It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

He saw that from an airtower in New Orleans?

thats quite the distance to Edmonton Canada...

was there one also in New Orleans or near there?

Now we have 3 hits?
2 in Canada and 1 in New Orleans...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Strange lights reported on the news here in PA that was seen last night possible ice crystals in the atmosphere or the aura borialis (sp) is what a local astronomer says now this in Canada. Stared and flagged for sure.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I doubt that there is a chance of a video showing up, as I saw it myself and it wasn't there long enough for someone to get vid even on their cellphone. I sure as hell hope there is one out there as this ball of fire was unbelieveable.

I was driving E on Petroleum Way at apx 5:30 after work and it appeared out of nowhere, a fireball with a green tail. A DISTINCT fireball, so I wouldn't call it a UFO except that it IS definitely unidentified. To clarify, it was a fireball that was dead set in front me OUT OF NOWHERE, directed southbound and it was rather large and seemed to be faltering. I thought it was going to crash into the Petro-Canada refinery tank farm as I was driving beside it. I waited for something to blow up while I started driving faster. Then as I was driving home southbound on Sherwood Drive I saw the fire trucks heading north on Sherwood Drive.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by killrockstars]

[edit on 20-11-2008 by killrockstars]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Hello. This is my first post here at ATS. My first thought upon reading the eyewitness accounts, and seeing the footage is that these are meteorites. The pulsing of the light emissions seem to indicate an irregular shape that is rotating in one or more axes. Also, the colours (I'm Canadian, that's how we spell that word
) could be indicative of changing temperature as the energy from atmospheric entry is ablated, particularly the red seen near the end of the objects passage. As far as sound goes, I'm a little stumped, as I would think that such an object would make more of a racket on impact. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this event unfold, and I'm also happy to be a part of this community.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by killrockstars

I'm finding this peculiar, the differences people are noticing in the fireballs color.

My father, brother and I, all witnessed an orange tail (as have others), while others are witnessing green or blue. We weren't even together when we seen it.

What's up with this I wonder?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1rked44
Hello. This is my first post here at ATS. My first thought upon reading the eyewitness accounts, and seeing the footage is that these are meteorites. The pulsing of the light emissions seem to indicate an irregular shape that is rotating in one or more axes. Also, the colours (I'm Canadian, that's how we spell that word
) could be indicative of changing temperature as the energy from atmospheric entry is ablated, particularly the red seen near the end of the objects passage. As far as sound goes, I'm a little stumped, as I would think that such an object would make more of a racket on impact. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this event unfold, and I'm also happy to be a part of this community.

welcome
the purpose of this website is to deny ignorance
you have a lot of skeptics on here ignorant to the fact that there is other life visiting earth
to them i say GAMES OVER, ITS NOT COOL TO DENY THE OBVIOUS!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by MoonMine

He saw that from an airtower in New Orleans?

thats quite the distance to Edmonton Canada...

was there one also in New Orleans or near there?

Now we have 3 hits?
2 in Canada and 1 in New Orleans...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by warrenb]

Appearantly...yes

"At dusk, while looking out of the west window, someone in the tower saw a bluish-green light moving from east to west -- a meteor, " Herwig said. "And it completely dissipated before making contact with the ground."

Bluish-Green light.

Reported about an hour ago...(Google)

link   
any updates so far?? !!! Man.. Can't believe nothing is coming out of the MSM!! well.. on 2nd thought...

gonna check youtube

link   
reply to post by Unknown Truth

the pollution behind it.. the green also comes up sometimes in lightning storms here in Edmonton/Sherwood Park. But not always.. the tail of the actual fireball and fireball itself was bright orange.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Green fireballs are a very common occurrence during the annual Leonid meteor shower. Here is a NASA site concerning them:
leonid.arc.nasa.gov...

and here are fairly recent occurrences of green fireballs in 1997 and 1998 during the Leonids:

www.mt.net...

and

www.mt.net...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

well 3 this so far. 2 in Canada and 1 in New Orleans...this is just too weird

anything going on in the MSM? any other countries affected?

The sky here is clear, can see the stars really well tonight.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

Zinc burns green, boron burns green,copper if it burns green means it is at oxidization leval or very hot.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

THe Leonids pass by on Monday... 3 nights ago, I havent seen anything in the sky since monday night...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

actually, fort mcmurray is only about a 4-4.5 hour drive from edmonton. I live in fort mac and was unfortunate that i didnt see the flash. I heard about it from my sister, who lives in lloydminster. She said her place lit up, and she thought a truck was coming straight at her house

also, about half an hour from lloydminster, in marshall, Saskatchewan, reports of actual rumblings were felt. thank goodness my sis and bro in law moved out of there a few months back...would hate to see this turn into an "andromeda strain"!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains

Just wanted to note that I live in the Florida Big Bend area and happened to be watching the International Space Station pass over at exactly 6:05 my time... which would make it 5:05 your time I think. It was travelling southwest to northeast.

I commented to my brother how beautiful the pink remnants of the sunset were and wondered if the ISS would be pink also when we first saw it. It was pink like the sunset for about a quater of its pass... then shown white. (-1.3 mag)

Not claiming it's what you saw though.

Thanks for the reply! That is perfect timing but what I saw had a "tail" and the ISS isnt speeding up there is it?
Im not brilliant in all things space but Im assuming that the ISS doesnt move around much right? It would appear more like a satellite? This had some big time speed on it and a tail. Also, this was travelling in the opposite direction of what you are stating.

Im thinking I saw something else.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by killrockstars

Ah, I see. That might explain why when the sky lit up, it had an eerily pale green light to it.. At least from my vantage point it did.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I witnessed a similar event in Whitehorse in the early 2000's.
The bright flash and orange flaming tail left a streak of smoke or cloud in the sky for hours. Looked like a contrail of a plane.
The meteor struck in the early morning hours when the sky was still dark. The two flashes I saw lit the sky up like it was daylight. I was looking out my window at the time and saw everything clearly in the flash. In fact, it was so bright, it actually triggered the photo sensitive cells of the street lights to turn off!
Now as I observed its descent until it went behind the mountain across the valley from where I was, I couild have sworn it was going to land in town (about 25 km away). As it turns out, it in fact landed hundreds of km`s away.
Point being, they can be very deceptive to someone observing on the ground.
Here`s the story of the one I saw
www.space.com...
and this one describing the scientific process after the event
science.nasa.gov...

It really is an incredible experience to see. I`m glad so many of my neighbours got to witness this event.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by solo32_98]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
one thing is for sure.. if this was a `ufo` or anything like that, theyd be a massive military presence in the area to make sure nobody approaches within miles.. they`ll oficially label it a `metorite or space debris` and be over with it....
so... whats happening? any presence there at all?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
can't find a single thing about it on youtube.

GAH !..

anyone else got an update??

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join