It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stevens ousted; Dems eye power of 60

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Yes but what if he does what he plans and despite your expectations the country benefits... would he have earned your support then?

Absolutely. When I say I care about this country more, I mean it.

Or would you continue in your partisan way?

This isn't partisan to me at all. I have fundamental differences with Obama, that's all. If a Republican or someone claiming to be a Conservative had those views, I'd be just as against them.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by grover
Yes but what if he does what he plans and despite your expectations the country benefits... would he have earned your support then?

Absolutely. When I say I care about this country more, I mean it.

Then why not give him the benefit of the doubt until he earns your respect or contempt?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Starred! Totally agree. The Dems have to be careful. They will most likely stop the current bail out after Paulson has done the exact opposite of what he said. They will pass a new one with specific uses for the bail out. Since it went from "Buying bad loans" to "Giving money directly to our friends and business associates who run the GOP". They'll put aside some for the Auto Makers, less for AIG to spend on Spa Meetings, so forth. Then they'll stop the Iraq War, focus on Afganistan and Al Q. They'll finally get OBL since Bush already said he forgot about him and doesn't care. We'll have dimplomacy instead of threats, end the torture in Gitmo. And we'll move away from "Drill baby Drill" to "Wind, Solar, and Geo Thermal."

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again.

I am actively rooting for failed radio talk show host, Al Franken to steal Minnesota, and I'm also rooting for the bailout supporter, Saxby Chambliss to lose Georgia.

The Republicans deserve to lose. Mistake #1...running as far away from Bush as possible. #2....No real conservative leadership, too much sucking up to Democrats. When are they ever going to learn that you can not compromise with Democrats? Hopefully they learn before 2010 and 2012.

When the country is given a choice between Conservatism and Liberalism they choose Conservatism every time. McCain gave the country a choice between a semi-liberal vs a hard core liberal. That cannot happen again.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Time for some big changes. The old way is no longer working.

I have found though that the Democrates, in the past have been more socially responsible and have a tendency to not play as dirty as the Republicans.

If our newly elected President is going to be able to get anything through he is going to need a majority House and Senate.

It will be interesting to see who pulls the strings for the next four years.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I am, and have said so publicly for some time now.

My Statement

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join