It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien remains found beneath the vatican vault?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So this page is kinda old and the story a little older. i havnt ever heard of this before. Is it real? how am i supposed to know! sure its possible. i would even say probable. has anyone heard about this before?
a pic of the skull via the link

"Whatever those remains represent,
there's a reason why the good fathers buried them there to be forgotten."

Alien Remains Found At The Vatican. Pope Told To Remain Silent."

Many alien skulls were found during a restoration project at the Vatican Library

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If that's a real skull I'm a chipmunk's uncle.
The skull looks like someone made it, the sockets are recessed hollows that seem to be painted black, as is the nasal cavity.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Skull would need to be dated and examined, skull binding of children was a practice in many cultures and there were of course many odd strains of man like the hobbit skeletons found in the south pacific, hard to say anything on appearance alone

and, those skulls were found in South America I believe and I have no reason to think that it's anything new here beyond that maybe the Vatican collected some for their library of strange stuff they keep in the cellar.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ya i totaly know where youre coming from on that. But still just for the sake of argument why would alien skulls be identical to human skulls? Not to mention it could be the quality of the pic and lighting that make those areas look so black. but thats the joy and pain of these things you never can really know for sure

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have two different versions of this skull:

which one was photoshopped in your opinion?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
heyas... a few blurbs and links to your mystery, sounds like the skulls resting place was with an American couple, not the vatican although maybe they were sold, the one in the picture I believe is not the same one as your picture, but many skulls of this nature have been discovered

The girl recovered both skulls and kept them for the remainder of her life. Upon her death they were passed to an American man, who maintained possession for five years before passing them to the American couple who now control them.

The Starchild's brain volume, contained inside a cranium the size of a smallish human's,

alien skulls

whole article... it attributes some interesting claims to the skull that is spherical in nature

I know bunches of these have been found in SA, most are attributed to Skull binding but who knows?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Besides the photoshopping, Greys don't have teeth. Do they.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ones in the above article are real, pics were around before photoshop I believe...

Obviously you just slam dunked that image out of existence though... but skulls of this nature have been found before to the best of my knowledge

I'm dubious to the claims presented in the article I list though, I'm prone to believe the skull binding theories as to their origins...

article claims things in regard to position of the spine and brain case size... although it seems to be extrapolating (assuming) size into adult hood...

Not sure what the original practice of skull binding was all about, be curious if anyone knows...

Stared you post btw...

Great find on the skull... how'd you locate the hoax so fast?

[edit on 19-11-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
nice detective work internos! ya i thought the alien version looked swirly. like the pattern on the jacket looked strange but what can you do lol. OR MAYBE ITS A COMPARISON!!! 2 pics taken ...no......? all well cant blame a guy for tryin but to internos i bestow a jr detectives badge! good job buddy you earned it

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Is there no end to his debunking skills!!!!! Flags for everyone...whooaaaaaa

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I dont know why, but I think I remember my mom watching something the other night about skulls with eyes too close together to be human, or at least normal. And that first alien skull photo was pretty obvious, you can see the stretch and blur still.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Not sure what the original practice of skull binding was all about, be curious if anyone knows...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by mopusvindictus]

Binding of the cranium:

Cranial binding is the reshaping of the skull using binding to deform and alter growth. This is usually done either by wrapping with rope or cloth on its own or splinted with wooden or similar devices. The end effect can be elongated skulls, sloping foreheads, and even radical effects such as bi-lobed (heart shaped) skulls.

When an individual is young (a baby), the skull is quite malleable. By restricting the growth of the skull and by putting selective pressure on it by binding it or strapping it against boards, its shape can be permanently altered. This is believed to be one of the first body modifications practised by humans, and can still be observed in parts of Africa and South America (most commonly Peru). Skull shaping is not effective or safe on adults.

It is believed that the shaping was done to identify the owner as a member of a certain group, but in part because Christian missionaries effectively destroyed the cultural records of most of the groups practising this activity, the specifics are very much up for debate. Some even claim that the particularly unusual skulls from Peru are evidence of alien contact

wiki.bmezine.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Now the question is Does the pic of the skull now being debunked debunk the whole article?( though i admit it doesnt look good for this story).... I mean from what i hear about the vatican alien skulls are probably one of the least weird things they have

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
Now the question is Does the pic of the skull now being debunked debunk the whole article?( though i admit it doesnt look good for this story).... I mean from what i hear about the vatican alien skulls are probably one of the least weird things they have

NO, it does NOT: the photo is a hoax but the article (by accident or not) has some match with the reality:
Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens

Vatican: It's OK for Catholics to Believe in Aliens
Tuesday, May 13, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

VATICAN CITY — There could be alien life forms and believing they exist isn't contradictory to having faith in God, the top astronomer at the Vatican said in an interview published Tuesday.

In the Vatican newspaper piece, titled "The Extraterrestrial Is My Brother," the Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes said the expansiveness of the universe means there could be life on planets other than Earth.

"In my opinion this possibility exists," Funes, the director of the Vatican Observatory, told L'Osservatore Romano. "Astronomers believe the universe is made up of 100 billion galaxies, each of which consists of 100 billion stars. ... Life forms could exist in theory even without oxygen or hydrogen."

Funes said that there might even be other intelligent life out there, but believing in its existence doesn't pose a problem for those of the Catholic faith.

"It is possible. So far we have no proof. But certainly in a universe so big we can not exclude this hypothesis," he told the paper.

"As there is a multiplicity of creatures on earth, so there may be other beings, intelligent, created by God. This does not conflict with our faith, because we cannot put limits on the creative freedom of God."

Vatican did open its doors to possible alien lives, but not in the way described in the article: the story mentioned in the article has no corroborating evidences as far as i know. But a good conspiracy would be that they say that because soon they won't be able to hide something like that. We just miss a small detail: some proof.

[edit on 19/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast i would even say probable.

Why do you say it's probable, not just possible? What basis do you have to make such a statement?

There has been no proof of alien life existence to date. No proof. None, not a shred. Speculation? Yes, PLENTY! Plenty of conjectures. All of them have been proven to be nothing more than stories.

The real stand of everybody should be this: Possible? Yes. Probable? No.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I say probable from a position of believing in ufos. as for no proof i would agree that until aliens or ufos appear in some mass unveiling the proof can be unsatisfying. But that there is no proof for it is to extreme of a view to me. The testamony and video footage as questionable as it can be sometimes still points to something being seen and experienced and there are credible witnesses like police men and military people who come forward, so for me i believe it is real. If you dont believe because the evidence that is made available is not satisfying for you i understand but for me it is and because ive seen strange things in the sky myself i come down on the side of the coin that says aliens exist. In regards to the vatican because of its history of power and secrecy i would imagine that if said objects existed and had to be stored somewhere on earth the vatican would be a likely canidate. do I know? ofcourse not. Ive never seen an alien .. i havnt even been to the vatican in fact i have to take the testamony of others that it also exists because ive never actualy seen it. we all have to judge for ourselves what to do with the info we come across and for many many others out there the evidence that is available on ufos is enough to atleast say ya thats probable.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gandaalf

I'll go with this...
Possible? Yes. Probable? Yes. Proven? No.

Think of the size of the galaxy, then think of the size of the universe! Why would our planet be so special? Sure, we have no proof that other life is out there, but I don't see why it would only develop here. Most scientists even agree that alien life probably exists. It is certainly not proven, but it sure is probable.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitbreakfast
I say probable from a position of believing in ufos. as for no proof i would agree that until aliens or ufos appear in some mass unveiling the proof can be unsatisfying. But that there is no proof for it is to extreme of a view to me. The testamony and video footage as questionable as it can be sometimes still points to something being seen and experienced and there are credible witnesses like police men and military people who come forward, so for me i believe it is real. If you dont believe because the evidence that is made available is not satisfying for you i understand but for me it is and because ive seen strange things in the sky myself i come down on the side of the coin that says aliens exist. In regards to the vatican because of its history of power and secrecy i would imagine that if said objects existed and had to be stored somewhere on earth the vatican would be a likely canidate. do I know? ofcourse not. Ive never seen an alien .. i havnt even been to the vatican in fact i have to take the testamony of others that it also exists because ive never actualy seen it. we all have to judge for ourselves what to do with the info we come across and for many many others out there the evidence that is available on ufos is enough to atleast say ya thats probable.

See, people make this mistake in assuming that not believing in aliens means also discrediting UFO sightings...

I do not doubt that some people have witnesses Unknown Flying Objects, or stationary objects in the sky. There are many videos and photographs that are pure BS, however, some witness testimonies appear to be honest.

Don't you think that not believing in aliens is less extreme than assuming that all those UFOs are alien-derived?

Just because something is unexplainable, why are we attributing it to aliens? Is this any different than our predecessors worshiping various gods of rain, thunder, sea, and so on, in the sense that any unexplained phenomena is attributed to supernatural gods, or in this case, to supernatural aliens? In both cases, what we witness is something that cannot be explained by conventional means. The easiest is to attribute it to something not human.

There are tribes in the Amazon who haven't seen much of the technical innovation that the rest of the world accepts - the tribe that tried to shoot arrows at a helicopter is just one example.

The problem is, people are not used to critical thinking. People are taken advantage of, people are fearmongered into submission, and anyone who believes in any word posted here without a shred of evidence... I don't know, how can I not get disappointed in humanity if after so many centuries of progress, with so much education available to us in this day and age, people are not much different than their ancestors from thousands of years ago?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
reply to post by gandaalf

I'll go with this...
Possible? Yes. Probable? Yes. Proven? No.

Think of the size of the galaxy, then think of the size of the universe! Why would our planet be so special? Sure, we have no proof that other life is out there, but I don't see why it would only develop here. Most scientists even agree that alien life probably exists. It is certainly not proven, but it sure is probable.

There are many different formulas in calculating the possibilities of other intelligent life forms (aliens) existing in the universe. Some provide staggering numbers, such as thousands of civilizations, and while still others provide a much dimmer picture with not much certainty that anything else exists.

The problem is that we do not understand how life came about exactly, we don't know all the mechanisms involved. It is like trying to do some integration without the knowledge of Calculus. It is such wild guesswork and speculation at this point.

As science advances and progresses, we will be able to become with more accurate formulas that fill in more and more of the countless unknown variables.

So, to emphasize, is it possible? Yes. I don't think there will be a scientist who will say that it is not possible. The question is how probable? And the answer right now is We don't know. And based on all these UFO stories, sightings, pictures, videos, testimonies - all of them failed to produce any shred of evidence FOR alien existence. This lack of evidence actually give more and more weight to the improbability of them existing and visiting us.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
While this may not be true at all, it is an example of how religion tries to hide truth. To hide truth and reality because it contradicts a doctrine of religion is to deny God himself. If the church or any religion has to rely on hiding truths or evidence against there said beliefs is denying there own faith.

I highly doubt that was found in the Vatican however I believe those skulls are caused by some disease. I will try and look it up later when I have time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join