It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Originally posted by warrenb
did you see what i mean about the sky lighting up and going dark repeatedly, kind of weird

You know, that is EXTREMELY WEIRD.

I have seen meteorites (not in the same order of magnitude as this one) but imo it should not light up intermittently as it did.

That is very odd indeed.

Why would it do that?

MoonMine

Yes very strange!?

It lasted for quite a while too. hmmm?

I can only guess that there was more than one meteorite, one for each flash?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Jay Ott
Could not believe the sheer light that came from this event. My exact words (having no idea what it could have been, transmission lines blowing, plane crash etc...) "wtf was that?".

Odd though, it seemed as though air traffic had some kind of warning as the patterns at Municipal were jammed...airplane lights everywhere at the time.

interesting observation

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Didn’t something like this already happen in Canada on October 10th 2008? In the same areas? I’ve also heard something similar happened on September 30th, saw a link that mentioned it but then when I clicked on it there is no story relating to it, weird.

As for the October incident only found one link discussing it but it isn’t much:
www.ufoinfo.com...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Eleanor
I was glancing out our kitchen window at 5:25 in Millwoods and saw a big greenish coloured ball with a yellow tail falling out of the sky. It looked like it would land around Millwood's Town Centre...reminded me of a piece off HUGE fireworks when they blow up and whistle down to the ground! No time for a camera..Wow!!

green, huge, whistle noise?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Thanks for putting up the vid. link.
That is pretty incredible.

3 questions :

1) I am wondering if that sky view video was shown as a loop of one flash,
or as continuous footage. It seems to flash several times.
Several of you witnesses see multiple flashes, or one bright one?

2) I see no reports of any sound associated with this event.
Any witnesses hear any noise? Boom, crackle? whoosh?

3) how quickly would NASA's NEO website report this typically?

will be watching this one closely.
Starred and flagged .

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
im really really looking forward to the footage
somebody must have captured some clips as canada is a massive place and thousands of people appear to have seen it
wow, plus like we`ve heard it isnt likely to be a metorite so this is exciting... a crashed ufo? maybe shot down? who knows? we`ll find out

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Apparently it hit 2 different places, Alberta and Saskatchewan?

Michelle Ginther
We live in a town called Dalmeny in Saskatchewan which is 15 minutes NW of Saskatoon and it looks like it landed in a field close to my house. Had to have been a different one though. Big as a helicopter!

Armin Tanzarian
I was driving home on the south edge of Edmonton right beside highway 2 when a HUGE fireball of light in front of me lit up the entire night sky and appeared to be falling rapidly while changing colors, the light was so bright it was like looking at something as bright as the sun

can anyone confirm 2 strikes?

Joan Gregorwich
I live on a farm 40 km southeast of Camrose. I saw the ball, huge, bright as a full moon with heavy trail. Probably the size of a large boulder, resembled a full moon falling to the ground. The fire show behind it was similar to fireworks. Seriously thought it landed in our field! Came from the east, dropped to the south. Awesome sight in a black sky. It actually illuminated my livingroom for about 30 seconds and in the first second of seeing the light, I thought there was a vehicle driving in the field!!

Pablo Herrera
I saw a fire ball coming down to earth at 5:25 pm ( I saw the time in the clock of my car just after the incident). I was driving on Anthony Henday to the South. I had passed Yellowhead Trail drive when suddenly the sky went very bright to my left. When I turned my head, towards east of my position, I could see a fire ball coming down to the city, disappearing in probably 2 seconds leaving behind a trail of light for probably 2 more seconds like the one left by a rocket from NASA. Its the best that I can describe from what I saw. The movement was very fast and this fireball was falling or moving almost in a vertical direction. It disappeared behind the trees that were at the location from where I was driving.
It was amazing. Something spectacular. I thought it was a meteor and I thought it would fall some where in the northwest of Edmonton. I started to look for a radio station to listen if somebody had more news.
I'm highly interested to know what really that was. I can only say/ WOW!!!

[edit on 20-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZoooMer

Gobeil said he also saw the object hit the ground about 10 seconds later. "It seemed like it fell on Beaumont, but it's more likely it landed in Manitoba or Saskatchewan if it was a meteorite," he said.

So he saw it hit the ground; seemed like Beaumont or maybe Manitoba (550 miles East), or maybe Saskatchewan (200 miles East).

Gotta love eyewitness reports.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Watch carefully for any type of suspicious Roswellian type of activity (attempted cover-up, odd road-blocks, military, contradictory news reports) dear Edmontonians.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well i just check to see if there was any earthquakes felt and see none reported for the area. If the boom was as loud as people said and the meteor a decent size, I would imagine it would have some registered effect.

So it must not have been that big or didn't make impact.

or its a alien ship

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I have been waiting for a post such as this, only one problem.... The time is wrong and the direction is wrong LOL.

As I left work this evening at 5:05pm, I saw what looked like a fireball falling through the sky in the west. I am on the gulf coast in Alabama. By 5:15 it was over the horizon. My first thought was a meteorite and I was waiting to see if something would be reported either here or in the MSM. The problem is that 5 pm for me would be 3pm? in Edmonton... and it would also be in my northwestern sky.

Could there have been more than one? The one I saw made no impact near me... it merely dissappeared over the horizon which makes it large. I wish I had pulled over and snapped a picture but I was in 5pm traffic which is a bear to say the least.

Starred and Flagged, will keep my eye on progress of the thread and perhaps someone else saw what I did?

Meteor shower?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SleeplessInUS

If it is then this is a pretty dang big one

I cant wait to see the raw footage that somebody will be bound to post. It looks like a good night to watch the sky.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Boots on the ground, boots on the ground.

We need people there now!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Joan Gregorwich
I live on a farm 40 km southeast of Camrose. I saw the ball, huge, bright as a full moon with heavy trail. Probably the size of a large boulder, resembled a full moon falling to the ground. The fire show behind it was similar to fireworks. Seriously thought it landed in our field! Came from the east, dropped to the south. Awesome sight in a black sky. It actually illuminated my livingroom for about 30 seconds and in the first second of seeing the light, I thought there was a vehicle driving in the field!!

it seemed like fireworks from behind it...weird

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wait a minute...

She saw an object large as a helicopter impact?

That would leave a creater of at least a hundred feet with a trail of two times that. Can´t wait for pictures....

MoonMine

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
have we heard from any ats'ers who can get near the impact zone????? i was about to book a ticket till i saw the local weather in Edmonton.... no thanks

link   
Edmonton has a military base en.wikipedia.org...
It would be interesting to hear if there are any reports of movement from the base

link   
I am 2 hours southeast and saw the flash. Wasn't sure what it was at first, and since I live right across from the army base/artillery range, I just chalked it up to that. There was no boom though which was odd for artillery. I am going to have to call some buddies in Edmonton and see what I can find out.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rollinster
Boots on the ground, boots on the ground.

We need people there now!

GO GO GO

I wish I was close but I have an ocean to jump...

Feh.

Good point though. Get an ATS hit team on scene...

Takers?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

yea in Saskatoon or near there

the Edmonton one appears to have been Huge though

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join