It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 types of intelligence. Are there more?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
very fascinating!

i really enjoy seeing these sorts of thinkings amongst ats... for this is one of the many reasons i joined this sight. for outside intelligence.

i can really say that it is one of my mains sources of outside intelligence, away from my readings and philosophical thinkings amongst the years.

I correspond to many of these levels. Being a prodigy at the piano and having the gift of a musical ear along with my excellent mathematical skills and understanding and adaptation to the languages ive studied, i find this very interesting.

Along with these "smarts" however, i really am not compatable w/ people of my age (21), being as how i cannot really hold an in-depth intuitive conversation with them without many contradictions and questions. I am not saying i am better than anyone else, because that is just silly. I earnestly and sincerely view this planet as a "whole" if you will, and i feel it is a relative blink of the multiverse's eye before we begin to... click.

During the past year i want to say i have evolved... but in reality it is just my brain growing slowly to its full nature. In the past four months i have been studying eastern philosophies of "chi" and human energy. I always view "Mind over Matter" on things (this is maybe why i have no broken bones being an outdoor climber/skier/soccer-player/mtnbiker?) and just in the past year want to develop the muscle that i feel i have been lacking on... the brain.

Meditation i feel is the key. Truthfully, we do not know the power that we harness.

LOVE TO YOU ALL!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Same to you!

You must find outlets for your mind and it may be with older people. I had the same issues my whole life. Most of my friends are in their 50's and 60's...I am not yet 30....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Where does memory fall in there? Some people have a photographic memory, some can remember data, some can remember a vacation they took in a visual almost poetic way. Some remember conversations word for word.... Is memory an ability that corresponds to a particular intelligence type? Meaning, do we remember what we are "good" at?

I really think that memory has nothing to do with intelligence. Remembering something means nothing unless you can apply it in someway. Game show intelligence isn't worth a dime, unless you are on a game show.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

For instance, have you known someone who was extremely smart in a few areas, but lacked common sense?

Yeah, I've know several people like this throughout my life. They'd be really really book smart and make good grades and such. But they'd always seem to lack common sense, and would come off as being functionally retarded I guess you could say.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

[edit on 9-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by n0tsan3

Where does memory fall in there? Some people have a photographic memory, some can remember data, some can remember a vacation they took in a visual almost poetic way. Some remember conversations word for word.... Is memory an ability that corresponds to a particular intelligence type? Meaning, do we remember what we are "good" at?

I really think that memory has nothing to do with intelligence. Remembering something means nothing unless you can apply it in someway. Game show intelligence isn't worth a dime, unless you are on a game show.
Math is really at its basic level a set of rules. I believe that there is a difference between remembering the rules, and actually having a mathematical mind. WHAT we remember should say a lot about ourselves. HOW we remember it should say a lot about what motivates us.
I remember my childhood friends houses and what was in it, and how it made me feel, more than I remember actually interacting with my friends. Houses and spaces and how they make me feel has been a life long "motivation" full of memories. From that motivation has come an "intelligence" of some kind. Whether or not I use it from a way of wisdom could probably be argued.... but it is a motivation from my soul.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, I think it has more to do with your environment and what you expose yourself to more than anything else. My intelligence is more centered around linguistic intelligence than anything else. Now, TO AN EXTENT, I have interpersonal intelligence, but it is restricted because my "people smarts" came through more by observing and listening to people than actually interacting with them. You don't have GREAT interpersonal intelligence unless you actually interact with people.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm lucky smart. It has nothing to do with god, and there's always a reason behind it. I actually don't believe in luck to be honest. It's just being intuitive and having a stronger connection to your subconscious than most other people. Sometimes I get strong hunches to do something a certain way, drive a certain direction, or "randomly" go talk to a stranger. These situations usually involve some sort of "luck" as other people describe it. It's like being creative. You can't really analyze the creative process and say how genius comes about..it's the same with the lucky smarts. We're just intuitive geniuses.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

9 types of intelligence. Are there more?

It is almost comical to watch people try and categorize the human condition and slot all of us into preselected stacks like a flavored snack.

The only thing I am fairly sure of... as far as this kind of thing goes, is that there are those types who think they can label the rest of us for a filing cabinet.

They are easy to identify simply because they are more interested in what they think they know about you, then even beginning to understand themselves.

It is funny sometimes

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I think it has more to do with your environment and what you expose yourself to more than anything else. My intelligence is more centered around linguistic intelligence than anything else. Now, TO AN EXTENT, I have interpersonal intelligence, but it is restricted because my "people smarts" came through more by observing and listening to people than actually interacting with them. You don't have GREAT interpersonal intelligence unless you actually interact with people.
Do we not decide in some way what we "expose" ourselves to? Many believe in the higher self pointing us toward experiences which will foster the "knowledge" we gain in this life. I am also an observer for the most part of human nature, but I have dabbled quite a bit in relationship. You can interact with many people and still not have GREAT interpersonal skills. Knowing people comes from asking the SELF how it feels about what it sees.
What we love, we are motivated by.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I'm lucky smart. It has nothing to do with god, and there's always a reason behind it. I actually don't believe in luck to be honest. It's just being intuitive and having a stronger connection to your subconscious than most other people. Sometimes I get strong hunches to do something a certain way, drive a certain direction, or "randomly" go talk to a stranger. These situations usually involve some sort of "luck" as other people describe it. It's like being creative. You can't really analyze the creative process and say how genius comes about..it's the same with the lucky smarts. We're just intuitive geniuses.
I also get those strong hunches, and it is very difficult to quiet the mind and listen to the self. The mind, the logical one, many times tries to talk you out of following the inner urges. Logic can be stupid in the world of the subconscious.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join