It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We saw the same bright light over Saskatoon. Was it a meteor for sure? Because it was bright. Lite up the whole sky like it was daylight. Quite scary!!!

post by ZoooMer

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
So there you have it. Meteor. No conspiracy, no cover up, just nature and the universe at work. Time to move on.

No. Time to continue. Some of us find li'l things like nature and the universe fascinating. Sorry to disappoint you.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrodturbo7
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

I saw a fireball this evening, about 150 miles from you (Dothan, AL).
Been quite a few lately, including an awesome horizon-horizon one a couple weeks ago @ the drive-in movie. Probably a meteor.

Thanks Hotrod...... Glad you saw it too

You still have drive-in's in Dothan?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Very strange indeed! Its trajectory must have been extremely close to the horizon, travelling just above the surface. There should be some manner of physical evidence left along its path. Hope there are interested parties in the area keeping an eye on military movements, increased aircraft activity.

Hopefully we'll have some satelitte images. But don't count on it!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have seen many meteors in my lifetime and a good number of green ones. I have even seen one so bright it made the night sky light up and turn blue. It cast shadows on the ground.

A few days before the leonids I saw a bright white meteor of significant size. Another meteor shower is coming up I think around dec 14 - the geminids.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

From cdnguy's link.

[edit on 11/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

link   
reply to post by chapter29

yes thay do,

green lights in meteors and light blue etc etc etc when sertain minerals burn of thay burn of in diffrent colours not constantly tho just in short few second burst's
i notists some some one say/said it exploded "above ground" yet otheres are saying it landed! statement below...

michael Chesworth
Saw landing of fireball in the west end of edmonton, north of yellowhead highway and south of 137 avenue between 170 street and 184 street at 5:30. Sorry I never had my video camera.
Michael

other strange things that didnt add up for me is the flickering of light on the weather cam, should it not be one big flash on impact and one long flash on passing,
the video we see on the weather cam resemble's more of a huge candle burning

cant wait for more on this....

link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
duplicate image erased

Hot dog beat me to it...

Arf

[edit on 20-11-2008 by MoonMine]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Wow that is an amazing picture. I couldn't imagine would that would look like in person.

Nice post.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've witnessed a few explosions in my lifetime... a few of hte plastics plants in town have blown up... and the size of this flash was 100 times larger... I've never seen anything light up the sky like that...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As typical as this may be, it would be more terrifying if these started to progress in size and strikes in various populations. It would fulfill one coming prophecy anyway. I wonder what news station would risk covering that scenario? I just hope I'm safe at home watching it on the news. Anyone here have a bunker?

link   

Originally posted by cdnguy

Sightings have been reported up from northern alberta (Fort Mac.. down to red deer)... we're talking a area that spans around 600 km's...

Don't forget as far West as Manitoba.

Reports of sightings of the light and possibly a fireball came from Edmonton to Regina to Swan River

Source

link   
extensive video report now on at
edmonton.ctv.ca...

watch the video player

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

From cdnguy's link.

[edit on 11/20/2008 by schrodingers dog]

Cool pic Mr Dog
was that a find from a witness of tonights events (I now see where that pic came from, thanks!) Btw... I now have the song "Bird is the word" stuck in my head! I owe you for that!!!!

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SleeplessInUS]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdnguy
This is very odd.... I'm an eye witness.... and there's nothing really that I could relate this to... I'm not sure exactly how much information has been obtained by this forum but a couple things I can tell you guys...

The weather here in edmonton today was very windy and around -8 celcius... if My memory serves me correct it was a relatively clear day... if not entirely clear...

I was driving into downtown edmonton around 5:25-5:28 I witnessed what I thought at the time was a transformer exploding... then when I looked up there was the rather large orangy green flash...

To me it didn't appear as flames... something hotter.. .and it came down onto the horizon....

Sightings have been reported up from northern alberta (Fort Mac.. down to red deer)... we're talking a area that spans around 600 km's...

Yes, it was a VERY windy day today and chilly.. but what I saw was very defiened and there was flames. It did have the visual effect of a transformer exploding, that is a good description.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Slade says he believes the object was a meteor, travelling at around 100 kilometres an hour.

My car travels faster than that.

This rules out a meteor for sure. Should be more like 300Mph.

Even if his estimate is off, certainly not by an order of three I hope (for his sake). This brings up the question if not a meteor what was it?

ATS team on site yet?

MoonMine

300mph?

Dude, if this were a chunk of space rock, it would be doing a damn sight more than 300mph.

Your looking as a couple of thousand mph.

If this things only doing about 100moh, I'd say maybe not a meteor at all.

Though the guys guess at speed could be totally wrong, if it isn't, then I suggest that someone from here get their lazy butts away from these boards & go take a pic if they can get close enough to the site.

This thing came down in a populated area, so finding the LZ won't be too hard.

If it's already blocked off by the Military, duck down a side street & snap a few off..lol

Oh and while your at it, let us know who's military it is guarding the site "if military are present".

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i believe this sounds odlly familiar to what happened in china before the big earthquake. a few hours before the bg one there were strange lights. could this be a natural effect warning of an earthquake soon to happen?
if this is not a meteor and no impact has been heard or felt i'd be a little worried about this being an earthquake type of lightning.
However if no earthquake happens then i guess we still need more answers.Just keeping an open mind here folks

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don´t think something that produced this flash hit the ground. It cannot have. It would have caused an enormous crater for one and maybe even an earthquake.

Still hoping for a crash site, but it doesn´t look so good right now...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join