It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Citigroup next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
After seeing another thread on another CT board I had to post it here.....Reuters

Citibank getting a huge infusion----ok so I thought they were "stable"--remember how after the bailout and Wachovia failures that they (MSM, gov't leaders) said that Citibank was ok?

Now what? WE all know they are too big to fail but they are also too big to get totally bailed out....what do you think is going to happen?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

Have no fear, the House of Saud is here! Up, up, away!
Saudi Prince boosting Citi stake to 5%

Yesterday when I was reading about Citi's stock tanking I stumbled across an article that said the CDS market was going crazy over Citi, raising the price of CDS's based on them failing by over 300 points in a matter of minutes. That makes me believe that if Citi failed, and I mean fully failed, went bankrupt and closed its doors rather than simply being bought out and merged, then I think the whole system would implode. I already believe AIG is among the top dogs as far as the CDS goes, with many trillions of dollars at risk if they fail, now I believe Citi is in that same category.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Occurs they are here, they bought part of the Citigroup back last year when it first started to have problems.

So if they go down this time is the Saudis the ones that will lose the most, but then again they have plenty of money to burn anyway is not like they are to lose their incredible fortunes.

new topics

join