It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Picks A Financial Adviser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Obama Picks A Financial Adviser

www.forbes.com

Obama will reportedly choose between former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker, Federal Reserve Bank of New York President Timothy Geithner and former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Welcome to Obama's Change! Obama has to pick a new Secretary of the Treasury to succed Paulson and who does he pick from? 2 former Fed execs and a former Treasury Secretary..... What happened to Warren Buffett? What happened to Change? It looks like we are going to be getting alot more of the same... God only knows what is going to happen to all that bailout money now.

www.forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I can live with Volker. That man is an inflation killer, damn the political consequenses. I don't think the NY Fed chairman is a good choice to even mention though.

At least it's not Jamie Dimon (jpm-chase ceo) that would've really enraged me.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by jefwane]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
Welcome to Obama's Change! Obama has to pick a new Secretary of the Treasury to succed Paulson and who does he pick from? 2 former Fed execs and a former Treasury Secretary..... What happened to Warren Buffett?

Volcker would be a potentially good choice.

Buffett? Seriously? Why would you want Buffett?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Jamie Dimon really would have put me over the edge... But still, judging from this news and the news of all the other appointments, how can Obama keep rightly claiming "Change".

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by anachryon

I wouldn't want Buffett, I was making reference to when Obama said he would consider Buffett for the appointment which is still a far cry from typical government cronies.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
And the winner is...... Timothy Geithner!

News just breaking, no link yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
biography

Yep. CFR!! The bildebergers and trilats and CFR get another foothold.

Lovely 'change'.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Please educate me as it appears this guy would be a terrible pick. According this profile of him. I know its wiki but....

en.wikipedia.org...

Really I'm not trying to be smart or anything, I don't know that much of his background so steer me straight.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yup...right at 3:00est and a moonshot on the DOW with a PPT infusion.....move along, nothing to see here...........

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown

Welcome to Obama's Change!

If I hear one more non-Obama voter yelling about how this isn't change I'm gonna scream... or at least RAISE MY FONT! :-)

Seriously though.. you didn't vote for him so STFU about the change that those of us who did may or not be expecting.

Personally, I expect change in POLICY not in PEOPLE. That's always been my expectation and it continues to be.

Let the man take office for goodness sake.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article sort of confirming this....

Here

[edit on 21-11-2008 by ExistenceUnknown]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well then by all means raise your FONT and express your outrage, for this is the land of the free and our constitution gives us the right.... At least for now it does anyway......
But when a candidate gets elected on a platform of CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE we should expect to see some sort of CHANGE.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
change means a change in leadership and faces, not in policy..

all the "important" things will remain the same.

it was mentioned above but Geithner is a CFR member and and IMF member. once again i see a name change but everthing else will stay exactly the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid
change means a change in leadership and faces, not in policy..

That's what Obama's doing now. But previous to this he was change change change and that the people in Washington were the problem. Now he's hiring all those 'problem' people.

NO CHANGE.

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
If I hear one more non-Obama voter yelling about how this isn't change I'm gonna scream... you didn't vote for him so STFU about the change that those of us who did may or not be expecting.

STFU??? How old are you? Non-Obamatrons now don't get free speech? Facist Obamanism. Welcome to Obamanation folks. :shk: Newsflash - until Obama's brownshirts take over this is still America and we have freedom of speech to EXPOSE THE FACTS about Obama's lies.

Personally, I expect change in POLICY not in PEOPLE. That's always been my expectation and it continues to be.

You've been bamboozled.

Obama was VERY clear. Change the way Washington did business. The people are a major part of the problem. New blood time. No lobbyists. - And all that goes out the window when he actually gets into office. Typical politican. No change. No hope. No unity. Just more of the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Your ganna have to talk in "angry rightie" if you want your message to get through hunka

But seriously... let the man take office for a year then judge.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
"Long association with the Rockerfella family"

Well, I don't trust him, no matter how successful he may have been in reducing inflation.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It is as it is always, only this time, the Obama crowd FEELS and BELIEVES they are right. This is tantamount to being an athiest and trying to explain you don't believe in science. Those of us who understand what the problems really are will have to let all these facists continue their belief that Obama is the right choice.

You can't tell a deeply religious nut he is wrong, and we won't make any headway with these people.

For the record, this anom voted for Obama based on what he said, and if I could take my vote back I would. What a liar, what a chillingly cold and efficient liar. He is gonna make everyone believe he is doing the right thing as the power continues to enslave us all a little bit more than they already have.

top topics

join