It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Techniques to help break the limitations.How to transcend the mind to the next level

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
as i sit her cooking a hamburger, wondering what i need to do to reach the next level, because i want it to happen now, i figured it is time to really dive into this as if its a life or death situation. i want change, and i want it now. drastic changes. im not talking about getting a girlfriend, or a new tv. im shooting for the stars.

if you want to skip some of this stuff, you can go to the bottom, where i will have my list, but maybe my words will inspire you, or not, but i would say read it all before you start posting.

okay, let me have a stab at this. what im looking for in this thread, is to get opinions, and try to compile a list of techniques used world wide, that will help us all go to the next level.

i know we are all different to an extent, and for some, something like skydiving might give you your first obe, or for another, its sitting and meditating for hours. so at the end of the day, it is still gonna be very much a personal thing for each and every one of us, and you will need to look inside to figure out the best way to achieve your goals

now, im going to compile a general list, and i would like for members to add details, as i will too, and maybe experiences in trying out these certain techniques, and your opinions on why it is good, bad, hard, easy, etc...
i think alot of us here that are interested in the topic, are still living typical mundane lives, and we are bored, and we need to spice it up. im a young adult, and i have been into this topic since i was 16. back then i picked up on it by googling ki, qi, chi, and at that time the internet was not overwhelmed with info on the topics. this was 1999 when i started my interest.

so from there, i have grown alot with my knowledge on the topic, having moments of interest, and then doing typical young adult stuff. my interest was always still there though, just not alot of practice time was put in. so here i am almost a decade later, and within the past two years, my knowledge really took some leaps and bounds. almost as if fate just kept bouncing me in the right direction, or better yet, i was the one bouncing myself in the right direction to get the info i wanted, and that was most beneficial for me.

so im at a crossroads now. im going to be honest. i dont like most jobs that are available to me, and to be honest, i dont like spending 50 to 60 hours of my week, purely on work. i mean, from the moment you wake up, to the time you get home is more than an 8 hour work day, the totality of time your putting in is close to 10 to 12. ugh, thats gross to me. anyways, besides that, i want to truly explore this world without fear, and live it up. i want money to help myself and friends, fast cars, a healthy body, TIME, etc..

thats actually a little bit of a consumer friendly version. let me be honest now. i want to be able to close my eyes and remote view the stars. i want to be able to precog the future to increase my win ratio when gambling. i want to be able to create the perfect body in my mind, without the hours of sweat and pain. i want to hike to the top of mountains in a t shirt and shorts, completely unaffected by the cold weather. i want to be able to run faster than a cheetah. i want to be able to close my eyes and create detailed landscapes that i can go to and relax, or just have fun in when im laying back on the grass at the park.

i seek the knowledge to achieve these things, not to harm anyone, but just to enjoy life more. i think the reason humans can be so ruthless at times, is because, well, they dont have anything else to do. will super powers make you super moral, no, but i think alot of us here would be so relieved of the stresses that push us over the edge to do stupid things, if we could do something as simple as visualize detailed landscapes during our lunch break to relieve ourselves of the mental stresses.

imagine being bored, and not having to sit in your room, and just do the same stuff you usually do when bored, you could remote view mars, or downtown tokyo, japan. i mean, the only limitation is your imagination, and as a guy with a very active imagination, i just get excited thinking of what i could do, if i could do it.

so, lets cut the chitter chatter for now. i want this to be very open. im not here to debate limitations, for i only believe the limitations you have, are self imposed. i want people to really go for it here, and maybe you can turn yourself from being an average joe one week into the dream person you always wanted to be, the next week. i dont believe in time limitations either. i think anything can change in an instant, no matter how big a change it is. look at life and death, in an instant those things are created in this reality, and can also be taken away.

LIST

MEDITATION

i like most people here have used meditation. simple and free. but for me it fails in that i need more than just trying to empty out my mind. as i studied more into conscious creation, i realized my meditation would be more effective with adding visualizing and sensualizing to it. i unfortunately have not mastered either one yet. meditation is good overall though. its a standard. its like wheels on cars, but your wheels arent the only thing that makes the car move.

RITUALS

i think this can be very powerful, considering as human beings, we here tend to already have very ritualistic lives. wake up, brush teeth, shower, put on clothes, go to work, do work stuff, come home, sit on couch, etc... so the human mind is already accepting of ritual like behavior, so i say go for it. my only thing with rituals is that i dont like to create to much of a dependency on any objects, or words. to use my overactive imagination for a quick example.

say you are running from a mugger, and you can control fire and you have a lighter in your pocket, but you dont have time to create your magic circle or whatever, so you get caught and robbed.

thats kinda what goes through my mind when it comes to creating a ritualistic dependency on symbols, words, etc... but the beauty also of rituals, is well, you can program them any way you want. so i just say, be creative, and think out your ritual through before creating one and putting alot of faith and heart into it.

to be continued....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
TIME

this is not a technique. lol. i just remember when i was young and i use to always hear that shaolin masters would have to put in so much time to master techniques, or other stuff that generally was always putting time limitations on stuff. i didnt even like the time limitations when i was taking martial arts. why does it take 4 years to be a black belt? why cant we just practice more, and achieve more results quicker?

i was always annoyed by the whole time issue, and it has NEVER sat well with me. i bring this up, because in my personal opinion, we are very wrapped up in time, and i think alot of people dont keep pushing for better results, because theyre concerned of the time they need to put in, and if they do, what if it doesnt work.

i understand how you feel. i say, look at it the way i have. i use to feel that way, but i realized that i was not giving it my heart like i could have, and the time restraints i have, are purely based on my lack of passion for what it is im trying to achieve. i guess because its easier to go do more tangible stuff, like, get a job, get a check, cash a check, buy your clothes, than remote view, materialize objects, visualize, etc... that we dont put as much faith into it as we should.

i basically now just come to realize that, the same emotion i put into loving a girlfriend like there is no tomorrow, or loving sex to the point that nothing else matters but you and that person, or loving the taste of hot sauce on my burger, that emotion i need to put into achieving other stuff like, visualizing, sensualizing, mastering my intuition, etc... i just need to redirect my emotion, because i think for me personally, i have been lacking in directing my emotion to the proper departments.

if i have not manifested my wants yet, than it is not that it takes a long time, its that i am faulty in my creation somewhere, and i need to make some changes. the ultimate goal is instant manifestation of your creations, am i right? i dont think to many of us here have creations we want to happen at exact times, but that we have creations we want now, not later.

time is not your enemy, nor should it be a major concern of yours. time for me is fun for my experience, but in certain cases i seek for my creations to have instant manifestation, i do not want to wait until it just happens.

EMOTION

emotion to me is a HUGE thing when it comes to manifesting your desires. as i already touched on it a bit above, make sure you put the love into your desire to get a new car, like you would your wife or children. i found that i would attract a new girlfriend before i attracted money, and i think i know why. it was the emotion i had vested into the "girlfriend creation", that i didnt have in the "money creation".

one time when i was practicing some obe stuff a few years back. i remember hearing someone telling me to pull from the heart, and from that point on, i would use that technique. i would sensualize a pulling from my heart chakra area, and the stronger the feeling, the quicker i could induce an obe. i take that now a little further, in that i was telling myself to put more emotion into what it is i want. so i try to practice that as much as i can when im doing my meditations. from imagining myself dancing at the club surrounded by cheering spectators, to trying to focus on mastering my intuition, i try to get that rush feeling in my chest going, and put as much emotion as i can into what it is im doing.

i just had deja vu. like puff daddy said, he loves his work like he loves a woman, and i think that is why he is so successful to this day. he has properly given his work a large dose of his emotion, so it keeps manifesting his desires at a good rate. that was not an exact quote of him, but he said it during one of his episodes in one of his most recent reality shows. i believe it was, i will work for diddy.

FASTING

i could probably make a thread on what im going to address here in these couple paragraphs, but as a whole, i think this would go more into a technique of just letting go of normal day to day human behavior, to induce a different state of consciousness, that might hopefully also trigger a domino effect of creating other desires. this is a ritual in itself, but i did want to address it sepearately.

i think im going to officially try this over the next few days, and see what results i get. i figure, if i want to achieve certain abilities that my subconscious might consider "non human", than maybe i should try to act different. eating is definitely a major habit that keeps alot of us grounded. we eat because of greed sometimes, and mainly because we dont think we can survive without food. i think that creates a trickle down effect, where you might be trying to achieve superhuman like abilities, but your still performing day to day functions like a normal person, and feeling the effects of it, peeing, pooping, gas, etc..

aside from the mental changes im going to induce full blast, starting tomorrow, im going to change certain dependencies, as to create a new domino effect in my consciousness, and let myself know that what i think i need, i dont, and i can transcend the limits i thought i could not get around.

i always look at it like this. id rather not have to eat, and eat when i want, than to have to eat, and not be able to not eat when i want. its like, if your rich, you can still drive a pinto, but if your poor, your only choice is a pinto. its about opening up options, creating more freedoms for myself, and trying to create an overall different mental environment, that will also bring other desires to the light as my consciousness starts to recognize what im doing, and adapt.

to be continued.....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Not to rain on your parade, but it sounds like you have an out of control ego that is pissed that it is not getting what it wants. Not to mention a good dose of ADD.

Life isn't about getting everything that we want because we'll just want something else when we get it. Just by the very nature of your post you have already indicated that you can't be happy in the present moment and enjoy what life has to offer. Perhaps you have missed the point of meditation? Ego gratification isn't the answer.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
listen yoda, you're way off. there's nothing wrong with wanting to be a superhero and there's nothing wrong with gratifying your ego. all things to moderation. if you're so certain he's wrong why don't you go get a lobotmy to prove it?

you should add sacrifice to your list, or at least add it to the ritual section. without sacrifice you will accomplish nothing.

sometimes i chant ohm while i pick E notes on the guitar. E major works perfect for my voice. i don't see meditation as a passive activity. i think when you meditate you should be alternating between relaxing and flexing. spend some of the time squeezing every muscle in your body and smoe of the time relaxing as well.

some points about enlightenment. it's like winning the universal lottery so to speak. the ultimate rarity of experience. supposedly buddha achieved it and so did about 300,000 of his sanghi just by talking to him. but technically that counts as one. maybe lots of people reach enlightenment and know better then to go around trying to teach people anything and just disapear. that's a possibility. maybe buddha was wrong and he was actually reincarnated anyway. maybe the only way to leave the universe is to be completely forgotten. we'll never know. but the point is that it's all a process and it'll take thousands of lifetimes if it's even true. so bet it all on yourself in one go if you want but if you ahve any second guesses then plan on taking the long road.

no matter what people think about buddhism or religion in general i don't think wisdom can be faked.

www.youtube.com...

enjoy

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Mozzy]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How do you suppose I'm way off? Did you even read his post? It is not even close to moderation. Anyone who is seeking super powers so he can fortell the lottery and win big money is certainly seeking selfish personal gains. Not one of his desires had anything to do with bettering himself or humanity.

"I don't want to spend 4 years to earn a black belt". It sounds like someone doesn't want to work to achieve in life. Life is in the journey and the process not in the end results. Quite frankly, his mentality stinks. It reeks of "I'm entitled".

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
god, i knew i would have to address one of you types. i hate the internet sometimes.

How do you suppose I'm way off? Did you even read his post? It is not even close to moderation. Anyone who is seeking super powers so he can fortell the lottery and win big money is certainly seeking selfish personal gains. Not one of his desires had anything to do with bettering himself or humanity.

i dont even have to quote what i said. i know it. i said i wanted money to better myself, and help friends. there is nothing selfish about getting money. im trying so hard to not get angry. how can i help anyone else if i cant help myself? if i cant buy a pot to pee in, how can i help someone else buy a pot to pee in? there is nothing wrong with winning money, and i didnt say playing the lottery for your information. your taking my words waaay out of context. its a shame, because if you would have actually took in what i read, than you would not be typing this stuff.

not one of my desires had anything to do with bettering myself? first of all, what i do with my life, has nothing to do with you. if all i want out of life is a ferrari and 3 girlfriends, than so be it. why are you hating?

"I don't want to spend 4 years to earn a black belt". It sounds like someone doesn't want to work to achieve in life. Life is in the journey and the process not in the end results. Quite frankly, his mentality stinks. It reeks of "I'm entitled".

i knew someone would say this. just because i would rather achieve results quicker makes me lazy? so your telling me that, if you had the chance to hypothetically plug your brain into a computer and download 3,000 books into your memory, and be able to have total recall of it all, you would not do it because of your no pain no gain attitude? no, sir, you just dont fully comprehend the potential of consciousness, and i enjoy a nice up hill battle sometimes like everyone else, but if i have to choose between working until the day i die, to be equally as happy/unhappy as i am now, or get what i want now by the boat loads, and be able to relax for the rest of my years, than i will choose the latter, and so would anyone else who is sane.

how is it that i feel entitled? please tell me. i would gladly love to destroy your logic while i continue posting relevant material in this thread. the problem with your type is, you cant be happy just doing you, and everyone else happily does what they do. you think that if someone can get what they desire quickly, than they have a problem, because they should be like the rest of us, and die waiting for our dreams. SIR, I WILL NOT DIE WAITING FOR MY DREAMS LIKE THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE REST OF HUMANITY. I WOULD RATHER DIE TRYING TO GET THE THINGS I WANT NOW, RIGHT NOW.

you dont know me at all, so assuming that im just going to forever be some greedy pig, who cant get what he wants now, and be content for a while, is ridiculous to me. i cant even fathom why you even are thinking like that. your right, im going to get what i want, then want more, until i take over the universe and rule all. stop reading sci fi novels, not everyone is a greedy pig, willing to sacrifice others to achieve their goals.

Life isn't about getting everything that we want because we'll just want something else when we get it. Just by the very nature of your post you have already indicated that you can't be happy in the present moment and enjoy what life has to offer. Perhaps you have missed the point of meditation? Ego gratification isn't the answer.

there is nothing wrong with ego. you need to do some more research yourself. i embrace my ego. it is me. meditation is what i make it to be. i dont know what it is for you, and well, who cares. whatever it is for you, good for you, i hope its working, but its obviously not making you any less rude.

"life isnt about getting everything you want, because you will just want more." okay, im not feeling you at all on this. why should i not want everything i want, when i want it? because you dont think i should, because thats not what lifes about, because some fake guru says it aint so? LOL, that makes no sense. moderation i believe is key to many things, but your telling me that i should not want money, comfort, freedom, perfect health, peace, because im just gonna want more. well how about it just not want anything, and just walk around groveling in my own defeat and doom. would you like that better?

hell, by your logic, i shouldnt want more to help friends, because i'll just want more so i can keep helping them, and i shouldnt want that at all. lol

Not to rain on your parade, but it sounds like you have an out of control ego that is pissed that it is not getting what it wants. Not to mention a good dose of ADD.

i am pissed im not getting what i want. why shouldnt i be? i want better, i deserve better, because i know i can achieve better things. i dont have a.d.d. am i suppose to be happy im not getting what i want? by your logic it seems so.

you know what dude, if you want to battle this out, we can, and you will fail to impress anyone other than yourself, and a few other people around you trolling behind your shoulder as you dont read and comprehend the post in this thread, laugh, and try to make rebuttals that will fail due to your thinking process.

just leave and be mad at me. this is not a thread for you. your just gonna read it and get mad, post something silly, no one will agree with you, and those that do can join you in your boat of fail.

you should add sacrifice to your list, or at least add it to the ritual section. without sacrifice you will accomplish nothing.

i feel ya. well, i use to feel that, but im more like you have to make decisions. i think the sacrifice part is relative to the individual. what someone might see as a sacrifice, i might just see as a simple decision, and the core of a sacrifice is its a decision you make. whether you deem it good or bad is up to that person. i like to just think that, regardless of my emotions on the decision, i still recognize my decisions as decisions, neither good or bad. i make a decision, i get a result. i dont like the result, i make another decision with more precise intent, and get another result.

i keep refining my decisions until the results come up with more and more what i want each time.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
AND ONE MORE THING

what is moderate for you, may not be for me. the only problem with the obsession with moderating, is well, who is the one judging, other than self, and well, if i can eat 10 pounds of food with no i'll effects, and you cant, why should i eat less because you cant do what i can do.

moderating is all self. what limitations you want to impose on you, because of whatever reasons, i dont care. i think the problem with people is, and as i tell my friends, we always are comparing each other, and ourselves, to everyone else. i tell everyone, im not you. dont compare me to you, dont compare me to your friends, im not you, and im not them.

now as i go further into my journey of transcending the current levels of the mind that im at now, i expect to become even more giving, as i will also naturally give out better energy, because im much more at peace. let me open up your dull mind a little my friend.

if i wake up tomorrow, win 100 grand, get a new car, pay off my bills, be able to visualize and sensualize my thoughts as i wanted, remote view planets, and materialize my ideal physical body, i would be beyond happy. you know what happens when im happy and well off, those around me will want to be that same thing. you know what happens when im in a position to help others reach my state of happiness, i can help them, thats what happens. now they are happy, and the domino effect begins.

again, i cannot help out a broke leg dog, if i cant help myself first. im always going to be number one priority, and then when i get that done, i can move on to my other priorities. you assume my ego is large because i WANT things, but i want things for my own peace, and to bring peace to others. im just trying to also lead by example, and maybe i can change a few peoples lives when they see me doing good, and want to do good themselves.

do you see people do bad and think, i want to do as bad as them. NO, YOU DONT. so if i can lead by example, the mere fact of me having MY DESIRES a manifest, can be indirectly beneficial to many.

i dont know where anyone gets off telling anyone how they should moderate their desires. maybe if its truly detrimental to their health or something, but in the even bigger, deeper grand scheme of things, maybe that person needs to go out of control so they can get in control. i dont know, but im not going to go around telling someone they cant manifest a million dollars, have a beer everyday, have a new girlfriend every week, because i dont feel that i could moderate their responsibilities. i dislike that, so if i cant do it, than they probably cant either, attitude. that i dont do, and do not really agree with. they obviously must have something tickin in their mind that i dont. maybe i need to check myself, before i check them.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
eh... yoda was off but you just derailed yer own thread bud. sorry but i'm not reading through all that.

maybe yoda was right, lol.

anyway, it's all about progress. just concentrate on being sacrilegious. that seems to be pretty important these days.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If you would want a ferrari and 3 girlfriends then there somthing to examine there. You come here asking for advice and got some unsatisfactory awnsers. Alot of them could have been said in a better way.
Take the advice you get... you asked for it. Cool your anger with compassion for what we will all suffer as we learn.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am never bored. Do you really find yourself sitting around bored? How can that possibly happen? There is soooo much to do and see and learn I cannot imagine being bored. Rather, I wish I had multiple lifetimes to squeeze it all in.

That being said, some of your ideas were good. Especially the part about getting your emotions attached to the 'right' things.

One thing I also want to do is to get the physical fitness aspect of life down so that I can concentrate better on my other pursuits. Also (at least for me) I want to become a vegetarian. Just haven't done it yet. I am sure it will help.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Do you think you are smarter than me? More intelligent than me? Somehow superior to me? Is that why you feel the need to "crush" me out of anger because I disagree with you? That sir is exactly what is wrong with the world today.

All of those things that you wanted, money, women, cars, all of those things are available to you in this life. You just have to make the right choices that lead you in that direction.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Mav3rick]

top topics

join