It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Supreme Court to Conference on Obama's Presidential Eligibility

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

US Supreme Court to Conference on Obama's Presidential Eligibility

www.blogtext.org

Today, the United States Supreme Court scheduled the case - Leo C. Donofrio v. Nina Mitchell Wells, Secretary of State of the State of New Jersey - US Supreme Court Docket No. 08A407 - for a conference of the nine Justices. The conference is a completely private affair and the public may not attend. If four of the nine Justices vote to hear the case in full, oral argument may be scheduled. The conference is scheduled for December 5, 2008, ten days before the meeting of the Electoral College.

The case originally sought, pre-election, to have the names of Barack Obama, John McCain, and Roger Calero removed from New Jersey ballots, and for a stay of the “national election” pending Supreme Court review of whether those candidates were eligible under the Constitution as natural born Citizens, as is required by Article 2, Section 1, Clause 5 of the Constitution of the United States.

Leo Donofrio brought his case from a lower New Jersey court to the NJ Supreme Court - was denied - and then he filed an emergency stay application in the United States Supreme Court on Nov. 3, 2008, before the Honorable Associate Justice David Souter. Justice Souter denied the emergency stay application on Nov. 6.

Leo Donofrio renewed the application, as per Supreme Court Rule 22.4, to the Honorable Associate Justice Clarence Thomas by way of Express mail on Nov. 14. The application arrived at the Supreme Court on Nov. 17 and was submitted directly to Justice Thomas.

On Nov. 19, the case was docketed for full conference of all nine Justices and scheduled for December 5, 2008.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is the result of the court case described above. The source for this story is the plaintiff's lawyer's website where the original documents can supposedly (the site is very slow right now) be found: www.blogtext.org...

I also checked the docket page at the USSC website and did indeed find the case and it's docket history exactly as described.

Go to the USSC site here: www.supremecourtus.gov... and type in the docket number 08A407 in the search box to find the information.

Looks like this is for real and the mainstream media is so far ignoring it. I'm not sure what exact question the Supremes are being asked to answer or conference about but this sure is interesting!

What do you think?

Are the Supremes about to send the US into another electoral tailspin?

The conference takes place ten days before the Electoral College meets.

www.blogtext.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I hope it is for real. At this point, I think we need to see what's happening and either reveal the nasty truth or put it behind us.

Not sure you posted this link.

Docket

Nov 19 2008 DISTRIBUTED for Conference of December 5, 2008.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If there is going to be any kind of coverup this is where it will happen. The Supremes will have the "final word" on the matter of his birthplace.

The question is what are the plans of the powers that be for the US and which way will they go?

Will the Obama camp play ball with TPTB's agenda sufficiently to be left in place or do TPTB need civil unrest to further their agenda?

I think we can glean the answer depending on whether or not the mainstream media picks up the story.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If you’re beginning to be irritated by the Global monetary meltdown just stay tuned.

President Elect Obama's eligibility to become the President has been struck down by the US Supreme court.

But it’s too late as President Elect Obama has just taken the oath of office. He falls back on Old Hickory’s rhetoric stating...” if they write it. Let them enforce the law...” defying a Supreme Court decision as President Andrew Jackson had already done.

Scary.

Or of course maybe he was born in the US.

edit for grammer.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Wouldn't most of the Supremes be rather critical of Obama and hold his feet to the fire? I think so.

I am not sure I understand this question: Will the Obama camp play ball with TPTB's agenda sufficiently to be left in place or do TPTB need civil unrest to further their agenda? Can you explain why the media's attention would tell the answer?

Talk more please.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

So can the electoral's change there vote after December 5th?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Fletcher33

They haven't voted yet. They don't vote till the 10th. Correction, the 15th. Calling it close...

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There are a few possibilities here;

A) The MSM can ignore it, or spin it into a joke;

2) The MSM can report the facts accurately, demonstrating why this complaint had to be heard in Supreme Court;

III) The MSM can vilify the progenitors of the complaint, invoking every hint of racism and or partisanship as the 'cause'.

I vote for III because they love that kind of yellow crap, and it would incite strong disagreements within the community, thus potentially sparking even more 'news' for our consumption.

The sad part is; we STILL don't have appropriate closure for this issue. The partisans who embrace the 'person' they believe Mr. Obama to be will NOT acquiesce to the requirements specifications to which all other candidates are subject. The partisans who cannot accept the loss of their candidate seem unwilling to accept that there may be various technicalities that fully justify Mr. Obama's eligibility.

I belong to neither group; and all I ask is that due process NOT be eliminated because the majority LOVES Obama. Also, I would personally like to have an accounting of why this wasn't properly adjudicated elsewhere, because this could have been resolved a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It should be interesting. 2 of the justices were appointed by Clinton, 2 by Reagan and 1 by Ford - the rest were by the Bush family.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
All I know is...

Do we REALLY need another thread on this?

We have like a dozen over on the Breaking Political News Forum, and most of those started out in the Breaking Alternative News Forum...

this thread is about to turn into a hate fest... just watch.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

What I meant was that if the mainstream media picks up the story and starts to talk about the possibility that Obama may not be eligible, they will be preparing the population for that possibility and it becomes more likely IMO.

If they ignore the story then the possibility will not even enter the minds of most Americans and we will have a smooth transition.

Right now it looks to me like Obama (not surprisingly) is appointing people in his administration for more of the same kind of leadership we have had since Reagan (i.e. the Clinton/Bush influential dynasty continues) and there is no urgent reason to have the presidency yanked away from him. That option is still there IMO as long as this birthplace thing is hanging over his head.

All speculation, but it's the way my conspiracy mind sees it.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

So far, yours is the only hint of such activity. Why post on a thread you feel is unnecessary?

On many other threads dealing with this issue you see many people throwing around the political spin. No one has done that here. But your comments just may 'invite' such activity. The issue in the OP is clear and direct. The Supreme Court WILL be involved in this matter. What's there to complain about?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Do we REALLY need another thread on this?

As far as I know the Supreme Court of the United States scheduling this conference on Obama's eligibility has not been discussed on this site as of yet.

this thread is about to turn into a hate fest... just watch.
Well, that's a nice way to plant a seed and start the process...

It doesn't have to be that way.

[edit on 11/20/2008 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
[mor

Ah... I see so the electoral votes he won are based on the fact that those states are bound by law to vote based on the popular votes of there state, where the other 24 states that do not require this by law can be changed in December? Do I have this right?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Excellent break down and I agree with your hypothesis. As much as I disagree with how Obama wishes to change things, I want to know exactly why this was not vetted to begin with and why there seems to be no requirement to do so.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Excellent topic. Thanks for posting it.

Flagged and starred.

No one expects this, and maybe it's a topic for another thread, but what if they rule against obama?

Then what?

[edit on 11/20/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Ah, I see. Thank you. That makes sense (even though a bit scary to me).

Originally posted by Fletcher33
Ah... I see so the electoral votes he won are based on the fact that those states are bound by law to vote based on the popular votes of there state, where the other 24 states that do not require this by law can be changed in December? Do I have this right?

I don't think that's right. I could be wrong on this but I don't think ANY states are bound by law to place their electoral votes to anyone. I'll see what I can find out.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Centurion

We gird our loins and wait. Thats what we do. The seeds are already being planted. If you don't believe me turn on your local rap station and listen to the talk and opinion shows after 10 pm. The orchestration of wide spread dissidence is already in the pipeline!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Then we are in the second constitutional crisis of the millennium. Both within the first decade!

It would mean that there could be a real conspiratorial effort to destroy the constitutional nature of the nation, especially if it turns out this vetting should have occurred prior to the election nomination process.

But I suspect that the political parties are beginning to fear the population, and so the establishment may have to attempt to appease us somehow. - Should be an interesting journey.

I recommend everyone keep journals and diaries so future generations don't have to rely on biased media and revisionist historical documentation which will be provided to our children's children years from now. Otherwise the truth may never be told.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join