It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different types of music.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was wondering, howcome only certain types of music will enduce and emotional response? With me it's usually Techno, or Trance. I was just wondering is it the subconscience that controls this or is it something else?
I saw a report on Tech TV on the type of music our subconscience makes, is there any way of finding it out?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
techno or trance eh?

I'm not gonna say anything

For me it's usually either Thrash metal, certain Rock songs, or black metal because of the symphonicness

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, to be honest... Techno and Trance the orignal styles not Brooklyn Bull #, is one of the closet to "Church Music' there is. This is mainly because of the beats in the background.

Hard Techno and Trance on the other hand, are probably what most people call "Satanic", and I don't listen to it.

----------------

I listen to almost anything... excluding Hard Trance, Hard Techno, and Heavy Metal and Hard Rock.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ah, I just did a big report on the way music affects the brain for school.

Different sound waves affect the brain in different ways. Some negative, some positive. Violent music has been shown to make a listener feel more aggressive, but this only lasts for a short period. Some music can help the brain concentrate or understand a problem better.

Your brain responds to all types of music, just some more than others.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charlatan
techno or trance eh?

I'm not gonna say anything

For me it's usually either Thrash metal, certain Rock songs, or black metal because of the symphonicness

Amen to that.

I have begun listening to techno and stuff though, and I notice a totaly different reaction from me than when I listen to black metal. Its like... peacefull kinda. Instead of being a little misanthrope and sitting in the corner when I listen to metal, I fell more social when I listen to techno.

I guess it would just be the different sounds, speed and everything that creates a different emotional feeling.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
For me, it's good old fashioned left coast punk rock and Screemo with a dash of Billy Joel.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A lot of tecno (especially trance) is repetitive and sometimes vague.
Think about it, if you are used to seeing your mom every morning for breakfast, it usually will relax you--you don't realise how much until she's taken away.
Things that are vague don't catch the attention--background conversation, untill someone starts yelling (unless familiar).
It's designed to relax, sort of like water music...

new topics

top topics

join