It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral projection proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I started this thread because I want to know from experienced people
is astral projection real or it is something like self hypnosis or some kind
of imagination. We all know that the mind is a powerful thing. So I have
tried to astral project. And in the third day when I tried suddenly I got the
sinking feeling or as I was falling down. So I discontinued the exercise.
I dont know is this a normal thing to happen or somehow I lowered my
blood pressure. I have searched a lot of threads about the question is
astral projection real or not and all I have read is some say its a mind trick
and some say its real. So please anyone can give me some evidence.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How can you prove this?

A study was done years ago on the "tunnel of light," phenomenon. Pilots were placed in zero-g until they passed out. Upon waking up they all said they saw a tunnel of light and felt great. They all asked, "Why did you wake me up, I was having a wonderful dream."

I'm not saying there isn't another side to life, it's just that the mind is powerful and I've had some very real dreams. But they were just dreams after all, because when I woke up, I had not won the lottery.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
If I were you I'd check out the Paranormal Studies or Psychology, Philosophy & Metaphysics forum. The Paranormal Studies forum has a stickied thread dedicated to Astral Projection/OOBE's right here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but it works here too:
If we could prove something like this to you, would you believe? One of my friends was very sceptacle about astral projection so I had him take an object that I was not aware of and put it in a corner of a room in his house. I tried to see it for 3 weeks (sometimes I could be standing in the corner and not see anything) Finally I could see what it was clearly enough to describe it to him. It was a family picture of him that I had never seen before. I even drew him a picture of it. What did he say? "Lucky guess" All this experience did was prove to me it was real. You can't prove it to anyone else, because they will always question what they can not experience.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
goldbomb 444 Im not very sceptical about this question. I really want to
astral project, but I guess Im afraid of the unknown or maybe I dont believe
to a degree to initiate this. When you tried the remote viewing did you had
any previous attempts on this stuff. Or when you (if you) succeeded in
astral projection what where the first signs of the transition. I know that
this question is almost impossible to answer because it involves personal
experience that can only be transferred with words. If you want we can
try the experiment and if you succeed then I will have more positive proof
no matter how long it will take. I have also heard that when you astral project if this is true, there is possibility that some other entity might take
over your own body for a period of time or possess you. There must be a way to prove this.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by defiler
goldbomb 444 Im not very sceptical about this question. I really want to
astral project, but I guess Im afraid of the unknown or maybe I dont believe
to a degree to initiate this. When you tried the remote viewing did you had
any previous attempts on this stuff. Or when you (if you) succeeded in
astral projection what where the first signs of the transition. I know that
this question is almost impossible to answer because it involves personal
experience that can only be transferred with words. If you want we can
try the experiment and if you succeed then I will have more positive proof
no matter how long it will take. I have also heard that when you astral project if this is true, there is possibility that some other entity might take
over your own body for a period of time or possess you. There must be a way to prove this.

Ok, first of all I should tell you that I have been practicing Astral Projection since I became Gnostic, and usually while Astral Projecting I am seeking spiritual knowledge. No, you CAN NOT be taken over while projecting. (Don't worry, I have heard that one from a lot of people that have never done it before.) However, there are things called dark entities that don't want you to find the knowledge you seek, and will try to scare you, but it does nothing more than wakes you or sends you into a nightmare. (speaking from Gnostic views). I am not sure how you and I could possibly do an expirement...I had been to my friends house countless times and it still took me three weeks. When you project, depending on how well conscious you are, things may or may not look like the physical world. It is strange...you really have to just lose the fear and do it.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I had a class one time that we were told to try and prove somthing people didnt think you could prove.

I choose astral projection although myself not ever been able to do it. I have gotten close many times or felt like it but I got the crap scared out of me when i felt like i no longer had control of my breathing and my body.

If you search the internet you will find that there was many different studies done to try and prove this. The ones that stuck out the most to me were well known and trusted colleges that did testing with a subject in one room and an object in another. Some people would call this remote viewing. The subjects would then "astral project" and leave their body and then figure out what the object was. There was many different times this was documented along with others trials but it was never accepted by the MSM.

OBE's are excepted in many cultures around the world and have been for 1000's of years but in the west we tend to say its just smokes and mirrors.

That should help you on your quest for info.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sinking feeling? I usually get that when I'm rapidly falling asleep. Usually when I'm sleep deprived.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
There is no evidence to suggest its a real phenomenon in the sense most people claim.

There exists very simple ways to prove phenomenon, yet no one has been able to.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

It's perfectly normal. the falling is your shell (body) falling away from your spirit. Had you continued the exercise, with time you can control it and eventually you may lean to do this while sleeping. On occasion it is mistaken for Lucid dreaming.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
someone should put up a guided meditation using the Monroe technique and some binary beats. I have a half hour Astral Projection binaural beat that it could be done to. (which I can upload for anyone willing to put it together) But alas,my voice is rubbish for things like this. (especially as i have a cold at the mo)

I'm yet to get out of my body,but I've come close. I saw a being when I asked for help,but "my" voice (it wasn't me that thought it) told the blue beauty that i wasn't ready yet.

I reckon with a decent guided meditation,more people would be able to crack this nut.

Anyone want me to upload that binaural beat,let me know

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by defiler

Defiler, whether it's real or not doesn't really matter, in my opinion (and by real, of course you mean "does the soul/spirit" really leave the body, I'll assume...) because the phenomenon dubbed "astral projection" is certainly a real phenomenon. In the head or not, it's a fascinating thing to experience.

I would be curious to properly study the phenomenon with scientists that I liked (as opposed to skeptics...who I find are generally unpleasant to converse with), but, unfortunately, I'm not talented enough to induce the phenomenon at will.

But good luck to you--I hope you get the answers you're after and share them when and if you do!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have tried this week every day but it does not seem to happen.
Im not afraid and I dont try super hard as they say if you try very hard it
will not usually work. If someone has some tips pls tell me.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by defiler]

[edit on 30-11-2008 by defiler]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by goldbomb444

That's not proof. That is a single occurrence, and could be explained by an albeit-uncanny guess.

If someone could repeatedly succeed in this 'projection' in laboratory settings, then we'd have some decent evidence. As it is, no-one in history has ever managed to do so, and considering the financial and spiritual gains one could make from such a performance, it seems strange no-one has done so yet.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The monroe institue has recorded studies of succesfull experiments.I have also confirmed it is real from my own experiences with oobe's.I have no need to prove this to anyone only myself.Remember the scientific community once thought the earth was flat.We still can't build the pyramids but they are there.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Assuming it's real, and you eventually figure out how to do it, if you want proof that it's real, you could get a friend to draw one or two simple shapes or symbols on a piece of paper, and put it somewhere you couldn't normally see it, like on top of a very high shelf or something. Then, when you astral project, just float up there, commit the shapes to memory, and if they match the real thing, the you're on the money.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I remember once, I woke up in the middle of the night and I couldn't move. I had an extreme sense of fear, and all I could do was move my eyes. I was laying on my back. Suddenly I could visually see everything around me and I was floating in the middle of my bedroom, and had complete and total relief from the fear I was experiencing. This lasted about 3 or 4 seconds, and then I sort of got yanked back into my body and I could move again. My heart was racing and I was very confused, and quite afraid too. I didn't go back to sleep for about an hour after that.

I don't know if it was my mind playing tricks, but it seemed very real and I'm sure I wasn't dreaming (there was no transition like there is from a dream to reality).

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Im trying but with no results. I guess im doing something wrong.
Ill try to meditate more. Maybe that can help somehow.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have astral projected several times before 2 times on accident (before I knew about it) and 1 time by will.

Harrisboy42:
That was almost exactly my first experience, the not being able to move is called sleep paralysis. You go into sleep paralysis every night when you sleep, when you are "awake" and you cant move your body that means that your mind is awake but your body is still asleep, a key sign for astral projection. It IS a very scary first experience not knowing what just happened.

IT IS REAL. Dave
It has been proved by the Monroe Institute studies, look into it on youtube.

"As it is, no-one in history has ever managed to do so, and considering the financial and spiritual gains one could make from such a performance, it seems strange no-one has done so yet."

Astral projection is not for gaining wealth, you will not know the winning lotto numbers with astral projection. How you can say that no one has had spiritual gain from it , I do not know, you are not only false but ignorant to the topic. Maybe the spiritual gains that were told were dismissed by skeptics like yourself, rather than having an open mind they are torn down because THEY have not experienced it themselves.

In the beginning you don't experience the astral world like this physical world, it will take you a while to get adjusted. Its like when you a baby, you have to learn to crawl before you can walk. In order to accomplish this task it is not easy at all. The times I have had the most success are times that I am extremely tired, you have to get into the stage of sleep paralysis before you even attempt to project.

defiler:

Meditation is key, you basically have to be in a meditative state to project. Your brain waves have to be lowered to Delta, something that can help you achieve that is the brain wave generator ( another Robert Monroe tool ).

Do not give up! Youtube and google are your friend, also another good book that helped me is
www.amazon.co.uk...

Its a very good book, kinda hard to read but worth while.

new topics

top topics

join