It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball in the sky over Saskatchewan, Canada!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
A brilliant green fireball startled onlookers across western Canada on Nov. 20th (5:30 pm MST) when it split the evening sky and fragmented during a series of thunderous explosions. "The sky was lit up almost like daytime for 3 or 4 seconds," reports Gordon Blomgren of Alberta. Murray McDonnell of northwestern Saskatchewan says "my wife and I saw a brilliant flash of blue white light, like lightning. About one minute later a long rumbling sound shook the house."

Andy Bartlett video-recorded the event from a 10th-floor apartment in Edmonton, Alberta:

www.spaceweather.com...

"The brilliant fireball appeared to be closer than the airplane in the upper right corner of this video," says Bartlett. "I made the movie using a Canon A510."

The nature of the object is uncertain. The slow pace of the fireball favors decaying space junk and, indeed, it may have been a Soyuz rocket body reentering Earth's atmosphere a day earlier than expected. The Soyuz rocket launched a Russian Defense Ministry reconnaissance satellite codenamed Kosmos-2445 on Nov. 14th. We cannot yet rule out the strong possibility that this was a small asteroid disintegrating in Earth's atmosphere; in the statistics of fireballs, asteroids outnumber rocket bodies by a wide margin. Stay tuned for updates.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

join