It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is buying a car at half price at GM duable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Im thinking if we wait a bit longer, GM will be desperate for cash, so im thinking if going in and low balling them with cash in hand giving me any hope of getting any car on the lot at half the price!! i dont NEED a car, but seems like a good opportunity to come in with hard cash and telling them you want this car at 1/2 the invoice or leave and come back another day, or try another dealer and keep trying till the day they fail and maybe score big?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I no expert but I did learn a few things from an old High school buddy who grew up to be GM for a Dodge dealership...

the trick is to watch for what they have parked on the back lots. that's were they park the cars they used as loaners and demo's if they don't sell in 180 days the get shipped off to a wholesale auction... do your picking form those then you might just get one for half price...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I no expert but I did learn a few things from an old High school buddy who grew up to be GM for a Dodge dealership...

the trick is to watch for what they have parked on the back lots. that's were they park the cars they used as loaners and demo's if they don't sell in 180 days the get shipped off to a wholesale auction... do your picking form those then you might just get one for half price...

is there a way to tell what lots are back lots? because some might be cars that need repair or some lots are just an overflow lot?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I was thinking about this too last night. But if they sell the car for a cheap price and then they close shop, what about warranty. What happens when something happens to the car that should be covered under warranty, who would fix it? I think that if it comes down to it the big 3 will probably make and sell lemons with no warranty so they can get away with what they can.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I work currently at a Dodge Chrysler and Jeep dealer. The short answer to your question is no it won't matter if you have cash in hand or just a dwon payment. The Dealership still has to pay for the car and I GUARANTEE you that they own it for a lot more than half the window sticker. There are times when you actually get additional rebates from the banks in addition to the manufactures rebate to finance so your sale price on said vehicle might actually be lower if you were to get a loan for it!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm afraid this is about as closed to a smokin' deal you're going to get...

Buy a $40k Chrysler Pacifica, and get a PT Cruiser for $1.
www.businessweek.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I work for a dealership. Not a GM dealership... Thank goodness! I think your half off scheme would work.................................................................................................................................................. ...............................................................................................................................If it wasn't for the fact that the dealership has already paid for the vehicle.

you're not dealing directly with GM and should u try this, I'd be highy doubtful it'd work. Just because the vehicle was already bought for ______. You could beat them up really good and probobly get it for what they did, but not much more.

Demos are a good way to save some scratch. Get one with 3,000 miles and a full warrenty. Also, Our used car lot has a lot of vehiles that are 15,000 old. We get them from numerous places and they are sold at a heck of a savings.

Educate yourself before you go in. The market is (obviously) right to buy, but your knowledge of your trade or the vehicle you're looking into will get you the best deal. Or come see me....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I am autorizing an ATS discount at my store.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm from Germany. Soory my English language is not so good. (German and french is perfect) I want to buy in the Florida state an new big US Car. Perhaps a Lincoln Town Car, a Mustang GT or an Mercury Grand Marquis, a Hummer H3T or an Ford F150. It depends alone on the price. Condition is for the half official list price. I dont need a warranty and credit. I'l pay cash.
Thank you for your idees and proposals.
My internet adress is [email protected]

top topics

join