Your future isn't so terrible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Mayans believed 2012 to be the final year in humanity's history, that it in that year we, for whatever reason, bring about the destruction of the planet and ourselves. They were wrong. I know because I've seen it. I've been as far forward as 2248. Some people have predicted human beings to wipe themselves out much earlier than this, but I can tell you for sure this isn't the case. The world is a very interesting place. I think you wouldn't believe some of the things that are happening in 2060 but I'd like to share. I've been living among your people for the last twenty-seven years. I am not from the future. In fact, I am from long ago. Your technology is quite impressive, but would it surprise you to learn that over 10,000 years ago there was technology that rivals that of todays?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
From the past? That's interesting. "Isn't so terrible" doesn't sound very promising to me. I'm guessing things aren't so good either, then?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
do you manage to have some kind of proof to substantiate your claims? other wise im sorry to say this thread will either be ripped to shreds in short order or be forgotten very fast.

Not to say your not telling the truth or anything but people here request/demand a certain amount of proof before they are willing to take claim seriously.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I have never seen any proof that the Mayan's predicted an end of the world type of scenario. I thought it was just that their calendar ended on Dec 21, 2012, perhaps to begin a new period of existance. Anyone have any information on this?

OP, I, too, have experienced seeing beyond 2012. Nothing specific as regards Earth, though. Just saw myself existing forever in some form or another.

And what I saw wasn't in anyway terrible, nor anything that "isn't so terrible".

[edit on 20-11-2008 by kyred]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GrendoxManishaw

Do beings that live as long as you get diarrhoea?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrendoxManishaw
I think you wouldn't believe some of the things that are happening in 2060 but I'd like to share.

Please do.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

would it surprise you to learn that over 10,000 years ago there was technology that rivals that of todays?

Would it surprise you to know that a majority of people on this site are going to flame you beyond belief..?

I want in!

So you have traveled forward as far as 2248...why did you stop there? Did your flux capacitor fail you or does that particular year frown upon the mentally challenged...?

I think you wouldn't believe some of the things that are happening in 2060

Kinda like we don't believe your thread...

You know, they have a short story forum - you should take this crap there...on the other hand, maybe not - your creative ability seems to lack substance...they'll probably flame you there as well...

gamrmr edit!

[edit on 11/20/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

It appears that you develop your own form of time travel. As you can imagine, as a "time traveler" myself, I was quite intrigued by this turn of events. In the year 2023 this will all be made public knowledge. Unfortunately, it appears that either capabilities are very limited or are just extremely downplayed. It isn't until 2047 that the general public has a chance to realise the whole truth. What's really interesting, however, is what happens in the year 2058. A form of time travel is made available to the 'average joe' .

While this is interesting in its own right, it's not nearly as interesting as how it relates to what you call "spirits" or "ghosts"

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
How did you learn English if you're from 10,000 years ago?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My views on time and our possible traversal of it:

The knife's edge of The Now slices our existence quite cleanly in most cases. Yet Then and When are more than words describing our memories and plans. The past and future can be fleeting moments or great epochs, and the transition from one to the other varies from the tick of a clock to the rotation of galaxies. If past and future events exist somewhere in our minds, then they do exist, perhaps even concurrently within the now itself. Possibility gives rise to reality through a conscious observer. Memories of one’s perceived reality can allow their consciousness to instantly traverse backwards through their timeline. Likewise, imagination allows forward traversal through timelines, as well as beyond birth and death.

If you've been beyond 'the now,' you've probably imagined it. Surprisingly though, visualization is a pretty popular way to see beyond our timeline (and it's better than guessing) ...but I doubt you've actually been there.

Consequently, the only physical time travel you've ever experienced has been while tagging along with 'the now' as it traverses local spacetime (just as all other conscious beings stuck within this point in time and space).

[edit on 20/11/08 by Evasius]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sroek
How did you learn English if you're from 10,000 years ago?

I was thinking the same thing! I did reread the original post and noticed he said he's been with us for over 20 years. I guess he's had time to learn? Not saying I believe this. Just saying ...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The mayan's didn't predict the end of humanity nor the planet. The calendar trys to pinpont the end of the world. The "World" is only a cycle, like a day or a year. Your failure to see this most simple thing sudgest, to me anyway, that all these things you think you see should be rejected. Because if you judge what you believe you've "seen" with as much clarity as you've understood the 2012 phenomenon, it becomes very clear that your visions and understandings are very cloudy and confused. Clean out your own waters so that what you give to drink might not make another sick with your sickness.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

If you are from aprox 10k years ago then you are actually, egiptian then? or chinese, or indian?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Mayan's didn't predict the end of the world or humanity. The Mayan calender actually was a spiritual calender that is kinda like a schedule for consciousness. Only now with science can we actually see how accurate the calender was. So sorry to say you are pretty far off. The end of the Mayan calender is just that the end of the Mayan calender and the beginning of the "Golden Age" as some would call it. The Mayan calender isn't attached to anything physical at all. You might want to go back in time to do some more research. In December 21st 2012 humanity will finally realize we are all connected and everything that separates us inc. religion, money, nations, and races will all be insignificant. I don't claim to be from another time or place, I just did a little research into this and it is what I feel best explains everything I have ever wondered or thought about. Look into the research done by Carl Johan Calleman and Ian lungold if you want some more very interesting information on the Mayan calender. It is only truth if it resonates with you!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Basically, that is what it is. The doom and gloomers are the ones perpetrating the whole "world is going to end in 2012" hype. The Mayans didn't say that. They said the "age" would end... That is not the same as saying that the "world is ending." People do the same thing with the book of Revelatio, so, it's no surprise.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrendoxManishaw
reply to post by mmariebored

It appears that you develop your own form of time travel. As you can imagine, as a "time traveler" myself, I was quite intrigued by this turn of events. In the year 2023 this will all be made public knowledge... It isn't until 2047 that the general public has a chance to realise the whole truth. What's really interesting, however, is what happens in the year 2058. A form of time travel is made available to the 'average joe' .

If anything, it makes sense that this knowledge would scare the leaders of the world and anyone coming close to the truth about time travel would be contained or destroyed.

Unfortunately, it appears that either capabilities are very limited or are just extremely downplayed....While this is interesting in its own right, it's not nearly as interesting as how it relates to what you call "spirits" or "ghosts"

This is the only real way to "time travel", though what we call our "spirit/soul" etc. , because it isn't contained by time and space, only controlled and trapped by our bodies because we allow it to be.

Originally posted by Evasius
If past and future events exist somewhere in our minds, then they do exist, perhaps even concurrently within the now itself. Possibility gives rise to reality through a conscious observer. Memories of one’s perceived reality can allow their consciousness to instantly traverse backwards through their timeline.

Which is the first step in "time travel", learning where the paths are and taking them forward, rather than back.

I don't believe this is ever going to be "public knowledge", though, because of the dangers. But that's just a guess.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

What is wrong with you people?! Asking about 2060 and 2248? I might not even be around in 2060! What we should be asking, and what is most important here, is what are the winning Powerball numbers for this Saturday night?

Seriously, can you give us any specifics- any important dates and events to back up what you saying. Perhaps something coming soon, so we can prove it. Even next year's Superbowl winner. Because if I had the gift of foresight I would be a bettin' woman.

Oh, and U2U me the numbers, would ya?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Forgive me for my ignorance of the Mayan calender. I must admit, I've only briefly scanned the information available. In fact, what little I know I've gathered from this website. I've noticed a common fixation with the year 2012 here, the world ending, and many claiming to believe this because of the Mayan calender ending at that point.

I'm actually quite confused as to how my error in understanding of how their calender works ruins the validity or anything I say or proves that I'm not a time traveler. In fact, I find it to be quite irrelevant. I've never claimed to be an historian. Does one need a great knowledge of the past to travel to the future? Admittedly, I probably should not have mentioned the calender in my original post and, for that, I apologize.

You may be wondering why I even bothered making this post at all? I simply wanted to start a dialogue with the members of this site. I was originally drawn here, in part, by my fascination with the paranormal. The majority of my people did not believe in the afterlife; I belonged to a culture that treated science very much as their religion. To them, what little time we have on this earth is ALL we have. To believe that there is life after death, or a soul is laughable. Don't get me wrong, not EVERYONE feels that way, but the overwhelming majority do. I wouldn't be lying to tell you I was more than a bit disheartened to find out that what we think of as ghosts are merely fellow time travelers. I'll get to that later, though. First, I'd like to address some of the questions laid forth to me in this thread.

I noticed one of you was curious as to how I learned english. As I mentioned earlier, I haven't been home for over twenty years. Much of my early travel was spent in 18th century france. I first came to your United States in 1928. I'm currently in England, in a few hours I may be in Chicago. Why? The answer to that is overwhelming confusing. I think one, no, I know that one of you WILL figure this out in due course.

Either way, I've had more than enough time to adapt to your ways and even learn your language. In fact, that was one of the reasons I was chosen to go on this journey. I've always picked up other languages(especially speaking them) rather quickly.

I noticed another poster asked about my racial makeup. I'm quite similar in appearance to what your people call asians. My tribe call ourselves what would be pronounced in your language sounding very similar to "Grendox". I think you would find our social structure rather fascinating. I am a "nialect" which is basically equal to your middle class.

In 2047 a scientist by the name of Robin Santra effectively "blows the whistle" on time travel, presenting overwhelming proof of its existance to the general public. The proof is, in fact, so good that people are shocked. I really don't think your people were ready for this. You may be asking yourself, "If the government has access to a time machine, why didn't they just go back and stop this man before he could talk?" The answer is very simple. The method of time travel your people use is quite ineffective. I don't think they could have done this if they wanted to. Early experiments in changing history failed miserably, so much so that people wondered if the machines worked at all. Many of your christians raised theories that the machines themselves were simply a portal to hades. In some ways, I'd tend to agree.

I apologize but it seems that I can't send a U2U until I have twenty posts.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by GrendoxManishaw]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You may have heard of John Titor. Do you know the name?

This forum exercises a healthy degree of skepticism. As such, we also like to exercise discernment. If you have been to the future, I'm sure you have pictures to prove it, right?

If you are currently "jumping" and would like to establish real credentials with us, can you jump a few days in the future and report here now? I'd pay more attention to what you are saying if you could provide some proof.

With all due respect, I have an open mind, but I really get exhausted by people with outrageous claims and no tangible proof. Nothing against you and we hope you can understand that.

The ball is in your court!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just an observation, but it doesn't seem to me that this person cares much for impressing anyone here. It's an interesting discussion, anyway. Mind-expanding.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join