It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden's Mark My Words on microchipping

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Full transcript

BIDEN: And we'll be faced with equally consequential decisions in the 21st century.

Can a microscopic tag be implanted in a person's body to track his every movement? There's actual discussion about that.

You will rule on that -- mark my words -- before your tenure is over.

Can brain scans be used to determine whether a person's inclined toward criminality or violent behavior?

You will rule on that.

And, Judge, I need to know whether you will be a justice who believes that the constitutional journey must continue to speak to these consequential decisions or that we've gone far enough in protecting against government intrusion into our autonomy into the most personal decisions we make.

Now now, should we take Joe's words seriously, or is it simply that he likes to throw his "mark my words" around. Unless he actually knows something that we don't, regarding his two mark my words statements.

If he actually does, then it means the US is in much deeper trouble than previously thought. I mean come on, who actually believes that people will accept microchipping in the first place anyway. I just don't see it happening.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I remember watching this video a few years ago... Never knew it was Joe Biden speaking.

Scary stuff.

Microchipping is the final straw for me... That's when I say I'm Mad as Hell and I'm Not gonna take this Anymore!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
I mean come on, who actually believes that people will accept microchipping in the first place anyway. I just don't see it happening.

Ive ranted on this for pages and pages before, so long story short:

instead of mandatory chips, anyone who gets chipped will pay less taxes, get better prices at wal-mart, and will be allowed to skip by lines at the airport. Then when a certain threshold of people have gotten chips, it won't be so unusual, and other will follow suit just to follow the herd.

Now can you see how people would start getting chipped voluntarily?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by scientist]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
It's not going to work, they are still going to leave the loophole of 'who is not microchipped'--them.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Paying less taxes!!?

So you're saying that there will be discrimination between people who get chipped and don't. And you think the US citizens will let just that kind of extreme discriminatory law to be passed by the authorities.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

please just try to extrapolate the example.

Lets say all of the airlines, gas companies, car companies, cellphone companies got together and offered an 80% discount on those that had a chip. Nobody is forcing anyone. Forget the taxes bit, that would come much later, after the volunteering wears down.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

First, if Biden's latest "mark my words" prediction comes true, then we'll have an idea whether or not he might know something about microchips that we don't.

Ad I think Scientist is trying to say that they'll market it like a charge card or something, like those commercials where everyone's using their charge card and things are going all smooth and then someone stops to pay with cash and messes everything up... or something...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Why it has to be embedded? People are not cattle, that's demeaning. Fast payment using cell phone is enough, people will not accept embedded chip.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm not disagreeing with you - people are not cattle. Chips are bad. That doesn't mean they aren't coming though.

people will not accept embedded chip.

you have far more faith and optimism in the human race than I do.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Are you kidding? My best friend and her husband are already waiting for them. They'll be the first ones in line!
And I thought she had better sense.

It's mostly fear, I think, is the way they'll get people to practically beg for them. Your children won't ever get kidnapped again- there's one tagline.
Or maybe, keep track on your kids and spouse- another.

Problem- reaction-solution.

They won't force at first, I agree. They'll entice, breed fear when necessary, and promote it for its worth. By the time they're through promoting it, people will wonder how they've ever done without it!

And sadly, I don't have that much faith in humanity anymore, either. We've allowed so much, it's just one more stampede.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   

CUT... people will not accept embedded chip.

The "people" won't have any choice in the matter. Refuse and you will be secretly implanted during your annual Doctor or Dentist visit. The "chips" have already been implanted in unwilling "subjects"... years ago. Maybe you already have "one" of your own... right now.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Okay, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Hypothetically speaking will yourself accept the chip?

reply to post by orderedchaos

reply to post by KOGDOG

Yes, people will not willingly accept the chips unless they're very scared or the chips are secretly implanted.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Paying less taxes!!?

So you're saying that there will be discrimination between people who get chipped and don't. And you think the US citizens will let just that kind of extreme discriminatory law to be passed by the authorities.

Goverments can do as they please, because a majority of the public is so dumbed down, if they are told that there will be one in each state will get the lucky gold chip that will make them an instant multi millionaire.

people will be lining up to get 2 or 3 chips to increase their cahance of winning

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

If everyone has this I apologize...

www.rfidnews.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I rather see the chip being implemented during a serious (planned) crash of the economy or a breakdown of the system and it could be many factors such as terrorism, natural(artificial) calamities.

While MOST of us here thinks that it's a bad thing. To MOST people outside this community thinks otherwise. I believe most people in the world will be initially accept it. Does anyone cares about this things anymore? No! Everyone is so preoccupied with their selves that they take anything just so they live a 'good' life enough to 70 years, a very short sighted mentality.

The rest of the minority who initially refused the chip will eventually fall in to peer pressure. As nobody seems to stand their ground against peer pressure anymore. Nobody could live without their beloved friends, cool!

As for the wee tiny left who's stubborn as stone in refusing the chips, good luck to us!

[edit on 21-11-2008 by ahnggk]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Okay, we'll just have to agree to disagree. Hypothetically speaking will yourself accept the chip?

I would rather die, with guns blazing.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I hope you are right. It is my sincere hope that many many Christians will protest, saying it is the Mark of the Beast. I don't personally believe that, but I hope they do. There are several ways this could be marketed. Like someone said, to get a discount or for convenience. For parents to protect their kids (and the kids that get them early will be brought up with them already in them- no big deal then, just leave it in when they turn 18, especially if there is a perceived benefit to leaving them in). The current younger generations are already dumbed down, technology-and reality-TV-addicted, and a lot of them here in The States were diagnosed with "ADD" and were on medicine that they did not need and turned them into zombies for half their lives. (Yes, I am generalizing, and not all kids are like that.)

And some people will get it just because they think it is cool. There is already a club in Spain where people volunteered for one, just to get VIP status at a club:
news.bbc.co.uk...

That is creepy in itself- just to be granted access into one place some people did it, just to feel "in," or special.

Again, I want you to be correct. I just don't have as much faith as you do in the human species. On the plus side, I think Biden might be a little off with his timing- I think this is going to take them longer to accomplish than they think.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

I mean come on, who actually believes that people will accept microchipping in the first place anyway. I just don't see it happening.

Ive ranted on this for pages and pages before, so long story short:

instead of mandatory chips, anyone who gets chipped will pay less taxes, get better prices at wal-mart, and will be allowed to skip by lines at the airport. Then when a certain threshold of people have gotten chips, it won't be so unusual, and other will follow suit just to follow the herd.

Now can you see how people would start getting chipped voluntarily?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by scientist]

well..if they say...scrap cash in your country and its the only way to pay for stuff...i think most people will sadly just go along and think its a great idea..

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Honestly, they'll probably use threat of plague to make people accept one.
Accept the chip, you get the vaccine. If you don't, please go to the back of the line and wait and pray there is still some left.
People in the hard core christian crowd would blink first on this arrangement.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Biden seems to know what's really going on and doesn't mind talking about it. Maybe he's the anti-christ?

apparently people are already doing it themselves!
www.youtube.com...
check out the line .. 'this is so cool'

I think young americans are so lazy, uninformed and into gadgets that they'll happily lap this up as the next 'cool toy' like an iphone or whatever. Even older people will be into it if they get some discounts or perks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join