It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investment advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I hope this is the correct section for this.
Lets say, that I had some money to invest. I have done research to find best returns, safest returns etc. Now I turn to you, to ask what your advice would be.
The one thing I ask, is that you reply in a serious manner, IE please don´t offer me swamp land to invest in

Thanks for your input.
PS I don´t think this violates the T&C in anyway.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Gold and guns my friend.

That's a very good investment.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Gold and guns my friend.

That's a very good investment.

Thanks, for the reply, I can see how gold would be an investment, guns only would be an investment fr me if I were looking at a civil unrest problem.
I was thinking more along the lines of somethng that would give a good return, but not be affected too much by the markets, but I see today that even T bonds are being affected.
Any more ideas folks? Come on you guys are sharp, someone out there must have other suggestions....
Gracias

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Have you inquired from any professionals on the matter or strictly done the research yourself?
I'm no expert, but...
Good investing includes a combination of "SAFE" investments, and a few riskier ones that may lead to a higher yield.
You should really consult with a professional because investments are very personal things and obviously what works for one may not work for another.
Not sure where you are located, or if you are open to advice, but Crakeur may be able to give you his 2 cents and perhaps point you in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Have you inquired from any professionals on the matter or strictly done the research yourself?
Not sure where you are located, or if you are open to advice, but Crakeur may be able to give you his 2 cents and perhaps point you in the right direction.

Hey thanks, mostly just researched around myself, but have been considering going to a investment counselour.
Of course I am open to advice, I guess I should U2U Crakeur huh?
Located in South America
Have a funny day....

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NetStorm

South America huh?
No idea how much help Crakeur can be to you there, as he is in the states..
but...personally, if I wanted financial advice, he's who I would ask first.
( Of course, I'm sure his FREE advice, is limited).

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It is extremely difficult to give out investment advice without knowing the overall picture of finances. That and the concept of giving away free advice when a million different factors could result in an investment gone bad and the blame being thrown directly on my shoulders, is not something I like to get involved in.

I'll say this. There are plenty of good buys with regards to the stock market. The issue is how badly you need your money. Over the short term, you could very well see drops in your investment but, over the long term (5-10 years minimum), you should see some stellar returns.

I'm not sure what the real estate market is like in South America but real estate is one of the best investments over the long term, provided you don't buy in an overinflated market and you aren't concerned about annual returns. Undeveloped land is almost always a decent investment.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the info, I have looked into both undeveloped land, and buying, what they call here apartments in grey, which means you buy the apartment in the beginning stages of construction, at one price, and then when it is finished or right before you sign the ownership papers, you sell it at a higher price to a third party.
The benefits I see of undeveloped land, is that they are virtually maintenance free, you just let them "fatten".
Also considering buying office space, which here is at a prime price, but then you have the maintenance costs, administracion etc.
The equivelent of a CD here (a CDT) really pays next to nothing, so that would be a last option.
The stock market still worries me, I had at one point, over 80000 dollars in Gateway stock, BEFORE 9-11 . After 9-11 it took a nose dive, and I ended up selling at 4.50 , now it is at 1.90 and unless there is some kind of technomiracle, I don´t think it will ever recover.
Thanks for your advice ...have a funny day.

Edit due to HORRIBLE spelling

[edit on 27-11-2008 by NetStorm]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Hi guys,i am new here.Welcome to the forums.For complete money solution,this site could be help you.
---------------
gomez

Make Money

top topics

join