It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They don't need no stinkin' constitution!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is taken from a paper written by a man named Doug Fiedor in 1998. The entire paper is well worth being read by all Americans. After reading it, go back to sleep.
www.uhuh.com...

Quite obviously, the War and Emergency Powers Acts have corrupted our Constitutional form of government.

The United States Senate started looking into this extra-Constitutional emergency war powers situation once, back in 1973. They published some very surprising findings. One interesting section of the Senate Report\'s introduction relates part of the cold hard truth:

\"A majority of the people of the United States have lived all their lives under emergency rule. For 40 years, freedoms and governmental procedures guaranteed by the Constitution have, in varying degrees, been abridged by laws brought into force by states of national emergency.\"

But there\'s more. Unfortunately, a lot more. Another part of the findings of the Senate concerning the emergency powers available to the president upon his decree is also very informative. This is also related in Senate Report 93-549 of 1973:

\"This vast range of powers, taken together, confer enough authority to rule the country without reference to normal constitutional processes. Under the powers delegated by these statutes, the President may: seize property; organize and control the means of production; seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communications; regulate the operation of private enterprises; restrict travel; and, in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens.\"

www.uhuh.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Which is why I'm sickened that the American Petition ( xmb.abovetopsecret.com... ) hasn't gotten anywhere...

I don't have the resources to disseminate it myself & the total lack of support I've had with it leads me to the conclusion that The People *want* such blatant facism thrust into their lives.

It happened in Germany & now America is already on the same path...But it makes me even sicker since it means that *their apathy* is going to ruin *my life*! I'm beginning to wish I had the means to leave before I wind up not having the *choice* anymore.

[Edited on 20-1-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
No offese, bro, but the petition doesn't hold a candle to the constitution and people have ignored the responsibility behind it. They've allowed themselves to be dumbed down, they are content to watch sitcom reruns and gripe about their dwindling 401(k)'s.
As long as the cable TV is not interrupted, everything will be blissful. To the morons.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Great find Thomas!!! It took me a while to get through it but it was well worth it.
I knew I came to this site for a reason

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
A complete cabinet, president, etc. ready to go...

Who elects these people? Nobody....

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No offese, bro, but the petition doesn't hold a candle to the constitution and people have ignored the responsibility behind it.

I know it doesn't...It wasn't *meant* to...

The Petition was meant to point out to people that they need to take resposibility for their freedoms & that they need to take that contract (The Constitution) seriously if they want to get their freedoms back & *keep them*.

"Ultimate exercise of freedom also requires an ultimate exercise of responsibility"--Unknown

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

top topics

join