extremes.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For me, knowing the meaning of things and the outcome gives me peace.

a hopeful future

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If you expect the worst, I may have a bright spot for you.

In the worst of tragedies, there is a significant portion of the population who are either as close to being full-bodied paraplegics and can do nothing for themselves, or are so utterly stupid as to not anticipate and use good sense for survival.

If you'll consider the fall of the Roman Empire, they lost about a third to a half of their entire population from war, civil war, disease, and three successive, invading armies who seemed a bit short on mercy.

So in an absolute tragedy, you'll likely need to be in the 50% that survive. That isn't going to be as hard as one might think.

Consider the recent tragedy in New Orleans. Due warning. Yet these people were worse than cattle. They ignored all warnings, they wouldn't get off their lazy, fat asses to get to safety. Even in the immediate aftermath, instead of stealing food and necessities, they were stealing TV's, high end sneakers, and luxuries. They would have starved by the thousands if not for intervention.

Now, imagine something like that nation-wide.

The stupid will go first. It's just nature's way of saying, "you shouldn't breed." Those are the unprepared. And there's one hell of a lot of them that are unprepared. Then will fall the unknowledgeable. They don't know squat about how to get along without artificial barriers that keep them separated from the real world. And then there's the undetermined. They aren't fighters. They give up too easily. They will literally lay down and die.

I don't know about you, but I feel better already!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Calm? I don't do calm. So the answer to your question is no. I like to tackle every thing at top speed with megawatts of energy.

new topics

top topics

join