It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

memory problems

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would recommend getting your thyroid checked. If it's low it can cause some of that, as well as anxiety... the list of symptoms is absurd.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You might also look into an elimination diet. Salicylates which are in many foods and aspirin have given me these migraines. (I usually only drink distilled water.) Mostly, these headaches were in the back of my head and I've had these most of my life.

It could be seizures also. The brain scans should have showed if you had a stroke. Changes in blood flow in the brain could also be why.(?) Check medication side effects and levels.

Blood PH and blood sugar problems are also a clue. List and search all of your symptoms, even mouth infections. Acidosis or acid reflux treated with calcium supposedly causes calcium to build up where it shouldn't. I stopped eating raised bread because of yeast and sugars and that helped with my acid reflux.

I was having problems with low blood pressure and had been eating a lot of celery which apparentlty lowers blood pressure. See a dietician or read up on it.

Searching symptoms on the internet can make you really paranoid....I know. (sigh)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, like hawaiigirl said about the ;
Worm in woman's brain!

Also, detoxing is a must!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Also, do you have a lot of indoor cats?
I think (personally) that there is a tie between lots of cats, Toxoplasmosis and alzheimers!

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What type of blood pressure meds are you on ? I'm betting this is probably you main culprit after all the research I did.

I ended up changing to a new Dr. who helped me get off the blood pressure meds and now I feel way better and my vitals are perfect

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I turn 45 soon and have had some problems with memory as well Ihave attributed most of it to working 7pm to 7am nightshift and not sleeping good.I saw a post here I do beleive and followed some links and found something interesting I am going to give a try.It seems worth a try and in moderation wont hurt at all.I think you should take a look at this pfd link on a dr's experience with coconut oil. It seems it has properties to help out alzheimers as well as diabetes 1 and 2 as well as other conditions.

coconutoil.com...

forums.hsibaltimore.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by orderedchaos

Lyme disease.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
My memory has also faded into obscurity over the past few years. I have just turned 30.

I'm now finding myself desperately trying to recall questions etc immediately after people asking them, which of course interferes with my ability to respond. My partner and colleagues are fed up of my tendency to stop mid sentence whilst I try to remember what I was saying, or find the word I want to use. At work I have to take copious notes, so I have some semblance of the ongoing conversational thread.

My memory has also become extremely vulnerable. I don't know if this is because I've started having to "colour in the picture" of what I'm recalling and basically fill in the blanks. However, a couple of times people have managed to convince me that something has been agreed or said. It got to the point that I actually had a vague recollection; only to find out that they were the ones that had been mistaken.

OP - is just your auditory memory affected? How is your memory for what you've read/seen? The reason I ask is that I was diagnosed with auditory processing disorder, which interferes with my auditory short-term memory processing. Perhaps something worth considering?

[edit on 24/11/08 by lizziejayne]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
OMG the same thing happens to me, ive noticed its become more and more common...I am only 21 but it first started when I became pregnant at 17, and I forget my best friends name one day when I was walking out of school....I forgot her name but I was able to remember her nationality so for some reason I called her Argentina ( lol ) I know its so weird but then lately this been happening to me a lot, ive forget thoughts I start saying something and in the middle of it I forget what I was even talking about, I forget what I did the day or 2 days before, it gets as bad as this about 2 weeks ago I was on the phone with my boyfriend, apparently we hung up and I went bout my job, but next thing u know I find myself typing and its like I just woke up and im like hold up wasn’t I just talking to my boyfriend, but I cant remember for what reason we hung up so I called him back like listen I know we were on the phone but apparently we hung up and I have no idea to why we broke up or how or when...he just started laughing and calling me crazy but, when I spoke to my co worker she said it could be thyroid problems

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Headaches and mental issues are symptoms of Lymes.Also,rashes,night sweats,joint stiffness/pain.Insidious,this disease and its tick carriers is/was a bio-weapon from the Paperclip Nazis,lost from Plum Island Bio-weapons Research Lab,there's lots online about it.
Doxycycaline will dramatically and swiftly improve symptoms,which is as good a clue as any usual G.P. doctor's diagnosis.Also,if you're chronic,additional tick attachments cause an extreme reaction,like right now!
Finally,it is a REPORTABLE disease,which means that,despite being non infectious in nature,it HAS to be reported to the CDC.Wonder why?

[edit on 26-11-2008 by trueforger]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join