It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Rense.com being censored ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
hey...I noticed an error msg when going to Rense.com and was wondering if they are being censored in anyway...I have NEVER got this message ever before in all my years on the net...NEVER!!

Here's the message:

anyone else getting this ?? I went to rense yesterday without a problem but today I cannot get in at all.

any ideas folks ??

AG

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi, that is very strange but I am getting the same message. It could be that their server is down (for maintenance or something else), and they are not pointing to the correct error page (if so, some developer will get spanked).
Will have to monitor it the next few hours.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
well that's cool I am not the only one...I too will keep checking on it...

AG

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I got the same thing. Googled it and found this:

www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm getting it too.

By the looks of it, the admins forgot to "chmod" the directory and contents. That is, assuming they are using a unix/linux server. It's a command to allow or deny public viewing basically. Lot's of servers require it be manually done for the sake of high security.

Sounds like they may have upgraded or switched servers.

I hope that's the case. Rense has always been a daily visit for me since the 1990s and I would hate to have to miss their colorful headlines for too long.

There has been maybe 5 occasions that their site has been down for any length of time. Hopefully it is fixed soon.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's back up!

One liners stink but the answer could only be one line.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yep, they most likely oops when taking the server offline for updating forgetting to re-grant access , ie chmod and the access violation error.

When this does happen though, you can grab the cached page from google since Rense's page is comprised of static links anyway and just read the information from the links themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
at least it's back up and running.

thanks to all who replied !!

AG

top topics

join