It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is up with all these threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hell.... its now obvious that most people here have gotten to the point where they don't read between the lines on political issues.

I look at these threads and although opinions are thrown on the board, it seems like no one does their homework anymore, many are posting before any research of their own is done.

Is it me or did the Independence of ATS become a rheteric where now its filled with mostly Democrats and Republicans. It's like the Presidential Elections never ended, I stop at one thread and its either your on the right or on the left, there is no more inbetween.

I used to love going to ATS for the independent unbiased thoughts, even though we had the left and right wings, it was a window into what seemed like a real world over the fake vail thats been put on top of us.

Very few people now I see don't go far beyond the Yahoo/MSN/AOL for info. Opinions on political matters aren't seen from both ends anymore.

Most of the time I don't ever respond because it ends up being a waste of time.

I would like to see some of the O G members respond if at all possible

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
i have to agree with you. i do not post on political threads just because you can hardly get a word in without having the opposition come down hard on you. rather than everyone just having an opinion it has become personal and mean.
so for those kind of threads i just mumble my opinion to myself. but i think in time it will die down a bit. well until the next election.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I suppose I am guilty at times of this myself yet if there is entertainment value I will review a thread, researched or not.
Otherwise, I move on. However, Your concern is noted.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Is it me or did the Independence of ATS become a rhetoric where now its filled with mostly Democrats and Republicans. It's like the Presidential Elections never ended, I stop at one thread and its either your on the right or on the left, there is no more in-between.

You know how it is for an election. People like to pick sides like in a football game so that it becomes a huge contest where one side wins and the other loses. As a result, most folks tend to polarize and compartmentalize their thinking so that the differences in the platforms and candidates become more distinct.

I figure this is just a temporary thing, and as soon as Obama starts disappointing people, we can all get back to business as usual, which is with everybody being cynical, mistrustful and discouraged at our government.

After all, politics is just a thin veneer over the top of large social and economic forces that nobody can really control.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I know what you mean, I've been guilty sometimes of it too....

But it's gotten insane, *not saying you* of how far it has gone,

God willing the Westboro Baptist Church doesn't find out about ATS

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I agree and I have avoided purposely all

Obama is the Antichrist
Who is the Antichrist
Obama is evil and will enslave us all
Obama is a Terrorist
Christians are persecuted
666 something or other
or pretty much any thread that starts with here's why nonchristians are going to suffer Gods wrath

And all the rest they don't want to discuss they just want to have an online hatefest

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The veil is so think that many are blinded.

But a fringe forum is going to be like that when probably none of us are truly & properly informed as we would like to think.

The puzzles are so vast and the holes so deep almost everything is now suspect and called for questioning.

Deny ignorance or question everything. Two very valid slogans that paradoxically contest each other leaving untold rhetoric in it's wake at times.

Be patient... Like the enquirer, eventually some real dirt surfaces amongst the bathroom reading.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Atlantican]

new topics

top topics

join