It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impaired vision and dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've notice lately that while I'm dreaming, my vision will become crystal clear. Like during a dream, my vision is average, but quite often lately, during the dream, I notice that my vision is 100 percent better. Colors are much more vibrant. When this happens, it's like, WOW! and I immediately take notice. It's pretty a pretty drastic change. It feels like my vision is much better at these times than it is when I have my glasses on awake.

Eyeglass wearers, when you dream how is your vision? Do you ever experience what I have recently?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold
Eyeglass wearers, when you dream how is your vision? Do you ever experience what I have recently?

This is really interesting. I saw a show recently and they had a bit about a strange phenomenon which people experience when they are going blind. The brain produces visions which seem more real than sight.

People who have these visions sometimes think they are going mad, (because often the visions occur while awake) but it is not schizophrenia or any other form of psychosis. Instead, scientists compare it to a ghost sensation, as when you lose an arm but you can still 'feel' the arm. Your brain still 'sees' even when your eyes cannot.

I wonder if impaired vision causes the brain to 'see' its visions more vividly?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
That is really interesting. No changes to my vision recently. I had an exam about 4 months ago and everything was ok, except I have bad vision. I've worn glasses all my life and have never experienced this before.

I hope I'm not going blind.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
...in a similar vein: I've worked with a Deaf person in my career within Mental Health. This person was born Deaf...

...and yet apparently experienced auditory hallucinations. Voices. Sounds.

Interesting indeed.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I something have dreams that are totally opposite! In my dreams things are fuzzy and blurred. I have wondered about that too.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It`s all in how you look at this subject. If you believe the thinking that what we see with our eyes is not true reality, then this thinking works. Such as, those who may have vision problems have very clear dreams, and can see better within the dream state. This is saying, what we get through our dream state comes from our true selves deep within us. Those who may still have fuzzy or hazy dreams are being influanced by the old daily grind. This is where meditating helps in a big way. It helps one to control the outside influance of the daily life, and allows the spiritual side to develop in a more positive way, thus, a clearer vision within the dream. Also, diet can affect the pineal gland in a big way, and can cloud dream visions as well.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
BTW as an addendum to my earlier post, the phenomenon of 'ghost sight' gradually diminishes and eventually goes away after several months or a year of blindness.

I, too, hope you're not going blind!

new topics

top topics

join