It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Big Three auto CEOs flew private jets to ask for taxpayer money

www.cnn.com

"It's almost like seeing a guy show up at the soup kitchen in high hat and tuxedo. It kind of makes you a little bit suspicious."

He added, "couldn't you all have downgraded to first class or jet-pooled or something to get here? It would have at least sent a message that you do get it."

Rep. Brad Sherman, D-California, asked the three CEOs to "raise their hand if they flew here commercial. Let the record show, no hands went up. Second, I'm going to ask you to raise your hand if you are planning to sell your jet in place now and fly back commercial. Let the record show, no hands went up."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I laughed pretty good when I read this.... good for them to focus on these CEO's actions. I call BS on flying private jets for safety reasons.. cause airport security is at an all time low I'm sure.

Let them starve as far as I'm concerned.... I buy imports due to better quality and since they hold their value. Canada is looking into bailouts as well and IMO it's a waste of money.

Those huge sums of money into small business owners hands would create more jobs and more wealth into the hands of non CEO pirates.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I agree completely with your posts. These crooks arent struggling, they are seeing a dip in their PROFITS. Thats why they want money from the government. To me this is the same as when Ol Dirty Bastard showed up at the Welfare office in a limousine. Im pretty sure he had criminal charges filed against him for that, why should these CEO's expect money when they arent struggling to make ends meet.

Heres a trade off for them: their companies can have some bailout money only if they step down from their position without any massive bonuses. The US government can buy all the stock of these companies, and then remove everyone who was involved in the terrible business practices by these companies in the last thirty years. Its not hard to make a decent car for a decent price, plenty of companies do so.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If they had shown up in a beat up old Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler they would have been equally criticized. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If they really want money then they should focus on quality cars that people will buy. This will lead to more investment in their companies which will lead to more revenue. Problem solved.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Reminds me of when the airlines were crying the blues about money. They cut the pay of all the people working for them, yet the CEOs kept everyone single one of their perks and didn't cut their pay a single cent.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
just some added input

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join