It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposition 8 "The Christians Did It" Conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
But hey, that's just my take on the matter

Aye, that's cool.

What I'm sort of expressing is that there will be a certain number of voters who would never vote to allow gay marriage or full civil rights. A good proportion would be christians - the right-wing theocratic conservatives are barely worth reasoning with. And this is illustrated well enough on this very forum.

I also think there are a number of non-religious who would also fit the 'not worth the effort' category. Even with the force of society and the law proscribing racist behaviour, racism is still an issue. And 40 years after LGBTs get full protection from discrimination (and it will happen), homophobia will still be an issue with a number of people.

Some people just have such tendencies. And, yeah, a few might still vote to allow full rights for LGBTs, but their homophobia will still inform their judgment. Morality is for many people a primarily disgust-based gut reaction, some can overcome it. If we can school the rest in using their frontal lobes rather than their primitive reactions, we might get somewhere with this group.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by melatonin]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join