It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama Bail Out GM, Chrysler and Ford?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Will Obama Bail Out GM, Chrysler and Ford?

blogs.wsj.com

The auto industry is the backbone of American manufacturing and a critical part of our attempt to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. I would like to see the Administration do everything they can to accelerate the retooling assistance that Congress has already enacted. In addition, I have made it a high priority for my transition team to work on additional policy options to help the auto industry adjust, weather the financial crisis, and succeed in producing fuel-efficient cars here in the United States. I have asked my team to explore what we can do under current law and whether additional legislation will be needed for this purpose.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Let Detroit Go Bankrupt

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
none of you are gear heads.

as imported automotive are more fuel efficient and cheaper to produce, their engine design lacks that of American Manufacture. Our engines have been proven to TOPPLE over opponents shelf-life.

and Gm, Ford and Chrysler work in co-operation (yet still in competition) in order to help maintain America's leading development in technology and to remain ontop of the global automotive market. the same way windows has bailed out and re-established apple throughout the late 90's.

Our frame construction and safety precautions have also TOPPLED over that of imported.

In this dire time they need the bail, so that if this proclaimed depression hits, our automotive industry will once again play a big role in getting us out of it.

blogs.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by shot youth
as imported automotive are more fuel efficient and cheaper to produce, their engine design lacks that of American Manufacture. Our engines have been proven to TOPPLE over opponents shelf-life.

Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Is that some opponents or all? Chinese/Japanese/Russian/German/French/Italian or British? Because last time I checked, GM and Chrysler were rubbish cars..

Ford on the other hand is a quality brand to be proud of.

I would still prefer to drive a VW, Volvo or BMW though.. nicer design, more comfortable, cleaner and better resale value.

Gm, Ford and Chrysler work in co-operation (yet still in competition) in order to help maintain America's leading development in technology and to remain ontop of the global automotive market. the same way windows has bailed out and re-established apple throughout the late 90's.

Yes, because they are such great companies that they all need to be bailed out by the US government or else inch the US closer to depression

new topics

join