It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 50 Percent of U.S. Physicians Plan to Quit; 60 Percent Warn Others Away from Career in Medici

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Nearly 50 Percent of U.S. Physicians Plan to Quit; 60 Percent Warn Others Away from Career in Medicine

www.naturalnews.com

Conventional medicine is so maddeningly bureaucratic and senseless that an astounding 60 percent of U.S. general practitioners are warning others away from a career in medicine. Nearly half of those doctors currently in practice plan to quit medicine entirely, leaving the U.S. woefully short on doctors, especially given the strong pro-disease push by the FDA and AMA that has led the nation into a pandemic of degenerative disease.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 11/20/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is perhaps the first major sign of the coming self-destruction of conventional medicine. Without the doctors, the system collapses. It's heading that way anyway: Health care costs are poised to bankrupt the nation, and with the FDA and AMA continuing to suppress true information about natural cures that really work, things will only get worse until the whole system collapses in financial and medical ruin.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Altered thread title to reflect actual article headline.
Please review link: Breaking Alternative News guidelines

[edit on 11/20/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Good, maybe we can have some of our Canadian doctors back.

lol. That's not actually a quip against Americans... this time I'm making fun of Canada's government for not giving our doctors enough incentive "$$" to stay.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by meadowfairy

Interesting news, but not terribly surprising at this point. We're friends with our general practitioner who has told us how horrible it has become. He doesn't even take insurance at his office anymore due to the bureaucratic mess- it's 'cash' only. He's also slowly fazing out his current general practice and focusing on laser treatments like hair removal and skin resurfacing. He used to do the laser treatments only on Fridays but now does them three days a weeks and sees general patients twice a week, which will eventually be ended all together.

Of course that is just a personal example but it's apparently similar to a lot of cases if the article is true (which I have no valid reason to doubt). Socialized medicine would make the situation a lot worse since so many go into the medical field for the pay and a lot would quit or rethink entering medical school. There's already a nursing shortage and they don't have to deal with half the 'paper' headaches doctors do. It would be normal to assume doctors are getting sick of it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I think it's a bit of a long-shot from from the original Reuters article to saying:

first major sign of the coming self-destruction of conventional medicine.

It is perhaps a sign that things need to change, but I wouldn't blow it up to proportions where imminent chaos will ensue.

There seem to be some fundamental differences between the source article and the one posted. For instance.

Reuters:

And 60 percent of 12,000 general practice physicians found they would not recommend medicine as a career.

NaturalNews:

60 percent of U.S. general practitioners are warning others away from a career in medicine.

and:

Reuters:

Eleven percent said they plan to retire and 13 percent said they plan to seek a job that removes them from active patient care.

NaturalNews:

Nearly half of those doctors currently in practice plan to quit medicine entirely,

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but the message seems different. The Naturalnews article seems a little sensationalistic.

I also find it funny how, on the one hand, doctors are recommending that others steer clear of medicine and on the other they claim that:

78 percent of those who answered believe there is a shortage of primary care doctors.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I agree, I tried to find the reason to study medicine but after realizing that powers beyond people's controls were withholding important medical advances or natural cures or even common sense in the pursuit of profit, I lost my will to learn.

Besides, Latin and Greek terms that are used in medicine haven't been in the mainstream language for centuries, and that puts medicine out the reach of many.

The system needs to change, with new emphasis on prevention, rather than the cure.

The medical profession will have a lot of stress taken off it if all babies are born as healthy as possible through vitamin deficiency prevention with the benefit of food banks for mother and child, heavy loads like back backs (homework) are eliminated, regular PE classes, shock education (anti-smoking education, or pictures of skulls cracked open like coconuts, for example) and an new cultural consciousness on drug use and low-cost access and 'cool status' acceptance of safety gear and legal access to superior alternatives to alcohol will save billions in future hospital costs, not to mention acceptance of death, especially by the lost causes elderly, who just go to the hospital to prolong their deaths and strain the resources that really should go to the kid with heart disease in the next ward.

Something or somebody is holding back real changes to the medical/ prevention field, and it is over money. The system as it is, requires people to keep coming back for cures, to keep spending money on snake oil medicine that makes them sicker.

top topics

join