It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Greetings fellow ATSers,

I've been a long time fan of this forum and write today in hopes to reap advice from my peers. I've recently had the opportunity to move to New York. I'm taking a break from college (financial reasons) and thought New York would be the best place to work very hard and save up money for school. My problem herein, lies the the fact that I am very well aware of the recent mobilization, the possible threat of biological attacks -- if you were in my shoes, would you go to New York right now? If not, where else?

Regards,

JH

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jhathaway

Personally, I wouldn't live in New York.

If I had to, though, I would put up with it until it even looks like something big and bad may happen (total economic collapse, food shortages, power outages, etc.) and then I would haul out of there. I might even keep a bike in my trunk just because I know how that traffic is when everybody is trying to do the same.

It seems like we're circling the drain so fast now, I really wouldn't be comfortable even living there for a short period of time, because it could be as soon as January when the thing turns belly-up.

I read somewhere once that if Manhattan were effectively quarantined (no shipments of food from outside, in other words), that cannibalism is expected to start within something like 7-10 days. Scary stuff, but very real. You can't cram that many millions of people into so tight a space and expect things to be hunky dory when you don't have the means to support it.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That's terrifying, but you are getting onto what I've been debating. I'm currently living in small town NC and the job market here sucks. With our economy falling apart, isn't it ironic that smaller towns are being hit quite hard, forcing people to move to larger cities for work? The consolidation of populous is so high that a bio-terror attack would be absolutely devastating. Where are we safe if not on our own soil?!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey jhathaway,

You concern is very legitimate, your not alone. I think about this EVERYDAY as a New Yorker with a Wife and child. Its very scary, and the sad thing is 95% of New Yorkers don't even think that were the #1 target for any WMD or terror attack. They dont even think about this at all. I was born and raised here, an I only stay here because of the opportunities New York has to offer are still huge. Don't let the media fool you. I have two business one is mortgages (thats out the window) and the other is a energy company (which is recession proof) but all in all its still a good place to find work and stack up funds while you feel comfy to go back to educate yourself. If your looking for an opportunity out here in NYC let me know I may be able to help you...

Now about coming over here, honestly its 50/50 brother its great but the possibility of any attack is extremely high, its just the magnitude that you have to worry about. It could a be a small attack that would be concentrated in a few small block radius or a huge thing like a- Bio - attack that can be airborne, who knows? It could be Russia sending nukes our way and NYC is the #1 strategic move on the list. Its scary, but its all in Gods hands, but look at it like this, if its meant to be-its meant to be. Thats how I see it.

Money and New York never sleeps. So Jhathaway, COME ON DOWN!!!!

[edit on 19-11-2008 by king Pop!p]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think the most safest place on American soil would be in the middle of the country. Think about it? Most foreign attacks would hit the west and east coast lines, they don't care about a couple of farmers. All that planing our enemies do, they want to make sure they hurt as many people as possible.

new topics

top topics

join