It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the World ends on 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If I can be allowed to ask a kinda dumb question but mean it in a serious way... Why is the end of the world, global economic meltdowns and the second coming always happening on 2012? Is it stricktly because of the Myan calender? Or is there something I'm missing?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
because it always does.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

you know it would really save you some trouble and other ATSers trouble if you just simply searched the 100's of threads ATS has on the different reasons why it will end in 2012...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
First of all, as with the bible, people are confused about the year 2012 and what it entails. The Mayans didn't say the "world would end" on 2012.... What they DID say is that the AGE wpuld end. There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am sorry if this thread is redundant. Only I cannot see why the infatuation with the number 2012. No matter the event, it's always that number. It's puzzling. I know some have said the Bible states it and others have visions of it, but it's almost like this number is revered.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
I know some have said the Bible states it

I don't know who said that, but they are misled. The bible doesn't give any specific date for the "end." Most of the 2012 talk is derived from the Mayan calendar...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thank you SpeakerOfTruth!

Sorry to annoy Baseball!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Nemesis/Nibiru will be visible in the Northern Hemisphere for the first time in the summer of 2011, one year before it passes by the Earth. Followed by earthquakes, floods, famine, plague, super-volcanoes, asteroids, and the general destruction of civilization and maybe mankind.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Okay December 21st 2012 is when the Mayan Calendar ends.

21+12= 33 for 33rd degree mason!!

Do you think the Mayan's were Mason's????

See the way I see it is the same people who used wormholes to travel back in time to write the bible and our history, gave the Mayan's their information and had them end the calendar on 12/21/2012 to denote the 33rd degree mason's final step. Or maybe it's 12=3, 21=3, and 12=3 so 3/3/3 multiply each by 2 because we didn't add the 20 to anything, and you get 6/6/6 or the mark of the beast.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nisei

?

I think many of you hope the world is ending cause you don't like it, but you wont' get off your butts and change it.

"Welcome to the Universe, can I take your order please?"

"Yes. Hi. Can I have one McLazy with a a medium doitforme."

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaye

????

Exactly that's why I wrote that....nobody knows WHY the there is so much doom and gloom associated with a date that also happens to correspond to a date from an ancient civilizations calendar.

I guess we will all find out on Decemeber 21st of 2012 now won't we?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nisei

????? 21.12.2012 shall be the number of the beast????

then it must be 2+1=3 / 1+2=3 / 20 (?) / 1+2=3
3 3 2 3
how could it be 666????
then it must be 3+3+3.2 and this would be 21 or 12. 12. 2102

so we have a new date

what you think about this?

Nia

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Jkd Up
I know some have said the Bible states it

I don't know who said that, but they are misled. The bible doesn't give any specific date for the "end." Most of the 2012 talk is derived from the Mayan calendar...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

Doesn't the bible also say that no man will know nor predict the day the world will end?

Could be wrong but sense the bible came up thought I would ask.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by roknhrdcor
Nemesis/Nibiru will be visible in the Northern Hemisphere for the first time in the summer of 2011, one year before it passes by the Earth. Followed by earthquakes, floods, famine, plague, super-volcanoes, asteroids, and the general destruction of civilization and maybe mankind.

This is a lie. It takes Jupiter like 12 years to around the sun. For an object such as what this hoax claims to be passing by us in 2012, it would have to be about Jupiter or Saturn distance away right now. For it to not be visible now, and have to be visible in 2011 and then effect us in 2012, it would have to be moving near the speed of light.

These are huge distances to cover. For it to be here in 2012, we'd already be feeling enormous effects from it. Not a few earthquakes and tidal waves that happen every so often.

Furthermore, you are taking on 2 different cultures into 1. The summerians are the ones who talked about nibiru, and the mayans about 2012. 1 was in modern day Iraq, the other in Central/South America. The mayans with the 2012 date never not once mention this planet. If you have done any research into the mayans, you will know that they are very big on evolving consciousness.

The dates on this stupid nibiru thing keep changing. It's a prime example of how people who put out the nibiru hoax attach themselves to anything that gets it attention.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I also saw a video of a guy claiming the calendar doesn't end on that day it just goes from the forth to the fifth progression.

He also stated sense the Mayans believed there would be great disasters on that day because the earth and sun would be aligned with a black mass in the center of the galaxy which would allow the evil spirits to travel to earth and cause chaos and devastation. From there he said a rumor started to run rampant that the calendar ended that day but in actuality we have another 26000 years to go until the 5th progression of the long count calendar is over.

So are we in the 4th or 5th progression I guess is the real question.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You know, sometimes I hope the world really does end in 2012. That way I would never have to hear about it again.

I say this knowing that when the world keeps spinning on Jan. 1, 2013, that the loonies out there will just come up with another date.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Problem with this is that it is only lined up in our perception. It is not lined up if you are not looking at it from the earth. The more likely explanation I think would be dealing with the dwarf galaxy we eat, that creates a dark rift across the universe, and entering it. I honestly have no idea if we are even close to that. We revolve around the sun, but the sun also revolves around the center of the galaxy. To do a complete revolution around the black hole is a "galactic year" I guess.

A calendar is meant to keep track of time.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nisei

Jesus christ some people are absolutely moronic.

Doing sums and #? Damn.

If you look hard enough, you can find anything. I think you looked hard, and you found what you were looking for.

Your own imagination.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks for your input on this thread! Great stuff. I don't hope the world ends, or civilization collapses, but as a Raiders fan: I sure can't wait for the season to end

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Will the next Progression be moving forward or back to a more primative way?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join