It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

e=mc2: 103 years later, Einstein's proven right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

e=mc2: 103 years later, Einstein's proven right

www.physorg.com

It's taken more than a century, but Einstein's celebrated formula e=mc2 has finally been corroborated, thanks to a heroic computational effort by French, German and Hungarian physicists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 11/20/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just goes to show how radical his ideas were, its taken 103 years to fill in the gaps of what we know to what he knows!
Now that somebody has filled in the gaps maybe someone else is gonna come along with some more radical ideas like FTL ship drives or something crazy like that!
To be honest i didnt even know they had a problem with his equations!

www.physorg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 11/20/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The e=mc2 formula shows that mass can be converted into energy, and energy can be converted into mass.

provenreportedly & I'm going to take their word for it...

Now isn't this fun...the relativistic marble universe is all of a sudden recognizing the energetic/harmonic version of itself. Oh yes ladies & gentlemen, things are about to get very very interesting...

This release will help to push the schism between scientific societies closer together I think bridging the way for more "fantastic" scientific announcements soon enough I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well if the secret of the universe has been verified, then why cant these mathamtical guru's figure out a way to power our world with something more modern than fossil fuel????

Pfft!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Now that this has been proven, we can all move to solving string theory and hyper-dimensional physics. I can't believe how far a head of his time that Einstein was. For a man who flunked out of high school math and couldn't tie his own shoes, he was pretty amazing. I wonder what mind will be compared to his in the future with such forward thinking.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
What the...?! You mean I have been working under the impression that this theory was tested a long time ago and it hadn't?

What else is there that hasn't been proven?!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
E=mc2 just describes the relationship between mass and energy.

It wasn't a Grand Unified Theory.

If you want to find out about a real intellectual heavyweight and colossus of the physical sciences, you should look up Nikola Tesla.

Here's somewhere to start you off: Nikola Tesla

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
What about the Higgs Boson?

top topics

join