It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These people must be hiding under their covers in shame

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
I don't doubt what you said about Countrywide at all. Doesn't surprise me a bit.

You should leak those documents to the press.

I have copies of some of the money orders they thought they tossed out. I had the originals money orders in my hand in court and the judge ordered me to hand them over to their lawyer along with those documents. There were other witnesses in the court. I tried to get a transcript of the court ordeal and was refused (judge ordered it sealed).

I posted copies of this stuff anonymously on-line a couple years ago and the ISP took the site down a week later. I sent anonymous copies to a few big news agencies (CNN, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal) and I can only assume they were not interested.

I even tried to track down the few owners of those money orders but they had already lost their home at the address on the checks. I couldn't locate them.

If I were to step out in person on all this, I could find myself in contempt of court.

Yeah, we need to let this whole economy collapse. It's all so corrupt! And planned.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Peter was Right on and thanks for sharing that video. Ben Stein is another wanna be who doesn't know his asshole from a hole in the ground. I love how he was proven wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
People are lining up around the block across the country for the Black Berry Storm, a $200 phone that comes with a $60-90 a month 2 year contract. Theaters are sold out for the teen vampire film Twilight, scheduled to make $60 million this weekend. I drove past the mall and it was slammed - I haven't seen so many people at my local mall in years unless it was the weekend before Christmas.

Yet somehow, the media wants us to believe we are headed toward a depression.

And it cannot be claimed its all on credit, since we're in a credit crunch, remember?

[edit on 21-11-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I bailed out of the stock market when the dow was still in the 13,000 range.

I thought that the handwriting was on the wall.

For once, I was right.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out what the true bottom of the market will be.

I'll just be cool for a while yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
People are lining up around the block across the country for the Black Berry Storm, a $200 phone that comes with a $60-90 a month 2 year contracts. Theaters are sold out for the teen vampire film Twilight, scheduled to make $60 million this weekend.

And you can't claim its all on credit, since we're in a credit crunch, remember?

Not to mention everytime I got to the mall the parking lot is filled and I have to park in other parking lots!

I definitely haven't seen much evidence of people hurting. Especially not now that gas prices have decreased so I, like you, am perplexed at all this talk on a decrease in consumer spending. Basically they are like, well consumer spending is down some abstract fraction of a percent to a small whole percent, and the world is falling.

We must see though. Because macroeconomically, the U.S. is not in a great position and neither is the dollar. We will have to wait and see if the doom and gloom actually materializes on main street.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
As a Ron Paul junkie I have been on Schiff for some time. Since this time 2 or 3 years ago.

I saw the way they treated Ron Paul during the debates, like he was some kind of delusional crazy. Knowing full well who were the delussional ones, I have often question the integrity of the debates, the moderators, and the entire system.

It shows you who has the real power.

Its the same way with Mr. Schiff on these "economic" shows. He was treated just like Ron Paul was, they tried to belittle him and make him look like he was crazy.

Why? That's the scariest part...one can only imagine why. There are of course many reasons why. Not one of those reasons being a good reason.

The stress is growing bigger. Heads should roll.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
People are lining up around the block across the country for the Black Berry Storm, a $200 phone that comes with a $60-90 a month 2 year contracts. Theaters are sold out for the teen vampire film Twilight, scheduled to make $60 million this weekend.

And you can't claim its all on credit, since we're in a credit crunch, remember?

Not to mention everytime I got to the mall the parking lot is filled and I have to park in other parking lots!

I definitely haven't seen much evidence of people hurting. Especially not now that gas prices have decreased so I, like you, am perplexed at all this talk on a decrease in consumer spending. Basically they are like, well consumer spending is down some abstract fraction of a percent to a small whole percent, and the world is falling.

We must see though. Because macroeconomically, the U.S. is not in a great position and neither is the dollar. We will have to wait and see if the doom and gloom actually materializes on main street.

From my standpoint I started to get pinched as soon as gas launched off like a rocket and how that impacted -everything-. Yet as I and everyone I know was feeling the pinch wall street kept having record days! over and over and I said to myself "Something is amiss here". Well yah something was amiss, looks like our economy was running on smoke and mirrors.

Anyway, now I have more money in my pocket because gas is down and every business is selling at reduced prices BUT now my employment is in question becuase it has been down 10% or more over previous year for nearly 2 years and if I lose my job, well that isn't a good place to be. Guess like Schiff said, we need to save!

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Helmkat]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

What do you mean "explain themselves".. a lot of you assume these guys were lying or something.. they just got it wrong.

Whaaat? That's a vastly overreached conclusion on your part. Jeez. Read what I actually said. I'll repeat it. The part that bothered me wasn't that they disagreed but rather that they were so arrogantly dismissive of what he was saying. That's what I'd like to know. Why did they treat him like a crackpot. Where in my post does it say I think they were lying?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Jim Cramer doesn't give any good advise nor the others that laughed at Mr. Schiff. I wonder if CNBC will still have those fools on and if they did who in their right mind would want to listen to them. They know a lot and a lot of nothing. They were wrong before and they are wrong now. I would just love it see their faces now. I suppose that would never happen.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by ClintK
I don't doubt what you said about Countrywide at all. Doesn't surprise me a bit.

You should leak those documents to the press.

I have copies of some of the money orders they thought they tossed out. I had the originals money orders in my hand in court and the judge ordered me to hand them over to their lawyer along with those documents. There were other witnesses in the court. I tried to get a transcript of the court ordeal and was refused (judge ordered it sealed).

I posted copies of this stuff anonymously on-line a couple years ago and the ISP took the site down a week later. I sent anonymous copies to a few big news agencies (CNN, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal) and I can only assume they were not interested.

I even tried to track down the few owners of those money orders but they had already lost their home at the address on the checks. I couldn't locate them.

If I were to step out in person on all this, I could find myself in contempt of court.

Yeah, we need to let this whole economy collapse. It's all so corrupt! And planned.

Man, I would love to see these documents. Countrywide has become pretty well known over the last few years for their crooked dealings; I'd love to see it brought further to light. There has to be a way around the court order you signed.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
I agree, Peter Schiff stood his ground despite mockery amongst his colleagues. This is an excellent post to say the least. Starred and flagged. I'm curious to know, where are those other people now?

Most likely trying to get a job at the National Enquirer IF they would have them. Great post. Starred and flagged.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
OMFG,

I am speechless, I got so mad I was yelling in the mic (was talking to my friend online) and one of his neighbors heard me on his speakers and knocked on his door to tell him to stop yelling.... This PISSED me off so much
And seeing how they treat him just makes me wanna rage!

This is a sad day for me after seeing that....

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's really sad how all of these people gathered around Schiff and laughed and joked at him like a bunch of junior high schoolers cornering the fat kid.
There's only one honorable thing for them all to do now. Go back on Fox News and figuratively commit seppuku, with Schiff acting as their second. That is to say, they need to go on TV and completely renounce any credibility they might once have had, because they were explicitly warned and they STILL screwed up bad, and let Schiff be there to pour a little extra on them in case they are tempted to equivocate.

My favorite line, "I think the Dow will be above 16,000". I guess from a certain perspective (bearing in mind that perspective can be heavily influenced by where you position your head) you could say that one was half way true right?

But you know, I'll stand by for my serving of crow too if Obama does turn out to be a Carter. I know Obama's not going to do what Schiff suggests- I know he's almost certainly going to throw money at this problem, and I see an implication in Schiff's own explanations that MAYBE that could work IF the money is explicitly targeted towards creating demand for goods produced in America, rather than injecting capital into mismanaged companies which are not doing anything for American production.

But if Obama doesn't do that, then I'm just another part of the voting public's massive problem with gullibility and detatchment from reality.

And if Obama does do that and it fails, then it's just as well that we'll be in a depression because I'm too stupid to be trusted with money anyway.

I don't mind being morally consistent about my desire to see stupid people get disemboweled. (but still, please dont bump this thread if Obama blows it, rofl)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
As Ben Stein would whine, "Wow."

I think this edit should be on a jumbo-tron on Wall Street and played on a constant loop behind every jackass talking head on FOX.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

Then all the crops die of thirst, the natives turn into rasins and the ground becomes far too hot to walk on. Yep, sounds about right.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Nice post but Catherine Austin Fitts, amazingly, had him beat by 23 years. She was an executive at HUD who questioned why $4 trillion was being sent out of the US for good. She was told the US was going down and there was nothing she could do about it.

I would post you-tube listings but my comp is running slow.

She can also be heard on C2C quite a bit. The archives are at least 23 years old.

She is one of the many guests on C2C that had it right and made me decide to get out of stocks a long time ago.

Shame MSM didn't have the same guests on.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Seems like common sense that CNBC should fire all those clowns, but somehow I just know they won't.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
The sad thing is that these idiots never get their comeuppance. They simply twist their speeches around and keep on bleating, except now they say "I told you so" and no-one calls them on it. It is possibly the most aggravating part of this whole thing, watching these smug and smarmy snakes sit there and just lie right through their teeth - and get paid well for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

There is a difference to what Peter Schiff says and what many ATS'ers say (some ATS'ers did say what he said though). And furthermore, he is educated and extrapolated these things himself with sound thought, while most ATS'ers repeat what they read on conspiracy sites, run around in circles and say the sky is falling. There is a total difference in my mind. I am one of those people that call people doom and gloomers when they say we will be living in the stone age after this and to store can food. Saying there is a stock bubble and it is going to burst is different.

reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

The thing is, some of those written on conspiracy sites used the same methodology used by experts like Schiff by, guess what? Quoting and following what experts like Schiff have to say.

Bottomline it pays to have an open mind. You don't have to believe anything you hear but at least you'll be prepared when it does become true.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   

What a joke, there are billions of people on Earth, one person out of a billion is bound to get one future prediciton right. I could make 10 predictions right now about 2012 and I am sure at least one would come true between now and then.

reply to post by jalien

His was not just a prediction but based on actual current trends not just some random quackery that you like to sprout.

Who cares if someone predicted it, its time to stop it, stop handing out the money.
reply to post by jalien

I care about this prediction because I can learn from it. You of all people should consider looking at it. It might help you find the answer on how to avoid suffering another defeat at the hands of the Liberals in the future.

And nice try on trying to turn this thread into a partisan-bashing.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by eldard]

[edit on 22-11-2008 by eldard]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join