It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous posting - is anything being done about it at all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Anonymous posts are literally destroying the forum I frequent here (Aircraft Projects), and complaints have been voiced many times but seemingly to no avail.

1. The quality of the vast majority of anonymous posts is appalling - quite literally a significant proportion of anonymous posts that get 'moderated' are nothing more than a 13 year olds wet dream.

Take for instance the following anonymous post:

Its real, and they have better one's than the Antique you speak of.The newer TR-3C-D Chameleon and dragonfly are Transparent, Plasma adaptive camofladge, Tri repell Craft Repell Mass, gravity, Friction. The newer TR-3C-D are Mach-50+ craft, they will police this once fine planet. The reason for NWO is that there are just too many of us on this planet. When the planets pop gets too big,you must police from the air. A transparent police car would be right in the thick of it, you could catch anyone you wish to.
Edgar fouch has no clue. The TR-3Boomerang is the U.S. made Ark, its 1100ft long on each side, looks like the letter V, not a solid triangle like the TR-3A, its not made of wood, its BARRELLIUM. The TR-3boo leaves this planet in worst case scenarois( comet impact) (Nuclear Winter)( astroid impact), the Boo returns when planet is stablized. The Boo left 4 months ago, hopefully just testing, best wishes to you all.

There is no quality to this post at all, why in hell was it allowed through? You are quite literally dragging the entire forum down into a cess pit by allowing this utter rubbish to actually go through to the forums.

If I wanted fiction, I can go to the Science Fiction section on Amazon. Theres a reason I come here, and that reason is rapidly becoming hard to see.

2. Anonymous posts bumping threads. How many times have I seen activity on a thread, visited the thread only to find the last available post dated 6 months previously (or even worse).

Why? Why are unmoderated posts bumping threads?

Is anything being done to address members concerns about this? Am I even going to get a reply?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Well, the reason I use it is because my computer auto logs me out and when I log back in I usually lose the thread I was originally on. Call it a laziness thing. I'm sure the original intention was so people at risk could post sensitive information without having to worry about it being traced back to them... kinda like the online equivalent of the X-Files' cigarette smoking man dispensing information from the shadows. Yes, I agree it is being abused.

The definition of irony is?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My understanding is that Anon posts have to be validated but...even I question who approves some of them. I know sometimes one can be tired and what not, but I honestly...don't like the idea of anon posting at all. Not on a forum.

If it's to be moderated, it should be moderated by someone who knows the forum, IE...FSME's. But, even then...I don't know why they're even allowed in the first place, it confuses some of our newer members, and they end up bumping old threads despite the date and what not, it seems like an utter traffic jam.

[Sorry for out of thread reply mods]

[edit on 19.11.2008 by Shugo]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The ATS staff and owners appreciate all feedback be it criticism or praise. Obviously in this case it's criticism so I would like to direct you to the The ATS Issues Thread where all these concerns should be expressed. I will be closing this thread and look forward to you making your viewpoint known in the proper thread listed above.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

Regards,
The ATS Staff

Closing

new topics

top topics

join