It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Victory Brings "Racist Rats Out of the Woodwork"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Obama Victory Brings "Racist Rats Out of the Woodwork"

www.alternet.org

In the northeastern state of Maine, customers at a general store in Standish were placing $1 bets on when the president-elect would be killed. A sign inside the Oak Hill General Store read: "Osama Obama Shotgun Pool." "Stabbing, shooting, roadside bombs, they all count," it said. At the bottom of the marker board was written "Let's hope someone wins."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is a really sad thing to read. I'm all for free speech but to place bets on when this man will be killed is cold and heartless.

I disagree with Obama's policies but I would never wish this kind of thing on someone. I really fear for his family that some radical idiot is going act and succeed on these kinds of threats.

But what can you do, it's free speech. hmm I wonder if gambling is illegal in that part of Maine?

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

this kind of stuff makes me sick. and to think we call our selves america, we have freedom of speech but we should also have the freedom to live with out looking over our shoulder all the time. this is a sad time for us indeed and its all because a hand full of people didn't get there way.

its going to be the people that end this country not the government

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The behavior of some people who happen to live in this country is ridiculous. I disagree with Obama on several things, but to take bets on when he'll be assassinated? That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. Wonder if the people who made and took the bets are being investigated for threatening his life, which they arguably did by betting on his assassination.

Now that being said, one thing I notice is missing from this article is the cases where it is racism against whites. I notice that doesn't even get a mention here, so apparently it's ok to be racist against someone for their lack of pigmentation.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Actually even non racists are saying he will be killed.

This is no surprise, for the fact that he is black and America is still to racist.

Or they want him dead to bring in some new law they passed. Perhaps the Homegrown Terrorism act..

Don't be so naive.

My guess is 24 months, g/f dont even think he will make inauguration.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
so your trying to say that this kind of behavior is acceptable for the people of this country to be throwing around in the public for all the world to see??

if you ask me it makes us look like a bunch of pigs

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Betting on how long someone can last on a dangerous job is human nature. We go to see the high wire act because we see the danger involved, and secretly want to be there when the pretty girl takes a swan dive.

The last few years of his life, people were doing the same thing with Dale Ernhart, the NASCAR driver. His style of driving was sure to catch up with him. (And he was loved by those people who follow the sport.)

Obama is taking over leadership at a time when this Nation is in a mess, he has only so much experience, and there are sure to be those that, for whatever reason, think the country would be better off without him in charge.

Betting is just a way of saying that someone thinks he can or can't make it without major opposition from the nuts.

I give 3 to 1 that he survives his first term. I'm an optimist.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Freedom of Speech for the win!

As for it making us look like pigs . . . most countries think that about us anyways . . .

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
why didn't any one ever make bets on bush when he got in for his second term? we all act like we have gotten rid of racism in this country but we truely haven't. its one think to hope for some one to fall and another very different thing to hope death apon some one.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is already being discussed here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

so why play into the stereo type? we have the power to change it, be the better person for god sake.

i got one for you. if ever one you even knew jumped off a cliff would you follow?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Please direct your posts to this nearly identical thread, already in progress. Though it's not the same source the topic of Obama Hate Crimes is the subject.

Here.

Thanks for your posts. Thread closed.

top topics

join