It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to Creationists

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
I would like to add a quick point to your argument TP:

The absence of universal constants or "rules" as you put it, would create a new Rule: Entropy/Chaos...

That's interesting...
For some reason, I hold a similar view of 'nothingness'.
I believe that if there was nothingness, it would actually be something, sort of like filling the void if that makes any sense...
I think it's funny that we believe it would be more probable that there should be nothing rather than something. It's this limited scope of reality that causes so many flawed beliefs.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

As far as physics and cosmology goes... Nothing IS something...

hell, even a void is a something...

for there to truly be nothing, there could even be open space... as open space would have dimensions... and would again be something

You're absolutely correct on your thinking
There is no such thing as "nothing"

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Thanks
It's just annoying to see someone bash something that they obviously don't even take 2 minutes to research. I think all of us atheists can relate to that...
"Evolution is stupid because by now we would have grown jetpacks. Do we have jetpacks? No. Therefor evolution is stupid".
lol... what do you say to something like that?
It's like me saying "God is stupid because he kills donkeys, therefor he's stupid. If he's stupid, then he can't be God, therefor he doesn't exist."
I'm just so tired of strawmen

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

I know what you mean lol

I really don't like the fact they try to argue against something they refuse to take the time to understand...

And then draw silly little conclusions like space lungs, and evolving jet packs...

Evolution is so remarkably simple... its amazing... that is why it stands up to so much scientific study...

The simple solution is most always the correct solution...

Have you ever seen the Dawkin's lecture "Growing up in the Universe"? since it is a childrens lecture series, it really does help explain things at about a 5th grade level...

Amazing lecture series... If you get the chance, check it out

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

It is impossible to know if nothing exists
because if it is known it becomes something.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Have you ever seen the Dawkin's lecture "Growing up in the Universe"? since it is a childrens lecture series, it really does help explain things at about a 5th grade level...

lol.. "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"?
The creationist would like to say yes, but his track record on evolution tends to disagree

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by papabryant

Originally posted by noobfun
id love you to point me towards some of that peer reviewed work saying its not an intermediary species they will refer to it as a bird of reptilian charachteristics (that means transitionl)

it is still considered a flying reptilian/avarian transition

Dr Alan Feduccia, a world authority on birds at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and an evolutionist himself, says:

“Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth-bound, feathered dinosaur. But it’s not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of ‘paleobabble’ is going to change that.”

Feduccia, A.; in: V. Morell, Archaeopteryx: Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms, Science 259(5096):764–65, 5 February 1993.

Yet Feduccia also stated:

Creationists have used the bird-dinosaur dispute to cast doubt on evolution entirely. How do you feel about that?

Creationists are going to distort whatever arguments come up, and they've put me in company with luminaries like Stephen Jay Gould, so it doesn't bother me a bit. Archaeopteryx is half reptile and half bird any way you cut the deck, and so it is a Rosetta stone for evolution, whether it is related to dinosaurs or not. These creationists are confusing an argument about minor details of evolution with the indisputable fact of evolution: Animals and plants have been changing. The corn in Mexico, originally the size of the head of a wheat plant, has no resemblance to modern-day corn. If that's not evolution in action, I do not know what is.

link

So the original comment by noobfun was fine. Feduccia is in the camp of birds evolving from reptiles rather than dinosaurs, which is what he said.

Moreover, some of your post is plagiarised from elsewhere.

www.apologeticspress.org...

and

www.users.bigpond.com...

Bad creationist!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by melatonin

Moreover, some of your post is plagiarised from elsewhere.

www.apologeticspress.org...

and

www.users.bigpond.com...

Bad creationist!

lmfao melatonin you just made my day with this bit above

i guess i was silly enough to think that he actually made his own arguments based on the evidence he liked to misuse not just copy paste and pray, ive accused him several times of intellectual dishonesty guess i was charitable enough to presume it was the exception not the norm

deffinate star for you

<< 12  13  14   >>

join