It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your future isn't so terrible

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellirium113
I had to join ATS just because of this thread (Hi everyone). I am quite fascinated by your claim to be a time traveller. I however cast serious speculation why a time traveller would be wasting their time casually conversing with people on a forum instead of doing more meaningful tasks.

Interestingly, this is the second time I've read this particular curiosity regarding this time traveler spending (wasting?) time on the Internet during this discussion. Fairly, I have no idea whether he is actually time traveling or not (nor can I know).

However, I did understand him to say that part of his purpose is to mingle with the culture, and where better in our super-sophisticated ultra-advanced model civilization of 2009
than on the World Wide Web? That's what I would do if I was in his position, so I don't find it unusual that he is on ATS researching this present culture's take on fringe topics such as time-travel. He's mentioned several times that he's done considerable research on ATS, it only makes sense that forums would provide a clear view of opinions regarding any particular subject.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose

Originally posted by Ellirium113
I had to join ATS just because of this thread (Hi everyone). I am quite fascinated by your claim to be a time traveller. I however cast serious speculation why a time traveller would be wasting their time casually conversing with people on a forum instead of doing more meaningful tasks.

However, I did understand him to say that part of his purpose is to mingle with the culture, and where better in our super-sophisticated ultra-advanced model civilization of 2009
than on the World Wide Web? That's what I would do if I was in his position, so I don't find it unusual that he is on ATS researching this present culture's take on fringe topics such as time-travel. He's mentioned several times that he's done considerable research on ATS, it only makes sense that forums would provide a clear view of opinions regarding any particular subject.

That's not accurate. My "research" on this website is entirely of a personal nature. I came here to read about encounters with the paranormal, particularly what you would refer to as ghosts. A subject that my culture is, sadly, woefully ignorant of.

Wasting time on the internet, you say? I think not. As you can see by the dates of my responses, I'm not exactly glued to my seat replying to this thread. Besides, I'm a time traveler, remember? I've all the time in the world.

I believe I already mentioned in an earlier post that I've been on this mission for far longer than I needed to be.

Either way, I plan on addressing several of the replies here after I've had a bite to eat.

P.S. I rather like the internet.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Does this time travel device resemble what " our people" .... would refer to a bong ???

... haha, I'm not putting you down, but perhaps we can speak of your people's technical acheivements when the peyote wears off.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Tell me... does marijuana ever become legal?
If not... you wanna go back and change somethin'?

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrendoxManishaw

Would it be possible for you to take a picture of your phallic remote control time travel device? I'm sure we would all love to see it.

Also, I can't remember if you said where you are currently living. What made you choose your current location to settle in?

How old are you (in physical years)?

How does your time travel device work?

If only for the comedy factor, I am really enjoying this thread. Particularly the drunken Jesus part.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Grendox, I'm really concerned about the future but boy am I relieved to find out you've seen what's in store for us. My main concern is the political environment. I've read about an obscure philosopher from Austria named Randox Floobington and he seems to be gaining a bit of an underground following. We've seen this before with Hitler. My question is, do you think he is currently controlling things here? (ie some kind of remote mind control of Schwarzenegger, thus causing the collapse of the Californian economy)

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
You mentioned earlier that what people assume to be ghosts or spirits, are actually time travellers. So I assume this means that in the future, time travel becomes relatively widespread? If that is so, I have a question to ask.

Does anyone go back to pre-history (i.e. before humans evolved) and bring back any conclusive evidence of what creatures during this time looked like? Be it, photographs, videos or a live specimen.

The reason I ask this is that people only have fossils and fossil indents to go by when determining the appearance of these creatures, and as such it's really all mostly guess work. Taking this into account, if all it would take to find out would be a simple time travelling expedition, surely someone would have done it.
If they haven't, why not?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
GrendoxManishaw, if time traveling ever gets dull you could always try a career in science fiction comedy. After all, it's a bit of an empty field now that Douglas Adams has passed.

I especially enjoyed your dildo-shaped time machine.

Seriously, you're one funny dude!

[edit on 20/7/2009 by BarryZuckercorn]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I dont know why but i tend to believe people if they say there from dif times or if they say there aliens because i hope they really are maybe once its true and yes i believe you are so what exactly do you mean about you seen the future and the people 10,000 years ago had better technology?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrendoxManishaw
I've been as far forward as 2248.

So which religion is the right one if any? And can you tell if we meet any aliens and begin to get along with them?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
please tell me more about the Korean missile launch does it hurt anyone? please tell me?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm not even going to lie here. I didn't read this entire thread, and I'm not going too. I spent quite a long time reading the message boards where the "John Titor" saga originated almost 10 years ago. I have to say to you that I am not impressed, at least from your first few posts. I admit, the John Titor saga was a fascinating one, but don't try to be a copy-cat. Many long-winded conversations and inquiries eventually led to his story being a hoax, with quite a bit of evidence to back it up. If you want a long-winded debate on this forum about how you are a time traveller than produce something REALLY solid. Otherwise, I ask you respectfully, please stop. I am a *very* open-minded individual but at some point the false claims for attention, marketing or other personal gain *has* to be stopped, and if it cannot be stopped then it should be ignored by all.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

wow, acid is one hell of a drug.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Crap, I have to wait until the 2040s? I'll be OLD then!

Well, at least my kids will still be young.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Looks like he never came back from that bite to eat...how sad, it was really quite amusing.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The future is not so terrible. I have vivid recollection of my life in Denmark from the 2040's to the 2060's. During that time I was a girl named Eden, as such I didn't understand things on a wide scale. Instead I remember the little things, like my mom's collection of Coldplay videos, or the medoly her car would play before it started the engine, or the uneven concrete that spanned the 3rd and uppermost level of the Oresundbron, or the little yellow pedestrian bridge that traversed a drainage canal just outside an industrial plant known today as Sysav which was the last thing I saw before I died around 2060 as a teenager. Little details like the movie I downloaded that made fun of people from this present era, about a televangelist in the USA who took a poor black man into his home as a show of fake charity, and the clash of personalities that endsued between them.

Anyone can remember future incarnations like this if you choose to. I have very detailed recollections that I've posted on other websites. I don't think anyone really read them. Details about technology and culture and little things like how cars are styled. I don't have any evidence that anyone didn't think I was crazy for what I posted so I don't know why I would post it here. But life is not so terrible. From that life I don't remember stories of any 2012 harvest or world war three. What I do remember was my parents telling me before I was born our economy ground to a halt because tensions in the mid-east caused all shipments of oil/gas to Europe to stop completely for quite some time. BUt in the years after that happened, while I was incarnated as Eden people still drove cars, powered by gasoline. The only difference was that at gas stations you had to fill out government paperwork before you could gas up your car and the cashier was behind bulletproof glass. Since I was too young to drive the motorized tricycle I longed for, there was a train I rode from Coopenhagen to Sweden that was slapped together during the energy crisis but because life had already returned to normal since then I was usually the only one riding the train. It would venture out across the Oresundbron and there would be thick automobile traffic in virtual gridlock on the lower levels below me.

The computer I kept in my room for my dairy was an Apple computer handed down to me by my mom. It was a transparent glass tablet that was touch-sensitive with no keyboard. I would turn it on and in the center would be the Apple logo and application icons would branch out radially from the center. I would touch an icon and it would move to the center and more icons would branch out from it. There was no rectangular viewing screen, documents would appear opaque like paper and my dairy entries were written with a stylus that looked like an asparagus spear (long story, unrelated) This wAs I wrote my handwriting would morph into plain text.

My parents computer was more sophisticated in that you held your face up to a set of viewing goggles and your work area appeared in 3 dimensions around you. Email was mostly all I used their computer for because I could attach expressive animations of my face to convey my mood along with what I wrote.

Take good care of your car if you have a descent one now. Because more of todays cars are around in the 2040's than you might suspect. There are some environmental retrofits you might have to do such as a plastic diaper that wraps around the wheels and undercarriage to trap and contain pollutants that would otherwise wash away into groundwater. Word of advice, don't expect environmentalism to disappear in the next thrity years. Instead expect that some people (like Eden) take it on as religion, with nature churches that study druidism.

Anyone reading this can remember a future life as if it already happened, because incarnation is cyclical and when your mind reaches outside your current lifetime, time is not as linear as you might expect.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well, I have some questions to ask:

1. How far back in time can you go?

2. Were there any flying cars yet?

3. How is invisibility technology going?

4. Does Apple, Inc. still exist?

5. Have you met aliens?

6. How is life like in 50 years?

7. How is population in the future?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ymunio
The future is not so terrible. I have vivid recollection of my life in Denmark from the 2040's to the 2060's. During that time I was a girl named Eden, as such I didn't understand things on a wide scale. Instead I remember the little things, like my mom's collection of Coldplay videos, or the medoly her car would play before it started the engine, or the uneven concrete that spanned the 3rd and uppermost level of the Oresundbron, or the little yellow pedestrian bridge that traversed a drainage canal just outside an industrial plant known today as Sysav which was the last thing I saw before I died around 2060 as a teenager. Little details like the movie I downloaded that made fun of people from this present era, about a televangelist in the USA who took a poor black man into his home as a show of fake charity, and the clash of personalities that endsued between them.

Anyone can remember future incarnations like this if you choose to. I have very detailed recollections that I've posted on other websites. I don't think anyone really read them. Details about technology and culture and little things like how cars are styled. I don't have any evidence that anyone didn't think I was crazy for what I posted so I don't know why I would post it here. But life is not so terrible. From that life I don't remember stories of any 2012 harvest or world war three. What I do remember was my parents telling me before I was born our economy ground to a halt because tensions in the mid-east caused all shipments of oil/gas to Europe to stop completely for quite some time. BUt in the years after that happened, while I was incarnated as Eden people still drove cars, powered by gasoline. The only difference was that at gas stations you had to fill out government paperwork before you could gas up your car and the cashier was behind bulletproof glass. Since I was too young to drive the motorized tricycle I longed for, there was a train I rode from Coopenhagen to Sweden that was slapped together during the energy crisis but because life had already returned to normal since then I was usually the only one riding the train. It would venture out across the Oresundbron and there would be thick automobile traffic in virtual gridlock on the lower levels below me.

The computer I kept in my room for my dairy was an Apple computer handed down to me by my mom. It was a transparent glass tablet that was touch-sensitive with no keyboard. I would turn it on and in the center would be the Apple logo and application icons would branch out radially from the center. I would touch an icon and it would move to the center and more icons would branch out from it. There was no rectangular viewing screen, documents would appear opaque like paper and my dairy entries were written with a stylus that looked like an asparagus spear (long story, unrelated) This wAs I wrote my handwriting would morph into plain text.

My parents computer was more sophisticated in that you held your face up to a set of viewing goggles and your work area appeared in 3 dimensions around you. Email was mostly all I used their computer for because I could attach expressive animations of my face to convey my mood along with what I wrote.

Take good care of your car if you have a descent one now. Because more of todays cars are around in the 2040's than you might suspect. There are some environmental retrofits you might have to do such as a plastic diaper that wraps around the wheels and undercarriage to trap and contain pollutants that would otherwise wash away into groundwater. Word of advice, don't expect environmentalism to disappear in the next thrity years. Instead expect that some people (like Eden) take it on as religion, with nature churches that study druidism.

Anyone reading this can remember a future life as if it already happened, because incarnation is cyclical and when your mind reaches outside your current lifetime, time is not as linear as you might expect.

Wow ... so midcentury will still be something of a post-1990s state, just like this decade?

I'm not gonna discount your experience, because it very well could be true, but that's certainly not how I envision the mid-21st century.

Interesting read though.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
hi all.

this is the SECOND TIME in about a month that i was typing a nice reply and low and behold the page goes "back" and then there is no way for me to retrieve my partly finished post! all of my steam is spent so i will just have to say that the more "real" is my post, with much much more to it than of a blurb, the more chance it is that the post will go POOF before i finish it!!

i will have to type in wordpad, ONLY, i guess, then paste, or quite posting altogther. i was so irked last month I posted in the forums a dedicated thread just to address this problem!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

freestone

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
hi all.

what I was trying to say, before my post got zapped out of existance by a misplaced keystroke, and now I place my reply in wordpad, is this: that for ME, i feel that the time traveler is a bit too too "pessimistic" and cynical for my liking! Seems to me that anyone with such a rich background of experiences should be much much more Aware and
knowing, of the human condition.
I get the impression that all spirits and ghosts, to him, are other travelers. thus no afterlife, no heaven, yet another restatement of that phrase, "life's a bitch then you die"!

I would wnat my future seer to be mysterious and exploritive, not sounding like a multi-marketer from a large northen city who sees life in only the term$ of dollar$, and the
"the toys you own count for all" mentality!

I would not want to live in *his* seen future!

freestone

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join