It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory on Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't know if I'm the only one that thinks this, but....

I see global warming as a real threat, and yes there will be many that will say nay, and come up with pleanty of articles that have popped up on the internet during the last five years but to me it doesn't add up, none of it does.

The reason I think the temperature hasn't escalated to the point of baking is due to the glaciers, I've always thought they were more like checks and balances to heat.

I think the disinformation that is being given to us is coming in the form of *what if so much fresh water desalts the water stoping the underwater currents*

I think as the water melts, its feeding our oceans cool water as to keep the temperature down, I did some research on this and have found as the glaciers melt and break off, the temperature goes down.... call me crazy but I see a connection.

I haven't done a full research on it, but their seems to be a relationship between the ice melting and the temperature going down, but what I am seeing is that we don't have much Ice left *duh* and its melting at an alarming rate, when the ice runs out, where taking many degree's going up especially in the north and south pole...

Any help or comments would be appreciated

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
When Global warming became an industry, all truth went out the window. Its very hard to believe anything from either side of the argument.

Obviously climate change is real.. where the problems and solutions lie are still a complete mystery to everyone.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I agree with you completely. And even though it seems like the global warming story seems to dying quite quickly, I dont see a problem with going 'green'. Alot of the things on the market are now energy efficient and this means we arent exhausting the planet out of resources as fast.

I dont agree with green houses gases and such, I believe we are entering a mild ice age. Just like the one that the Dark Ages saw.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Agree with the last two posters, dont be worrying about global warmning, its very natural, and also there is PLENTY of ice o the planet, scientists said this year would be "ice-free", yeah right, theres 30 percent MORE this year than last, man made global warming is a SCAM, I too think we are entering a mini ice age.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
When Global warming became an industry, all truth went out the window. Its very hard to believe anything from either side of the argument.

Obviously climate change is real.. where the problems and solutions lie are still a complete mystery to everyone.

This is probably the most accurate description of this issue I have ever read. Particularly with that hypocrite Al Gore running the show. Nice post dude.

My wife recently brought home a compact florescent bulb to replace an incandescent that had burned out. I found it ironic how the tree huggers are espousing the merits of these bulbs because it was wrapped in the hard clear plastic one has to cut off with a pair of scissors......so much for "green".

top topics

join