It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I know you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Do I know you?
This is a question that I have seen asked many times here and I have often wondered about it. Due to our anonymity here we may well be reading posts of good friends and disliking their ATS personality or making good ATS friends with real life foes.

I recently had an encounter with at ATS member who for the sake of this thread I will call Bob. (if this member wishes to identify themselves it is their decision)

It turned out that Bob and I lived at one point only several houses apart, and while we did not know each other at the time there is a very good likelihood of having actually encountered each other having frequented the same places. We have both since moved away from that area so a catch up now is unlikely.

Has this happened to anyone else, or on the other side of the coin have you met someone on ATS and later become good real life friends in person after having found out it is geographically possible.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Isn't it weird.

It happened with me and another long term ATS staff member. Turns out we lived in the same area growing up, knew the same places, events and worked at the same place during our high school years. That absolutely blew me away....seems impossible that we would both be interested in these topics, joined ATS and became staff 20 years later.

[edit on 11/20/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Yes..it's very possible. That's all I'll say.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Now I'm scared....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Gee Viking......this sounds familiar....
I also had this happen to me recently!

I also came across another ATSer.....who I will call Betty...
that also lived near me .....frequented the same places etc.
Is this 6 degrees of seperation?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
For those that are interested....Vikingant is Betty!
And I am Bob....
Does that make sense?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
"Do I know you?"

Just a little.

And I have made several good friends on this site. One of which was taken away.........
But we still keep in touch.

I hope to meet all of them someday. And the BTS girls WILL make it to Vegas.

And if I ever get to Australia..........hehe..........I'm gonna hug a koala.

Rush

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

my (our) story is close to 20 years as well. (Except I never did the ATS Staff thing)
Did you find that you knew the person way back when or just shared a neighbourhood and experiences oblivious to each others existance?
reply to post by hsur2112

And I am sure the Koalas are looking forward to hugging Rush....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You know......
It would not surprise me if I have ran into fellow ATSers and not even know it. This is a scary thought though, people from here may have ran into me also and not even knew it.

Besides, it would not surprise me if I have ran into people from ATS on either Yahoo! or MSN.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Hi Gimme.....Do I know you? Yes...on ATS,that is!

Don't tell me if you are on facebook.....

this is freaky!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
yes, I have had two of those.
One member rides his bike past my house or in the vicinity every week. And the other lived in a small "town" (more like a store and post office) where my mother lived when she was 5. What are the odds? I haven't met either yet, but the bike rider and I are on the lookout for each other on the roads....
Not sharing names unless they want me to.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is strange that you bring this up.

I believe there are two members that I know very well in real life and another I was close to in another forum.

About 3 months after I joined ATS a member replied to a post of mine and asked, Is that you Marilyn? I was still a bit shy about posting and didn't answer the member. I wish I had because he does sound like someone I know.

Another member uses a screen name just like he did on another forum a couple of years ago. He writes with the same attitude he did when I was on that forum with him.

I meet people that talk about the same things we discuss and seem to be up to date on what's big on ATS at the time. I usually tell them about ATS and half expect them to say they are members also. Hasn't happened so far.

Maybe I should start taking my Above Top Secret book by Jim Marrs with me where ever I go. Wonder if that might lure someone out of their shell of anonymity and they might introduce themselves?

I need to end this post as my imagination is on overdrive.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

It's happened three times so far, on different levels. lol

Another user and I discovered we run in the same Christian apologetics circles, I went to the same High School as one of the staff members here, and another member saw my Myspace page when it used to be linked to in my profile and discovered we knew of each other in real life by having a mutual friend.

Edit: Oh, and another member and I discovered we both worked for the same airlines at the same time but are not sure if our paths ever crossed at work due to the fact he was a pilot and I was a flight attendant and it's very rare you meet everyone since you have different flight assignments.

[edit on 11/21/2008 by AshleyD]

top topics

join