It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lumps of the back of peoples' heads.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Please tell me your joking? What a waste of a thread...

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just add something to this thread.
I have a bald patch on my head it is situated just on the back of the top and to the left a little, My mother said I was born with it, but about 4 years ago it developed like a crack in it.
My mother said it was a hairless mole, but I have not come across any other people with one like it, does anyone have any ideas on this ???

Cheers

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Seriously, is this a joke? please tell me it isn't and that you people are not being too paraniod

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
everyone has a lump just some people have thicker skin and cant see or really feel it, it is where to ligaments from ur spine connect to keep your head from bein like a bobblehead doh!

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
thats wierd stuff, maybe there are implants

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
you dont see it do you????? The problem is as a child your plates (the bones in your skull) werent fused the right way its perfectly normal.... IN THE LINK BELOW YOULL READ that one in 2000 kids skull plates fuse prematurely THIS MEANS that when this occurrs your brain continues to grow then seperates the plates and presses up on them Forming "bump like appearance" thank you...~EVIL~

www.innovations-report.com...

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Having looked through this thread, I couldn't find any references to Phrenology ?

The study of bumps on the head was quite a big thing 200 years or so ago:

"Phrenology was a science of character divination, faculty psychology, theory of brain and what the 19th-century phrenologists called "the only true science of mind." Phrenology came from the theories of the idiosyncratic Viennese physician Franz Joseph Gall (1758-1828). The basic tenets of Gall's system were:

1.The brain is the organ of the mind.
2. The mind is composed of multiple distinct, innate faculties.
3. Because they are distinct, each faculty must have a separate seat or "organ" in the brain.
4. The size of an organ, other things being equal, is a measure of its power.
5. The shape of the brain is determined by the development of the various organs.
6. As the skull takes its shape from the brain, the surface of the skull can be read as an accurate index of psychological aptitudes and tendencies. (For a description in Gall's own words see: Letter to von Retzer)"

From the article cited above.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well I have one large lump on the back of my head... In a medical Arcaeology class I learned that it is called an "Occipital Protruberance" when combined with a Saggital crest and a brow ridge you end up with a neanderthal. Thes bumps are meant for the attachments of muscles. A large Occipital Protruberance..( I just love saying that) would provide for the attachment of extra strong and large neck muscles.
The Saggital crest was for the attachment of jaw muscles. When you chew now you feel the muscle clench on your temple...it used to be the muscle went all the way to the top of the head and attached along the crest. People always marvel at the "knot" on the back of my head but when my Ex-wife smashed me there while I was sleeping once I was quite happy for the genetic armor plating!

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
ai ai all these people with the risk of their brain blowing up !
since the bumps represent the same as the cork is on a bottle of wine or
on an to be erupt soon volcano...
i fear it will not be a nice sight so please can you videotape it for eternity to see ?
call jay leno for sure to come and show the footage in the show !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join