It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Three Depression risk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looking at the positive side of things...... just think of the great "Boxing Day" / "Going out of Business" sales there will be.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

When you "put" your hat on :p are you reffering to this whole thing being planned as a means to creat a NWO or perhaps a NAU? Because for me I still can't believe that people would allow what would need to occur to get these plans fulfilled. were talking about marshall law in almost all countries, and mass deaths......call me niave but i just can't see people as being that evil.

But that is just me, i guess time will tell in the end.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Actually it depends how deep the US will sink down before we may see the slow down and global depression.

The so call 2012 predictions of doom and gloom has more to do with economic meltdown that religious issues, perhaps by then the light will be at the end of the tunnel and not the other way around.

Remember all the new and emerging developing countries depend on the US consumerism to survive, we import more than we export so those emerging countries will be hit hard when Americans can not longer affort their goods.

I can only imagine that the reason this economic downfall was not stopped when it was signs of things to come because is always somebody making profits at the expenses of the nation falling into decay.

That is why the housing mess was allowed to get as bad as it did until it came crashing, a lot of money was made during the good old days.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

I don't know about martial law or mass deaths. But what happens when 1 in 5 are unemployed? What happens when people struggle to get food and heat in the winter? I think people will cave to their designs very quickly. my guess is we haven't seen anything yet.

edit: people have been capable of the most heinous crimes against humanity. Evil is very real don't be naive.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by 2 cents]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2 cents
reply to post by BlackOps719

I live in Charlotte NC. Here we were pretty well insulated from the housing bust, but now things are changing. The construction boom is ending fast. unemployment here is a little over 6%. I know several people struggling to find a job.

I really believe that we are going to witness the worst global depression ever. I also think that it was no accident or natural business cycle. I think it was caused so that out of the ashes a brave new world could emerge.

I am very familiar with the situation in Charlotte as I am only less than 100 miles from you, also in NC.

The housing values haven't yet been obliterated here like they have in Florida, California and Michigan, but Charlotte is so heavily weighted by the banking and mortgage industries that there are bound to be a ton of layoffs and high unemployment to come.

Im looking into buying some land off the grid up near Asheville. I figure those mountains have provided a means of survival for many a poor and hungry soul in the past. I will leave the metro areas to burn....Im getting out of the city for good.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That is my point as well when talking about my Country. If the US economy fails i truley believe that Canada will be the first country to fall after them. We can not survive without our big brother from the south. I mean wether my fellow canadians want to admit it or not. Canada being called the unofficial 51 state is not without it's merit.

80% thats right 80% of our exports go directly south...I mean even a total idiot could see what would happen should 80% of the money we make exporting suddently stops....especially when you consider out of our countries actual profits from exporting is analyzed.....it is about 95% of the money coming in comes from the states 95% is just staggering when you think about it.

I mean how much more could one country rely on another other than Canada on the States.

And it works both ways when you consider that 75% of what the States export goes directly north of the border...our two countries are so inter dependant on each other, you can see where people draw the conclusion of Canada being a 51 states of America.

Dont take this as a bashing either. I like America....I go there every year and everyone is pretty freindly to me.....I honestly dont see where people draw thier conclusions on America like they do. If they are throwing the whole country into one catagory simpley because of the governmnet...well thats wrong. Because in my opinion America is a great country.

Of course they are no Canada

just kidding.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I love the mountains. We hike every weekend (always someplace new). I know the mountains well. Wish I could get a place up there.

My GF has a house cleaning business and its still hanging in there. She has lost clients over the past few months because they can't afford it. She lost one yesterday because they are afraid of being laid off. It's getting tougher to replace these clients.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about the troubles you GF is having with her buisness, but i truely believe we are going to start seeing alot of this kind of thing....as everything slows down, all these small buisnesses will be the first to go...the ones who have now way of getting the help they need to keep operating.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

Thanks, I try not to worry. I mean whatya gonna do? - huh? Just go with the flow and keep the mind open to new opportunities and potentials. Life, family and friends are more important than money anyway. Just pull together when things get tough and remember it can't stay down forever.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Can't agree with you more man. My immediate family has prepared should things get really bad. my parents have a decent sized house in the country with plenty of land for growing food. so other than that there is not much more i can do, just incase everything goes bad.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

Yes you are right America is not down in its knees yet, but the moron politicians we have, have their heads so up in the pockets and butts of corporate America that they are the ones that are causing the problems to become worst with their moronic corporate ridden policies.

You already has seen what their bail out decision against the America tax payer without the tax payer blessing is doing.

Things are not getting any better, the recession, depression and down fall has to happen before we see a better future this will not last for ever, but with this morons in the government they can make it worst for the tax payer and hard working force.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I want to see their bonuses for pulling off this lark. Double bonus all round? Written off on petty cash?
Here in uk we've had a bank exec apologising, and saying 'sorry,' a massive, humiliating ten times. He probably got ten times as many share options for his efforts.
Don't worry too much for him, it's not all bad, he WILL get severance pay.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The one problem with the idea of making the companies remove the CEO's is the fact they will most likely just replace them with another idiot who will do a just as bad if not worse job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join