It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone tried "Chaser?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just a quick question before I waist my money.
If any of you louses have tried this Chaser stuff perhaps you could tell me if it has worked for ya.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Before you go to bed, chug a litre of water, never fails... just don't pass out too deeply or you'll wet yourself later on

Doesn't look like there's much more than placebo in them... which is what most hangover remedies actually are. All you need to do is be sufficiently hydrated before going to sleep and a couple advil never hurt either, to be sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Ive been known to go out and polish off mass quantities and I know how my not so young body feels the next day so I did in fact try it and It wasnt so helpful and it didnt chase away anything...

If Im going out for a night of cocktails I take two excedrin or motrin before I go out and then when I get home and it seems to do the job....

[edit on 19-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

I guess there's no magic hangover pill after all.
I'll have to deal with it the old fashioned way, more :w:.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I was going to say that the only thing to fix yourself is more
:w:
Hair of the dog.....or is it ....hair of the SDog?

and I also have a glass of water before going to sleep

but more ,than often the next morning

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Never tried it, probably never will - it seems like 'cheating'.

If there's a hangover, that's the risk you face. Every ounce of pleasure must be purchased, etc.

More practical: great advice from ZombieOctopus: drink a glass and a half of water before crashing, leave a full glass beside you to knock over/chug in the middle of the night. Helps, if you're so inclined to such a state of need.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The ad you linked says it takes an average of 3.2 drinks to cause hangover symptoms – I would believe that it probably helps with a hangover caused by 3.2 drinks.

The only things I ever found that helped were drinking lots of water, and passing out in the middle of the last drink so I could polish it off when I woke up

I've heard a lot of people recommend Gatorade instead of water, which makes sense since you're not only dehydrated but your electrolytes are out of whack in a hangover. Ginger ale is worth a try too.

edit to add: about painkillers, keep in mind that aspirin is super-hard on your stomach and tylenol is super-hard on your liver, and alcohol is super-hard on both stomach and liver, so if you need them on a regular basis it's probably better to suffer.

[edit on 11/19/08 by americandingbat]

new topics

top topics

join