It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday: Space station celebrates 10 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Happy Birthday: Space station celebrates 10 years

www.physorg.com

NASA couldn't have staged it any better: 10 people in orbit for Thursday's 10th anniversary of the world's most elaborate and expensive housing project, the international space station
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Just thought id let ye know that the ISS is 10 years old today!
On that note can astronauts drink beer in space and is beeing drunk up there much different than down here, im more than willing to volunter my services to find out, just my way of contributing to human knowledge.
I cant see the station lasting much longer as it is gonna drain resources from the moon base and mars missions!

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great post!!!

I thought that the ISS was only supposed to last another year or so anyway since the shuttle fleet is going away.

The ISS is the biggest waste of $$$ that I've ever seen, just about as bad as the shuttle program at $400 million or more a launch!! I'll bet NASA thru a big expensive party to celebrate it though.

What a crock of s**t!!!

Stop launching the damn shuttles and missions to Mars and the ISS and fix this crumbling economy.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wolf241e

No America is buying soyuz entry modules off the Russian's! They should totally forget about the economy and pump everything they got into going to mars!
1) It would create massive amounts of jobs!
2) I want to be alive in the era where space exploration really begins!
3) I might die tommorow so if your listening BARACK, get a f-in move on will ya!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Some interesting facts about the station!

two spiders were brought up to see how they spin webs without gravity(badly) one got lost and is still up there somewhere in the station. (that would freak me out)

The toilet broke down for a month!

It has three redundant computer control guidance and attitude control systems, all of which broke down after installing a new piece of the station, luckily ATLANTIS was there to steer it!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Utter waste of money imo.

When are people going to get their priorities right?

Moonbases and missions to mars are another waste of tax payers money.

Why can't they sort things out here before running away and forgeting the mess they're making of this little jewel.

Sci-fi has a lot to answer for and the cost of these experiments and voyages is an insult considering how the money could be better spent in our own back yards and pools and considering the benefits they have brought which are miniscule when applied to a global population.

You pay, they play.
=

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

If its not wasted on space then its gonna be wasted on something else, at least this way humanity gets something out of it!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Europe
at least this way humanity gets something out of it!

Yup.....A HUGE BILL!

Of course, if you feel I'm wrong please feel free to elaborate and tell me exactly what?

The cost of the space station alone (to date) is an estimated 100 BILLION dollars!

Thats about **$15** for every person in the world. world clock here. Add to that the cost of all the missions to mars etc, etc, etc...and keep going!

Rediculous!

top topics

join