It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors Find Worm In Woman's Brain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I guess the question is how do you get rid of them?

I think I lost my appetite.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I saw a picture of a fly that had grown up inside a brain...what a horrible fate.

I'm not normally squeamish, but this makes me want to forgo lunch for awhile...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
theres a slug parasite that burns out the slugs brain and forces it toward light(up on trees). it lays eggs within and it will get eaten by a bird. The bird will digest it upon the forest floor, and there a colony of this parasite will wait untill another slug drags itself over the bird crap that its festering within.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Treatment is generally with anti-parasitic drugs in combination with anti-inflammatory drugs. Surgery is sometimes necessary to treat cases in the eyes, cases that are not responsive to drug treatment, or to reduce brain edema (swelling). Not all cases of cysticercosis are treated. Often, the decision of whether or not to treat neurocysticercosis is based upon the number of lesions found in the brain and the symptoms. When only one lesion is found, often treatment is not given. If there is more than one lesion, specific anti-parasitic treatment is generally recommended.

If the brain lesion is considered calcified (this means that a hard shell has formed around the tapeworm larvae), the cysticerci is considered dead and specific anti-parasitic treatment is not beneficial.

As the cysticerci die, the lesion will shrink. The swelling will go down, and often symptoms (such as seizures) will go away.

Source

Treatment sounds so easy for something so gross.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Herbal and Organic bombardment

Purchase Cloves, Olive leaf extract & Coq10, Oil of oregano, pomegranate juice, l-cysteine, Garlic and ginger, Black walnut's unripe hulls' juice, pumpkin seeds, Wormwood,

Mix dewormers with supplements for Brain circulation, such as gingko, eyebright, phosphytidal choline, lutein, vinpocetine, bilberry, gotu kola, etc.

Aroma therapy. Put tea tree oil on your pillow at night

Colon cleansing

Liver cleansing

You can look up all listed items and purging techniques on the web,

pay attention, dosage can cause you illness

But

Everyone should do a fast and deworm once in awhile

EVERYONE

It's a primary cause of disease as we age from simple Candida to worse conditions a body cleanse should be done at least once a year

sadly our work schedules give us a vacation... and that's it...

But you have to do what you have to do...

you'll live to work allot longer

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Now I have to go and take my medicine. Parasite killing program, cloves, wormwood, blackwalnut husk, that will do the flukes and most others. Can get at health food store at least until 12/31/2009. The tape worm is tough, this one needs Rascal also at heath food store.
Yogurt will kill Ecoli and Sam and illa, in matter of minutes, yogurt will kill lots of bad bugs.

Codex Allimentarius coming to your health food store soon, brought to you by the makers of Zyclone B

[edit on 20-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is a very freaky find. Good job OP. I almost want to go get a brain scan now, knowing that I have ate pork at restraunts. Star and Flag.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Go to Herbalhealer.com
She has a LOT of products for parasites and she is a Christian microbiologist.
Did you know it's illegal for a doctor to show you your blood under a microscope?

GIARDIA - infection rates - 2-15% in various parts of the world
Cryptosporidium - Waterborne outbreak in Milwaukee, Wis. in the water supply in 1993 infected 300,000. Data indicates there are 500 million cryptosporidium infections worldwide.

Genital Protozoa
*TRICHOMONAS - (5 million women and 1 million men in U.S. infected)

Nervous System Protozoa
* NAEGLERIA FOWLERI - Closely resembles bacterial meningitis but is a protozoa found in moist soil and fresh water. Acute suppurative infection of the brain and meninges.

====
Mod Edit: Excessive quoting snipped. Visit site for more info.

[edit on 11/20/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have heard of tapeworm larva getting into the brain.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Imagine if you were Hannabal Lector and were to find worms in the brain you were preparing, what throw out hole meal or just eat around them?

[edit on 20-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I am never eating again.

And, I am going to wash my hands every 5 minutes....no matter what.

It just goes to show that people have to be very careful with preparing food; nothing is safe these days.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR STOMACH DO NOT LOOK IF SQUEEMISH

Not going to actually post Images... it's too much

This is sickening

Parasites of this type in full Bloom

You were warned

Parasites

[edit on 20-11-2008 by mopusvindictus]

Ok. I'll be honest. Your warning did nothing to....well, warn me. OF FRICKIN COURSE WE'RE GOING TO LOOK AFTER THAT KIND OF STATEMENT!

Now, I must willingly admit that I HATE YOU! I don't hate many. Actually, you may be the only human being now on my list for hatred.

Just thought I would share.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why is everyone icknoring me.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My doctor told me that not washing your hands helps build a better immune system, and that people who dont wash their hands usually dont get sick, but he also said not washing hands could be the cause of a severe illness and its not really wise to take the chance. He suggested the use of soaps without anti bacterial ingredients because he said when you use anti bacterial soaps it makes for stronger virus and it makes you more susceptible to disease you would normally be able to fight off. Personally, I think if you have not been washing your hands, stick with it, just be considerate and tell people you cant shake their hands, because of a condition. When you shake peoples hands or eat at fast food, you should always assume they just wiped their bum and didnt wash. Its only common sense.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I starred you!
The whole thing is 'icky'!
Codex Allimentarius is STUPID!

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

I starred you!
The whole thing is 'icky'!
Codex Allimentarius is STUPID!

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Clearskies]

Oh sorry tanks!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Don't hate me,

seriously, it's in the interests of science that I seek to educate others.

(okay I totally knew that would get people to look and i'm a sick sadistic man,)

But you just gave me the belly laugh of the day, I didn't stop laughing for 5 minutes.

Really though, it has to work to encourage people to take these things seriously so in it's own right it actually should be seen, pork is disgusting for you on every level, quit eating (aside from a rare holiday ham) years ago

and

somewhere from that some one of thousands of readers is going to save themselves brain worms

(and i'll have an embolism from laughing so hard, Karmas a witch)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I saw something on the news a few years ago about some Japanese bloke who had headaches and they found worms in his skull, apparently caused by eating some raw fish.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by bicnarok]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If you’ve never heard of Naegleria fowleri, don’t be surprised. Unlike the pork tapeworm, N. fowleri has only infected about 175 people in the world, causing a disease called primary amoebic meningo-cephalitis. But out of those 175 people, only six have survived, giving a mortality rate of 97 percent. For this reason, it is quite an important parasite to study, as there are no current treatments that have proven effective against it.

When an amoeba invades a person, it is normally in its active, reproductive phase. Invasion occurs when the amoeba attaches to the inside of its host’s nose and then travels up the nose to the brain. The amoeba follows the path laid out by the olfactory nerve, although sometimes it can also use the bloodstream. Several enzymes released by the amoeba are able to dissolve the host’s tissues, giving access to the brain. Once in the brain, the amoeba causes damage by actually eating the nerve cells.
Source

Oh boy. Nice find. I had never heard of this before. Scary stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join